Belief vs. Disbelief of Presidential Candidates

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
A final comment on this year's Presidential election:

There seems to be a larger credibility gap between the two major party candidates than I can ever recall. The Republican candidate's words have been taken to their literal extreme, no matter their context, whereas the Democratic candidate's words are universally dismissed as campaign puffery, regardless of their significance.

This presents an interesting psychological question about the American electorate: Do we prefer being lied to? Unlike commercial advertising, which focuses on product attributes and brand identification, this year's political campaign is almost utterly devoid of debate about the relative benefits of competing proposals. Instead, it has focused on vague threats about what might happen if the opposition candidate is elected.

Are we going to exercise our individual evaluations in this election, or are we going to surrender our votes to those who profess to know better?

Credibility gap? Drumpf has lied to your face multiple times and you still pretend he is not a liar? Lets just start with one lie. Drumpf was a big Birther. Then he threw you fools under the bus. :laugh:

Voted about 2 hours ago, and it was a tough decision.

3rd party wasn't even considered,,

Vote for the carnival barker, or the crime family queen..

It was a tough choice, but I finally decided to vote for the person that would be able to handle the job, and do the best for the country.

I wrote my own name in

Looks like Drumpf got caught in another lie.

5604f721-742c-4ed1-b756-51647b6c5d6e
Election 2016: Live coverage - CNNPolitics.com

Credibility gap? Drumpf has lied to your face multiple times and you still pretend he is not a liar? Lets just start with one lie. Drumpf was a big Birther. Then he threw you fools under the bus. :laugh:

I'm sorry that you are unable to see anything except through a racial lens.

I'm sorry that you are unable to see anything except through a racial lens.
Are you saying Drumpf was being racist when he said Obama was not born in the US?

Forum List

Back