Biden needs to take whatever deal he can get from Caputo because reconcillation is now off the table

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
if he wants to use it for something like his American Jobs Plan or Families Plan. And rolling back the McConnell/Trump tax cuts for the 1% is off the table, at least until 2022 before the election.

if he wants to use it for something like his American Jobs Plan or Families Plan. And rolling back the McConnell/Trump tax cuts for the 1% is off the table, at least until 2022 before the election.

No reason why one bill can't include all of that.

I don't think he can get 50 votes for one bill.

Trump lowered every income tax payers taxes...some that earn as little as 75,000 per year...a roll back of a tax cut by definition raises their taxes too and they are not the one percent....besides with gas creeping up to $4 per gallon a tax increase is the least of our worries...Joe shut down the Alaska pipeline this morning....look out gas guzzler's and food buyers...you are going to have to cut out that vacation this year and next and the next....more jobs slashed without any kind of explanation at all....

Yeah there is, it’s called the Joe Manchin VETO, he’s already made it clear he’s not on board with the American Jobs Plan as written and the proposed tax changes.

Back to the drawing board.

Trump lowered every income tax payers taxes...some that earn as little as 75,000 per year...a roll back of a tax cut by definition raises their taxes too and they are not the one percent....besides with gas creeping up to $4 per gallon a tax increase is the least of our worries...Joe shut down the Alaska pipeline this morning....look out gas guzzler's and food buyers...you are going to have to cut out that vacation this year and next and the next....more jobs slashed without any kind of explanation at all....
Nobody shut down the Alaska pipeline dumb ass. Quit lying

Good story Doggie, it’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out and may ultimately be a good thing for Uncle Joe, after all his primary mission is to restore stability and confidence NOT to “Go big” on legislation that was largely dreamed up in left wing think tanks. He should have learned that from what happened to his former boss and the shellacking(s) the Democrats took after he tried to “Go big” on left wing “priorities”.

IMHO Joe needs to stick with EVERYBODY priorities and if that means he just moves the citizenry back from the brink of complete stupidity somewhat, then he’ll be a successful President.

I think he meant ANWR. Its a lot of AK jobs, and a lot of oil.

Good story Doggie, it’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out and may ultimately be a good thing for Uncle Joe, after all his primary mission is to restore stability and confidence NOT to “Go big” on legislation that was largely dreamed up in left wing think tanks. He should have learned that from what happened to his former boss and the shellacking(s) the Democrats took after he tried to “Go big” on left wing “priorities”.

IMHO Joe needs to stick with EVERYBODY priorities and if that means he just moves the citizenry back from the brink of complete stupidity somewhat, then he’ll be a successful President.
Well I read a week or two ago that Biden saw what happened to Obama's plans when he actually brought deficits down, increased jobs and increased healthcare. Under WJC that would be a win. It was not for Obama. And the gop immediately blew up deficits like we've never seen before unless we were in recession, and they didn't accomplish the 4% growth they promised. And McConnell continues defending them as the greatest econ improvment ever. Maybe they were ... for the 1%.

So Biden said to hell with deficits, I'm gonna enact everything I can that would benefit the middle class. His plan is to stimulate demand as much as possible.

I'd agree with you if you're saying just get the infrastructure we use now fixed, and maybe some new power grid. Move benefits from the top 1% to the middle class. Biden wants a second term for the "soul of America." But the progressive agenda is not a maj.

The deficits are imo a problem, but no one else seems to give a damn, unless it's the gop when they are not the maj party, and when they are the maj party, they outspend the dems.

Wow, should I thank him for my dime when millionaires got hundreds, as well as my kid's new debt?

Faux Fraud Xiden will take the path that is most destructive to America, and to American Citizens and Families.

I never lie...if there is no drilling there is an empty pipeline....you need a better news source....

Well I read a week or two ago that Biden saw what happened to Obama's plans when he actually brought deficits down, increased jobs and increased healthcare. Under WJC that would be a win. It was not for Obama. And the gop immediately blew up deficits like we've never seen before unless we were in recession, and they didn't accomplish the 4% growth they promised. And McConnell continues defending them as the greatest econ improvment ever. Maybe they were ... for the 1%.

So Biden said to hell with deficits, I'm gonna enact everything I can that would benefit the middle class. His plan is to stimulate demand as much as possible.

I'd agree with you if you're saying just get the infrastructure we use now fixed, and maybe some new power grid. Move benefits from the top 1% to the middle class. Biden wants a second term for the "soul of America." But the progressive agenda is not a maj.

The deficits are imo a problem, but no one else seems to give a damn, unless it's the gop when they are not the maj party, and when they are the maj party, they outspend the dems.
You make a good point regarding "infrastructure" as there is potential for ROI and it's effect on expanding the U.S. production possibilities curve (PPC) across the broad economy there, however I have no confidence that the boys & girls in Washington are capable of confining themselves to items that are actually return positive when it comes to a singular massive infrastructure bill (They'll dip their nasty beaks into it and extract a SEA of non ROI pork from it).

As far as the rest of it re:"Benefit the Middle Class", same story as with a massive infrastructure bill as well as the fact that I have no faith that anything the Democrats pass will end up largely benefitting "the middle class", in fact why are we even worrying about "the middle class" when it's the POOR that STILL only get 13 cents of every subsidy dollar that government hands out? why don't we work on helping them become NOT POOR first and then worry about subsidizing everybody else?

In my opinion, Joe needs to stick to what he's good at and just work on healing the vicious divisions that exist and bringing some confidence back to institutions.

I think he meant ANWR. Its a lot of AK jobs, and a lot of oil.
There is no ANWR pipeline.

Forum List

Back