"Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts"

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts
  • A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

So let's take the politics out of this mask thing and get healthy again!
Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Driving a car is not a Constitutional right, you blithering idiot.
Nor is going to work or the store without a mask on you fucking retard.
I can choose not to go to a store, and if my employer mandates it that is his right.

The Govt has no authority to force people to wear a mask, idiot.
That has nothing to do with the point.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask. All they have to do is start charging your asses with attempted murder or assault.
Indeed the government has that authority,this is a facist dictatership we live in.we have no freedoms or libertys.they are the ones that make the laws not us Nostra dummy :laughing0301:

Right now they just fine you but expect them to start throwing you in jail soon eventually if you don’t wear one.

saying the government does not have the authority to tell you to wear a mask is the same thing as saying they don’t have the authority to fine you for not wearing a seatbelt.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::uhoh3:
Where does this authority come from? Cite the clause in the Constitution giving the govt this power. Your fellow idiots have been unable to do so.

And as I pointed out earlier.........driving a car isn't a Constitutional right.

Next dumbass question?
Its in the General Welfare clause dumbass. But they wont even need that. Theres already laws on the books dealing with people that intentionally spread diseases.
No, it isn't.

Please try again, Fuckface.

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

• A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!
actually very few people complained about seatbelts

I can choose not to go to a store, and if my employer mandates it that is his right.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask. All they have to do is start charging your asses with attempted murder or assault.
Indeed the government has that authority,this is a facist dictatership we live in.we have no freedoms or libertys.they are the ones that make the laws not us Nostra dummy :laughing0301:

Right now they just fine you but expect them to start throwing you in jail soon eventually if you don’t wear one.

saying the government does not have the authority to tell you to wear a mask is the same thing as saying they don’t have the authority to fine you for not wearing a seatbelt.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::uhoh3:
Where does this authority come from? Cite the clause in the Constitution giving the govt this power. Your fellow idiots have been unable to do so.

And as I pointed out earlier.........driving a car isn't a Constitutional right.

Next dumbass question?
Its in the General Welfare clause dumbass. But they wont even need that. Theres already laws on the books dealing with people that intentionally spread diseases.
No, it isn't.

Sorry retard. You lose again.

" A general welfare clause is a section that appears in many constitutions and in some charters and statutes that allows that the governing body empowered by the document to enact laws to promote the general welfare of the people, which is sometimes worded as the public welfare. In some countries, it has been used as a basis for legislation promoting the health, safety, morals, and well-being of the people governed by it. "

Seatbelts is a great example of how people get turned into sheep. We were told it was safer, most agreed but really didn’t think a law forcing you to wear one was a good idea. So when the sheep wouldn’t do as they were told by those that know what’s best for them they started “nudging” you in the right direction. Laws “suggesting” you should wear one. No fines or anything but an officer would pull you over, waste some of your time and have a friendly little chat about how all of this could have been avoided if you had just taken their “suggestion”.

Of course that didn’t take long to turn into click it or ticket but the sheep had to get a few nudges before the actual shove could be justified.

Makes you think. What kind of “suggestions” are they making today?
It’s Ironic that this thread was created today when it was cause I was just thinking the exact same thing today that it’s no surprise we live in a facist dictatership with all these dreconian laws now.I was thinking to myself today that man,it’s no surprise we are being dictated today on what to do,that we have to wear these masks.thats when i thought about the seatbelt laws how the sheep let that happen,that if we were really a free country,we would not be ordered to wear a seatbelt.that it should be a persons choice or not if they want to wear one,if they get in an accident,then that was their choice they made that they suffered S they did,they did not harm anybody else by not putting on their own seatbelt. Our forefathers sure would never have stood for it.

the way the sheep have let them strip away so many of our rights,expect this to be the new normal.
In truth, we have actual scientific evidence that seat belts save lives along with better vehicle crash designs. Cars are a human creation and I have no problem with them being designed to be safe and seat belts do help. With the advent of air bags and other safety features, IMO, mandatory seatbelt laws need to be reexamined.

That being said, the scientific evidence that a mask can protect anyone from a virus is just not there. There is no way any statistical model can be accurate when we don't have all the data. There needs to be massively more research into this before we let these politicians start to tyranically dictate where we go, who we see, when we can work, and even what we are allowed to wear and not wear.

I know,if cracks me up the sheep think a mere mask will protect them:laughing0301::auiqs.jpg:again,yes seatbelts save lives. I don’t argue that but that is still trampling on my constitutional right if I don’t want to wear one,that should be MY choice if I want to risk losing my life not someone else coming in ordering me around that I can’t drive if I don’t wear one,that’s bullshit.thats not what America was founded on,it was founded on free choice.if we were a free country,then it would be MY choice to choose to be safe or not,not someone else dictating to me what I cannot do. Now with speed limit laws,I agree on that because I am endangering other people’s life’s if I break the speed limit not just mine.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask.

Cite what gives them that authority.
You really can’t be this stupid :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg:

Unfortunately it's not quite THAT simple.

