Best thing to do for your health...nothing.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
The one who designed our bodies and gave us the innate desire and drive to work offered that we should do nothing one day each week. Most in the western world are overworked, overstressed, overweight, and over stimulated by drugs, alcohol and sugar. Most attempts at better health involve forcing the body to do things and consume things, which often results in yet more of the aforementioned fatigue and depression. It's so bad that many need several days of inactivity in order for the body to even begin to rest. Best to allow our bodies to recuperate as God intended by kicking back one day each week (one doesn't have to be a 'believer' to take advantage of this knowledge). ;)

Last edited:
The one who designed our bodies and gave us the innate desire to work offered that we should do nothing one day each week. Most in the western world are overworked, overstressed, overweight, and over stimulated by drugs, alcohol and sugar. Most attempts at better health involve forcing the body to do things and consume things, which often results in yet more of the aforementioned fatigue and depression. It's so bad that many need several days of inactivity in order for the body to actually begin to rest.
while working is good for the body , doing nothing is good for the soul,,

while working is good for the body , doing nothing is good for the soul,,
If you want to live to be 100 by doing nothing, that is your call.

biden-bernie.jpg

But if you want to actually do something with your life and die a little earlier you can do that as well.

If you want to live to be 100 by doing nothing, that is your call.

biden-bernie.jpg

But if you want to actually do something with your life and die a little earlier you can do that as well.
working for 50yrs straight has left my body in a pretty bad place so its time I sit back and do nothing for a while,,

but dont fear I still have a lot of work to do,,

your body needs balance not a constant abuse,,

Depends on the person. I love doing things. So I work every day. About one, maybe two days out of a month I will get hit with the tired stick and will sleep about 12 hours.

Then I take it easy the rest of the day.

The next day I am back to normal.

e forcing the body to do things and consume things, which often results in yet more of the aforementioned fatigue and depression. It's so bad that many need several days of inactivity in order for the body to even begin to rest. Best to allow our bodies to recuperate as God intended by kicking back one day each week (one doesn't have to be a 'believer' to take advantage of this knowledge). ;)

Only two absurd ideas -- the only two in your OP , rofl.

You train, not force . Gradually adapt and improve.
You do not cheat once a week because the regime that you follow with your training will achieve what will be the best for you .
And changing the best once a week for no good reason is like tipping saved money down the toilet . Pointless .
By all means add variety.
Just saying .

Only two absurd ideas -- the only two in your OP , rofl.

You train, not force . Gradually adapt and improve.
You do not cheat once a week because the regime that you follow with your training will achieve what will be the best for you .
And changing the best once a week for no good reason is like tipping saved money down the toilet . Pointless .
By all means add variety.
Just saying .
Rest is even more important if you are training physically. Growth and strength occur while at rest. Anyway, athletics suspends the normal rules of health. Fitness and health are not the same thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back