Biden and the Dems are harming the hard-working middle class

Trump did. Lowest unemployment in my life, increasing wages on the lower end for the first time in decades, a booming stock market, etc. He did it by creating a business-friendly environment by reducing taxes on corporations (to a globally competitive level) and cutting out the red-tape regulations.

I look forward to his return in 2025.

You have no understanding how economics work. Income inequality is growing.
Called getting a job schmuck and quit looking for handouts

You are the one who is a traitor. Biden has tried to help the middle class while Trump and the Republicans helped the rich.

How does allowing energy prices to go through the roof "help the middle class" at all?

In fact, it disproportionately destroys the Middle Class- which lives in the suburbs, drives SUV's, instead of being warehoused in the huge, dense, failed cities.

Trump did. Lowest unemployment in my life, increasing wages on the lower end for the first time in decades, a booming stock market, etc. He did it by creating a business-friendly environment by reducing taxes on corporations (to a globally competitive level) and cutting out the red-tape regulations.

I look forward to his return in 2025.

Trump did not. Trump already had the lowest rate of unemployment when he took office. That is like a quarterback starting from the other side's 2 yard line and talking about the great drive he led. Wages are now increasing for workers on the lower end. The stock market has been booming ever since the pandemic. Trump allowed big businesses to pollute the air and water. Regulations are there for a purpose. Corporations have not been sharing the wealth with their workers. The rich have been the big winners as corporations have used the money for stock buybacks and other useless things. Even Obama was willing to cut corporate tax rates to a globally competitive level.

Leftists always like to say how they want to help the lower- and middle-class, by giving away more free stuff of course, but their policies are KILLING the financial well-being of tens of millions of middle class people!

I am talking about retirees and near-retirees - the ones who did everything right to prepare for their golden years. They worked regular jobs all their lives, and saved and invested for 30 to 40 years.

But Biden (or his Marxist handlers) are buying votes - under the pretense of “equity” - with handouts for whatever specific group they deem worthy, be it parents earning $150,000 with a child, or proposing to abolish student loans, make college free, whatever. That has already driven inflation to a 40-year-high.

The result is that the Fed is now forced to take aggressive action to control Biden’s damage and has announced as many as five rate hikes this year. That not only means that borrowers with adjustable rates will be hit hard, but he has spooked the stock market in anticipation of rising (inflation-fighting) rates.

So, in order to give parents with six-figure incomes money, and with the threat of more handouts, including to illegals, elderly people like my mother living in an ALF off her savings is getting hit hard, and independent retirees, looking forward to a return to travel and other activities they saved for, will see their standard of living fall.
That’s a feature, not a bug. The Left hate the poor and middle class.

Trump did not. Trump already had the lowest rate of unemployment when he took office. That is like a quarterback starting from the other side's 2 yard line and talking about the great drive he led. Wages are now increasing for workers on the lower end. The stock market has been booming ever since the pandemic. Trump allowed big businesses to pollute the air and water. Regulations are there for a purpose. Corporations have not been sharing the wealth with their workers. The rich have been the big winners as corporations have used the money for stock buybacks and other useless things. Even Obama was willing to cut corporate tax rates to a globally competitive level.
Wages began to rise for the first time in decades under Trump.
Bringing back jobs to our soil and reducing government burdens does that.

I’m retired and doing great under President Biden
My stocks and Real Estate holdings have gone up significantly
Let’s Go Brandon!
1642865052218.png

You have no understanding how economics work. Income inequality is growing.
When I hear this argument of supposed "income inequality" I have to laugh....Not all things in this world are equal, or fair...They are a culmination of choices and decisions, and risk...IOW, The person making $17.50 hr. in the warehouse driving a forklift, vs the person managing the plant for $200K per year are not the same...They don't have the same education, they didn't make the same choices in life, and they didn't take the same risk to get to where they are both at in their life...So, why should they be equal in income?