They CAN force you to wear a mask on all gov't owned property, like courthouses, DMV's, even roads and bridges. But NOT private homes, businesses, etc.
He seems to be dense to that little fact :abgg2q.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :biggrin:

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask.

Cite what gives them that authority.
You really can’t be this stupid :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg:
Yes he can and he has proved it many times. :lol:

Next dumbass question?
No, it isn't.

Sorry retard. You lose again.

" A general welfare clause is a section that appears in many constitutions and in some charters and statutes that allows that the governing body empowered by the document to enact laws to promote the general welfare of the people, which is sometimes worded as the public welfare. In some countries, it has been used as a basis for legislation promoting the health, safety, morals, and well-being of the people governed by it. "
youre confusing them providing something with them forcing people to do something against their will,,,

so your example falls flat,,,

That being said, the scientific evidence that a mask can protect anyone from a virus is just not there. There is no way any statistical model can be accurate when we don't have all the data. There needs to be massively more research into this before we let these politicians start to tyranically dictate where we go, who we see, when we can work, and even what we are allowed to wear and not wear.
Actually all the experiments about the protective properties of masks was done back when human life was cheap. 1800's early 1900's when they could run mask vs no mask trials, and the clear evidence was that masks help stop the spread of disease.

Any modern day studies are suspect, because medical ethics would not allow such a double blind study.

Seatbelts is a great example of how people get turned into sheep. We were told it was safer, most agreed but really didn’t think a law forcing you to wear one was a good idea. So when the sheep wouldn’t do as they were told by those that know what’s best for them they started “nudging” you in the right direction. Laws “suggesting” you should wear one. No fines or anything but an officer would pull you over, waste some of your time and have a friendly little chat about how all of this could have been avoided if you had just taken their “suggestion”.

Of course that didn’t take long to turn into click it or ticket but the sheep had to get a few nudges before the actual shove could be justified.

It’s Ironic that this thread was created today when it was cause I was just thinking the exact same thing today that it’s no surprise we live in a facist dictatership with all these dreconian laws now.I was thinking to myself today that man,it’s no surprise we are being dictated today on what to do,that we have to wear these masks.thats when i thought about the seatbelt laws how the sheep let that happen,that if we were really a free country,we would not be ordered to wear a seatbelt.that it should be a persons choice or not if they want to wear one,if they get in an accident,then that was their choice they made that they suffered S they did,they did not harm anybody else by not putting on their own seatbelt. Our forefathers sure would never have stood for it.

the way the sheep have let them strip away so many of our rights,expect this to be the new normal.
It’s only going to get worse. The woke police will make sure of it.

Next dumbass question?
Promote the general welfare.

"Went to war about seat belts"? I don't recall that particular war. You almost gotta laugh that mobs are burning cars and tearing down artifacts but the radical left wants to throw you in jail for refusing to wear a freaking surgical mask in public.

It’s only going to get worse. The woke police will make sure of it.
Yeah I know it,I am afraid this is the new normal they are going to accept,they have accepted the NSA illegally spying on them so to think they won’t accept this as the new normal is just not being realistic.things are only going to get worse in the coming years not better,we are in dangerous times now.

"Went to war about seat belts"? I don't recall that particular war. You almost gotta laugh that mobs are burning cars and tearing down artifacts but the radical left wants to throw you in jail for refusing to wear a freaking surgical mask in public.

It's what's necessary when people won't obey the law. Warnings, followed by fines, followed by jail.

That’s our wonderful government for you throwing you in jail fir not wearing a mask in public. There was protest back then but it was short lived and did not last long,same thing wil happen again I’m afraid.

You’re not supposed to drive and use your mobile phone. You’re not supposed to go over the speed limit. Take someone else’s property. How many more you need?

It's what's necessary when people won't obey the law. Warnings, followed by fines, followed by jail.
It’s not a law. Read my last post. Honestly, how can you always write such stupid

When the law is bullshit as it is with seatbelts,smoking being banned at bars,the NSA being allowed to spy on us and now this,it’s time for the American people to stand up and fight,they never do though and they won’t again either of course.

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.
You mean it SHOULD be your option,but thanks to our facist dictatership government,it’s not.they will,soon be the gestapo and start throwing you in jail if you do not comply

It’s not a law. Read my last post. Honestly, how can you always write such stupid
An executive order issued under a states constitution or a states laws giving the governor that power, makes it LAW.

It's no different than martial law. You won't find it in the constitution. But it a clearly a law.

Martial law in the United States refers to United States history where in a region, state, city or the United States as a whole were placed under the control of a military body. On a national level, both the President of the United States and the United States Congress have the power to impose martial law, since both can be in charge of the Militia.[1] In each state, the governor has the right to impose martial law within the borders of the state.[2] In the United States, martial law has been used in a limited number of circumstances, such as New Orleans during the Battle of New Orleans; after major disasters, such as the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 or the 1906 San Francisco earthquake or during riots, such as the Omaha race riot of 1919 or the 1920 Lexington riots;

Forum List

Back