Biden: 'Not a Single Person on Private Insurance' Lost It 'Under Obamacare'— Fact Check: FALSE

My healthcare was cancelled because of Obamacare.
BULLSHIT!
The PPACA did NOT cancel a single healthcare plan. Old plans were GRANDFATHERED in the PPACA. If your plan was canceled it was the CHOICE of YOUR employer or YOUR insurance provider. But you knew that already.

Nice try.

The had to cancel them because they didn't meet the Obamacare criteria.

Now go fuck yoursel.

No, they didn't have to cancel them because of the criteria they could have grandfathered them in as they were allowed.

They were only grandfathered in for a couple years. The rates skyrocketed then they were cancelled.

Sorry to rain on your parade with facts

Sorry to rain on your parade from someone in the business that 2015 deadline was extended indefinitely and left up to each individual insurance company.

They will end someday in probably the near future simply because of death and many at some point may qualify for a subsidy which would make it cheaper for them but right now to purchase a new plan for someone who does not qualify for a subsidy would cost them quite a bit more. They should stay put as long as they can.

So basically you're arguing that insurance companies cancel polices and lose the revenue because they feel like it and don't really care about money. My insurance company sold me a policy for years, I paid the premium. Then one day they were like meh, don't care. Let's give up the money and cancel the policy.

OBVIOUSLY to the dumbest twit government made those policies untenable with ending regulations. That Obama said I could keep my policy then government kept regulating companies into cancelling them is still a total lie.

You really aren't smart. That is OBVIOUS. Yes, Obama lied, people died, insurance policies he promised we could keep were cancelled

What did Trump lie about?
Wind power, "opportunity zones," claiming Biden said the China travel ban was xenophobic, that the Obama admin didn't sell military equipment to Ukraine, that Biden called blacks super-predators, that he was given a cure for COVID, his child separation policy on the border, the stock market crashing if Biden wins, Biden's position on fracking, and there's more.

Every one of those is you lying about Biden's lies. That's what Democrats are, liars. You have to lie because your plans are illogical and don't work. So you lie and lie and lie. You lie about lies. You lie about what Trump said.

Every item you listed Trump was totally right. You're just a Democrat propagandist. Biden lied, you lied, people died

BULLSHIT!
The PPACA did NOT cancel a single healthcare plan. Old plans were GRANDFATHERED in the PPACA. If your plan was canceled it was the CHOICE of YOUR employer or YOUR insurance provider. But you knew that already.

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.
What exactly don't you understand about the GRANDFATHJERR clause?????

Overview of Grandfathered Status Plans
Grandfathered plans are health plans that were in place before March 23, 2010, when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law. These plans are allowed to offer the coverage they did before the Affordable Care Act. Changes can be made to grandfathered plans (subject to certain limitations) without losing grandfathered status. A grandfathered status plan might not include certain benefits or consumer protections that non-grandfathered plans are required to include. A few examples of this include:

• Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all preventive services at a $0 copay (such as contraceptive coverage).
  • Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all of the benefits healthcare reform has deemed to be “essential,” such as certain types of testing and treatment.
  • Grandfathered status plans have different member appeal rights.
However, healthcare reform has added some benefits to both grandfathered and non-grandfathered status plans, including:

• No lifetime dollar limit on benefits and/or no monetary limits on essential benefits (For example, your plan cannot have a $200,000 lifetime cap on organ transplants – it must be unlimited)
  • Dependent coverage to your adult children until they turn 26, subject to certain limitations (the age limit is 28 in Ohio for fully insured plans.)
So?

Millions still lost their plan.
99 percent didn’t.
All were offered alternative policies

So when Obama said if we like our insurance we can keep it, we don't have to get Obamacare, he meant when they cancel our policy we will be offered Obamacare. I got shitty coverage for literally three times the cost. Before Obamacare, I paid under $400 for a family of four. After Obamacare, I got worse coverage for $1,200 a month. Now I've sold my businesses and am back in corporate and I'm covered under a group plan again.

You're such a liar. Democrats saying Trump lies is just comic. Most of his supposed lies are not lies or are you lying about what he said. You're a hundred times the liar Trump is. Truth means nothing to you.

They were only grandfathered in for a couple years.
Well that's some progress, you now at least admit the old plans were actually grandfathered, but you couldn't stop there, you had to add a new lie that there was a time limit to the grandfather clause. There isn't!!!

§ 147.140 Preservation of right to maintain existing coverage.
(a) Definition of grandfathered health plan coverage -

(1) In general -

(i) Grandfathered health plan coverage means coverage provided by a group health plan, or a group or individual health insurance issuer, in which an individual was enrolled on March 23, 2010 (for as long as it maintains that status under the rules of this section).

I said that all along.

So it was grandfathered a couple years with the rates skyrocketing then cancelled. How does that help me?

And it still makes you a liar. I clearly did lose my coverage, as did millions of other people

Again, they were only allowed for a couple years.
Again, that is just another LIE! Please quote where in the LAW a time limit was set, I already posted where the LAW says no time limit.

Again, that Obama regulated them into being cancelled still leaves him as a liar for saying we can keep them. Democrats are such liars, you lie about everything all the time.

The cynic part is interesting. How the hell do you think you're a "cynic?" You totally trust government

BULLSHIT!

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.

No, they didn't have to cancel them because of the criteria they could have grandfathered them in as they were allowed.
No, Barrycare eliminated them because they didn't meet the guidelines of Barrycare. I provided a link earlier proving that, liar.

Nope.

Yes, he did and yes they were. Another Democrat just lying your ass off. You make Trump look like a Vulcan

BULLSHIT!

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.

