Why there will always be poor people. Poverty has nothing to do with a lack of money. It's a state of mind.

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
The old adage, a fool and his money will soon be parted.

'I wanted to blow it. I wanted to have fun,' one recipient said​

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser distributed thousands of dollars to low-income moms with no strings attached as part of an "equitable economic recovery strategy" to offset the costs of childcare. In at least one case, the taxpayer dollars were used to fund a lavish trip to Miami.

The direct cash payments were part of a pilot program to determine whether the flush of cash could demonstrate "economic improvements among participants." "Additional cash has allowed women to achieve further financial stability, financial security, food security, and health insurance coverage," Bowser's office had claimed.

But an economic policy expert told Fox News Digital the policies were a misdirection of funds that should otherwise be used for public safety and education.

Poverty in America is a choice. Period.
There is no reason to be poor in America other than you choose to be.
Even people with lower IQs, and can only do menial labor can still work hard and get a decent paying job and not be poor.
In America, poverty is the subtotal of all the cacophony of bad choices a person has made.

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser distributed thousands of dollars to low-income moms with no strings attached as part of an "equitable economic recovery strategy" to offset the costs of childcare. In at least one case, the taxpayer dollars were used to fund a lavish trip to Miami.

The direct cash payments were part of a pilot program to determine whether the flush of cash could demonstrate "economic improvements among participants." "Additional cash has allowed women to achieve further financial stability, financial security, food security, and health insurance coverage," Bowser's office had claimed.

But an economic policy expert told Fox News Digital the policies were a misdirection of funds that should otherwise be used for public safety and education.

A state of mind or just lack of education and self control? If you are broke you are broke. Also, if politicians who steal money don't face stuff consequences, then you ain't seen nothing yet comrade.

Conservatives in America - "I work hard for what I have, and so should you. If you choose not to, don't come crying to me to about why you don't have anything".

Liberals in America - "I work hard for what I have, it's ok if you don't. If you choose not to, we will take conservatives money and give it to you".

And this is why Democrats are so successful it buying votes. They managed to ruin an entire race of people by the principle above. And now are well into ruining another whole set of the population to make them as bad as the first people they ruined.

So out of all the recipients who got a payment that probably wouldn't cover two months of my family bills, one person blew the money on a trip to Miami.

So what did the rest do?

Tell that to all the people living in war torn and poverty stricken countries under corrupt leadership that all they have to do is change their state of mind to get out of the abject poverty that are mired in.

Tell that to a woman in Iran who will be beaten if she dares to try to earn her own money that all she has to do is change her mindset improve her finances

Poverty in America is a choice. Period.
There is no reason to be poor in America other than you choose to be.
Even people with lower IQs, and can only do menial labor can still work hard and get a decent paying job and not be poor.
In America, poverty is the subtotal of all the cacophony of bad choices a person has made.

I can mostly agree with that. But there are some who for any plethora of reasons may not be able to and recognizing that is just acknowledging reality.

Conservatives in America - "I work hard for what I have, and so should you. If you choose not to, don't come crying to me to about why you don't have anything".

Liberals in America - "I work hard for what I have, it's ok if you don't. If you choose not to, we will take conservatives money and give it to you".

And this is why Democrats are so successful it buying votes. They managed to ruin an entire race of people by the principle above. And now are well into ruining another whole set of the population to make them as bad as the first people they ruined.

I look at it as…

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life

But what happens when all the fish in your pond are gone?

The Liberals in general and the Democrats specifically have created that poverty mentality by creating the welfare state.

Not only did it perpetrated poverty but it also destroyed families and help to put the country in astronomical debt.

But it maintains a voting block for the Democrats so why do away with it?

A state of mind or just lack of education and self control? If you are broke you are broke. Also, if politicians who steal money don't face stuff consequences, then you ain't seen nothing yet comrade.
/-----/ A state of mind or just lack of education and self control?
The two go hand in hand. One recipient opened a savings account with $50, spent the rest paying bills and buying a used car. At least a step in the right direction, but that car has monthly costs. She should use it to find a job.

I look at it as…

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life

But what happens when all the fish in your pond are gone?
Nice sounding euphemism, but there are plenty of fish in the American pond. Running over in fact.

You can make 100,000.00 dollars a year but if it doesn't cover the cost of clothing, food, shelter, and medical needs then that's poverty. Germany the years after WW1 comes to mind.

Nice sounding euphemism, but there are plenty of fish in the American pond. Running over in fact.
Maybe in total

But there are ponds across the country that were once abundant with fish and are now barren

Those with the ability to move to another pond do so, leaving those without the resources behind.

Conservatives will point to the inner cities but it also includes rural America where once abundant forms of income have gone.

1708693512839.png

Everyone cant be rich but in this nation your education and healthcare shouldn't depend on your parents income levels. The rest is up to you and a bit of luck. That is the American dream. However we offer shit education and healthcare for the poor. The wealthy have great options for education and healthcare. Our output would be much better if we addressed those two specific issues IMO.

Maybe in total

But there are ponds across the country that were once abundant with fish and are now barren

Those with the ability to move to another pond do so, leaving those without the resources behind.

Conservatives will point to the inner cities but it also includes rural America where once abundant forms of income have gone.
Aye, but that is a complicated, and again, self inflicted problem.
Americans are the worst consumers in the world, it isn't even close.
We buy products without any thought whatsoever in who is making it. None.
We love to bitch about loss of manufacturing etc,. but line up at WalMart/Amazon and buy Chinese shit anyway. We are a very-very selfish people, who seem to have no clue as to the results of our actions.

The high cost of a low price - should be required viewing for every high school student, and again in college.

Maybe in total

Let's take another dimension.

I have vacation property in Northern Wisconsin. The reason why there are abundant fish up there is because the government manages hatcheries to ensure there are plenty of fish for sportsmen.

But about 40 years ago, the local Chippewa tribe noticed that there was a clause in their treaty that allowed them to spearfish during the spawning season. Just to screw with white people, they took as many fish as they could, not even bothering to eat them or sell them, just dumped them on the side of the road.

Forum List

Back