1. They’re heading down now, wise-guy. Biden has gone so far to the left that he’s driving inflation and spooking the markets wih impending rate hikes.

2. I thought you were a leftist who cares about the poor and low-income, and wants to keep giving them more taxpayer-provided free stuff. But you DGAF about how all that hurts the middle class, and particularly the middle class seniors, who have (unlike the poor people) contributed to society for 40 years?

^^^ And this is what lefties are after - give out enough free to bring poor people UP to a lower-middle class lifestyle, and bring the middle class DOWN to a lower-middle class lifestyle. That is why that poster above doesn’t care about how liberal policies hurt the middle class - their goal is EQUITY.

Trump has not gone far to the left. You have gone to the far right. The market has not been spooked as it has been quite healthy.

Helping people does not hurt the middle class. Allowing income inequality to grow hurts everyone except the rich. Helping the poor and struggling does not hurt the middle class. The middle class is shrinking as income inequality grows and corporations become more powerful.

It is the rich and powerful that are attacking the middle class. Income inequality has grown because of this. The disparity between CEO pay and workers has never been higher. The government should be raising taxes on the rich and powerful and helping those wqho are struggling.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
Trump has not gone far to the left. You have gone to the far right. The market has not been spooked as it has been quite healthy.

Helping people does not hurt the middle class. Allowing income inequality to grow hurts everyone except the rich. Helping the poor and struggling does not hurt the middle class. The middle class is shrinking as income inequality grows and corporations become more powerful.

It is the rich and powerful that are attacking the middle class. Income inequality has grown because of this. The disparity between CEO pay and workers has never been higher. The government should be raising taxes on the rich and powerful and helping those wqho are struggling.
Brandon has not helped one person in America with a net worth of less than a million dollars.

You’re so ignorant of economics, and so brainwashed into thinking the market is healthy (!!), and so incapable of understanding why printing money to give to lower-income people hurts middle-income people via increased inflation and the resulting fed action that lowers the stock market….well, I can’t even.

If someone else wants to take this brainwashed leftist on, have at it. I just finished lunch and don’t want to get nauseous.

How does allowing energy prices to go through the roof "help the middle class" at all?

In fact, it disproportionately destroys the Middle Class- which lives in the suburbs, drives SUV's, instead of being warehoused in the huge, dense, failed cities.

No one is allowing energy prices to go through the roof. Production was cut during the pandemic because of lower demand. However demand is up and many of those rigs are only slowly coming back up. Some oil companies seem to be content with letting prices stay higher.

Called getting a job schmuck and quit looking for handouts

The fact is that companies have been screwing it's workers for many years. They have driven wages down just so they can pay off the rich shareholders. The ratio of what a CEO makes to what a worker makes has been going up. The fact is that companies have underpaid their workers knowing they can get assistance from the government. A helping hand is not a handout. You would have been right at home during the era of the robber barons.

When I hear this argument of supposed "income inequality" I have to laugh....Not all things in this world are equal, or fair...They are a culmination of choices and decisions, and risk...IOW, The person making $17.50 hr. in the warehouse driving a forklift, vs the person managing the plant for $200K per year are not the same...They don't have the same education, they didn't make the same choices in life, and they didn't take the same risk to get to where they are both at in their life...So, why should they be equal in income?

Fed statistics show that the top 1% have more of the nation's wealth than the middle 60%. This is the first time this has happened since the Fed has tracked this statistic. It is real.

Good Commie.
And like all good Commies, it’s all about stealing from the hard workers instead of giving those without an improved chance to lift themselves.

That is all you can do when you have no argument. It is the rich that are stealing. They can buy members of Congress to prevent any tax increases which they can well afford.

The stock market will moderate. It is not going to collapse.
I never said it would collapse, BB. I said it would "tank". You can expect major losses in the stock market as soon as the Fed announces higher interest rates. They will not be "moderate". They will be steep.

Forum List

Back