Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden will unveil plans on Tuesday to extend the availability of higher biofuels-blended gasoline during summer to curb soaring fuel costs and to cut reliance on foreign energy sources, senior administration officials said.

The move will allow Americans to keep buying E15, a gasoline that uses a 15% ethanol blend, from June 1 to Sept. 15. While E15 is only 10 cents cheaper on average and is less "energy dense," meaning drivers would need to buy more fuel, it should still help lower fuel expenses, they told reporters on a call previewing the announcement.

Drivers get less mileage out of E-15 but it's 10 cent less.....Only slag dems would think that that's a "savings".

To add insult to injury the world is facing a food shortage and we are going to burn yet more corn in our tanks?

Ya, that is the Tater admin for ya.

Well I am not sure E15 is suitable for all vehicles, so having your ride at the garage will certainly reduce its demand for dinosaur stew.

WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden will unveil plans on Tuesday to extend the availability of higher biofuels-blended gasoline during summer to curb soaring fuel costs and to cut reliance on foreign energy sources, senior administration officials said.

The move will allow Americans to keep buying E15, a gasoline that uses a 15% ethanol blend, from June 1 to Sept. 15. While E15 is only 10 cents cheaper on average and is less "energy dense," meaning drivers would need to buy more fuel, it should still help lower fuel expenses, they told reporters on a call previewing the announcement.

Drivers get less mileage out of E-15 but it's 10 cent less.....Only slag dems would think that that's a "savings".

To add insult to injury the world is facing a food shortage and we are going to burn yet more corn in our tanks?

Ya, that is the Tater admin for ya.

Wah, Wah, Wah.

The only thing you need to do to run E15 is to retune. My Hemi likes it and gets quite a power boost from it over 93 octane. Not as good as 100 octane but try and find that and be able to afford it.

You are playing Politics when there is nothing there. I bet that your head is exploding knowing the sales of EVs are on the rise. So keep crying like the little baby you are. Wah, Wah, Wah.

Wah, Wah, Wah.

The only thing you need to do to run E15 is to retune. My Hemi likes it and gets quite a power boost from it over 93 octane. Not as good as 100 octane but try and find that and be able to afford it.

You are playing Politics when there is nothing there. I bet that your head is exploding knowing the sales of EVs are on the rise. So keep crying like the little baby you are. Wah, Wah, Wah.
Meh, Tater is just trying to scratch dirt over that 8.5% inflation number that came out this morning.

But.....If you are that big of a rube then enjoy your corn gas.

Wah, Wah, Wah.

Its the point, you dumb ass hack.
Allowing shittier gas that you burn more of, to cover a TEN CENT cost difference.
Not to mention, E15 isnt even approved for all vehicles.
But hack away, dumbfuck

You know that the corn going into the ethanol is not the same corn you eat at your Sunday BBQ, right?

You know that the corn going into the ethanol is not the same corn you eat at your Sunday BBQ, right?
Of course, but it's the same corn (or close) used to feed livestock.

Only about 10% of US corn is used for human consumption; the bulk of it is generally used for animal feed. So ethanol production has led to less corn for animal feed, which means that farmers have to pay more to feed their animals, a cost that gets passed on to consumers.

Forum List

Back