Grandfathered plans are health plans that were in place before March 23, 2010, when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law. These plans are allowed to offer the coverage they did before the Affordable Care Act. Changes can be made to grandfathered plans (subject to certain limitations) without losing grandfathered status. A grandfathered status plan might not include certain benefits or consumer protections that non-grandfathered plans are required to include. A few examples of this include:

• Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all preventive services at a $0 copay (such as contraceptive coverage).
  • Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all of the benefits healthcare reform has deemed to be “essential,” such as certain types of testing and treatment.
However, healthcare reform has added some benefits to both grandfathered and non-grandfathered status plans, including:

• No lifetime dollar limit on benefits and/or no monetary limits on essential benefits (For example, your plan cannot have a $200,000 lifetime cap on organ transplants – it must be unlimited)
  • Dependent coverage to your adult children until they turn 26, subject to certain limitations (the age limit is 28 in Ohio for fully insured plans.)
So?

99 percent didn’t.

So when Obama said if we like our insurance we can keep it, we don't have to get Obamacare, he meant when they cancel our policy we will be offered Obamacare. I got shitty coverage for literally three times the cost. Before Obamacare, I paid under $400 for a family of four. After Obamacare, I got worse coverage for $1,200 a month. Now I've sold my businesses and am back in corporate and I'm covered under a group plan again.

You're such a liar. Democrats saying Trump lies is just comic. Most of his supposed lies are not lies or are you lying about what he said. You're a hundred times the liar Trump is. Truth means nothing to you.
Lets clarify who was telling the lie

Republicans were claiming Obama was pushing Socialized medicine and that everyone would have to switch to Obamacare plans.

Obama responded that if you like your plan, you can keep your plan. 99 percent kept their plan.

That means Republicans were 99 percent wrong in their claim and Obama was 1 percent wrong in his claim.

They sent me a letter saying they cancelled it
And by "they" you mean your insurance company, NOT, anyone from Obamacare!!!!!
No, the guidelines Barry put in his clusterfuck of a bill eliminated them.

No company would unilaterally eliminate plans they were making tons of money off of, idiot.

You are the idiot, like I said before some companies in some states eliminated nothing but keep it up asshole.

Yeah, you mentioned that, liar. According to you, companies just randomly cancel policies they are making money on.

I had that policy for a decade and the rate increases were totally reasonable, just a few bucks a month every year.

Obamacare comes and the rates rocket then they cancelled the policy.

And you the liar say what does Obamacare have to do with it? Companies don't care about making money, they just randomly cancel policies.

And you call Trump a liar. He's a novice compared to you people

BULLSHIT!

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.

So?

99 percent didn’t.

Republicans were claiming Obama was pushing Socialized medicine and that everyone would have to switch to Obamacare plans.

Obama responded that if you like your plan, you can keep your plan. 99 percent kept their plan.

That means Republicans were 99 percent wrong in their claim and Obama was 1 percent wrong in his claim.

You made those stats up. And Obamacare was a massive move towards socialized medicine.

Just more liar lying Democrat bull crap

Over 80% of the workforce got their coverage through work. When Commie Care passed, some of those employers dropped those plans, my company being one of them. This was particularly a regular practice with small businesses who hated dealing with the healthcare coverage problem, but had no choice because if they didn't provide that benefit, they couldn't attract workers.

Commie Care changed all that. Afterwards employers were no longer obligated to provide that benefit.

Over 80% of the workforce got their coverage through work. When Commie Care passed, some of those employers dropped those plans, my company being one of them. This was particularly a regular practice with small businesses who hated dealing with the healthcare coverage problem, but had no choice because if they didn't provide that benefit, they couldn't attract workers.

Commie Care changed all that. Afterwards employers were no longer obligated to provide that benefit.
Your company is cheap and screwed their employees
Your complaint is with them not Obamacare

Your company is cheap and screwed their employees
Your complaint is with them not Obamacare

No, my complaint is with Commie Care and Obama because had they never passed it, me and millions of others would have kept our coverage. This is what's known as Cause and Effect.

BULLSHIT!

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.

They were only grandfathered in for a couple years. The rates skyrocketed then they were cancelled.

Sorry to rain on your parade from someone in the business that 2015 deadline was extended indefinitely and left up to each individual insurance company.

They will end someday in probably the near future simply because of death and many at some point may qualify for a subsidy which would make it cheaper for them but right now to purchase a new plan for someone who does not qualify for a subsidy would cost them quite a bit more. They should stay put as long as they can.

So basically you're arguing that insurance companies cancel polices and lose the revenue because they feel like it and don't really care about money. My insurance company sold me a policy for years, I paid the premium. Then one day they were like meh, don't care. Let's give up the money and cancel the policy.

OBVIOUSLY to the dumbest twit government made those policies untenable with ending regulations. That Obama said I could keep my policy then government kept regulating companies into cancelling them is still a total lie.

You really aren't smart. That is OBVIOUS. Yes, Obama lied, people died, insurance policies he promised we could keep were cancelled
It is disheartening to see Trump's influence on The Following includes them following in his footsteps and becoming inveterate liars.

No, my complaint is with Commie Care and Obama because had they never passed it, me and millions of others would have kept our coverage.
If you decided not to have medical insurance after the ACA was fully implemented it's due to your own idiocy, not Obama.

BULLSHIT!

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.

It is disheartening to see Trump's influence on The Following includes them following in his footsteps and becoming inveterate liars.

Next time, read your link Stupid.

It’s true that insurance companies discontinued health plans that had covered millions of people who had bought them directly rather than through an employer. That’s because those plans didn’t meet the coverage standards of the new law.

If you decided not to have medical insurance after the ACA was fully implemented it's due to your own idiocy, not Obama.

People who were middle-class like myself couldn't afford those ridiculously priced--low coverage plans. Commie Care was meant to cater to shelf stockers and French fry makers, not people with real jobs. Low income workers generally vote Democrat.

Forum List

Back