Beer from which European countries have you tasted yet?

Beer from which European countries have you tasted yet?

• England

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Scotland

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Ireland

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Belgium

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Denmark

• Germany

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Austria

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • other

• Total voters
All that Mr. Dunderbak's had in stock. Greenspoint Mall back in the day.....

I've had beers from every country on the list and then some. I've found that many of my local breweries surpass them. Plus one in Montana.

German Brewing Secrets Turn Namibia Into Unlikely Beer-Making Mecca​

Reinheitsgebot is the name of the German Beer Purity Law, which states that only barley, water and hops may go into beer.

Reinheitsgebot is also the best-known German word in Namibia. April 23, marked the 497th anniversary of the proclamation of that law in Bavaria, and in Namibia the anniversary is always cause for celebration. That’s because one of the world’s top beers is brewed in this former German colony in southwest Africa – Windhoek Lager, named after Namibia’s capital city.

Is the beer made in accordance with the German law? “Absolutely!” says master brewer Christian Müller. An African of German heritage, Müller says that German beer has become part of Namibian culture. His pride in Windhoek Lager is matched by the appreciation it gets elsewhere – such as the prestigious international DLG quality test organized by the Deutsche Landwirtschafts-Gesellschaft (German Agricultural Society), which has earned Windhoek eight gold medals since 2005.

In Germany, Windhoek Lager is mostly known among beer enthusiasts, but there’s a fan base across Europe – and not only because African-German lager beer has curiosity value. "The success of a beer is always determined by its taste," Müller says.

More:

I have probably had beer from every one of those countries.
I was a craft beer enthusiast way before it became cool. I first began home brewing beer in the 1990s.

Something I will say to those smirking American beers.
Some of the best beers in the world are made in America, hands down.
People always think American beer means Bud/Miller/Coors... it does not.
Numerous of the highest rated beers in the world are made in the USA.
America does indeed make the corporate "beer water" - but it also makes some of the best beer you will try anywhere.

Forum List

Back