batman the never ending movie.....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
first 10 or 15 minutes...is batman anxing about his role in gotham...it is a dark movie in the filming...it is hard to determine what is happening much of the time....it is a long long movie....nearly 3 hours....didnt need to be more than 2 hours at best..now i am not a fan of patterson and dont think i will ever be...colin ferrell as the penquin was excellent....they ruined the riddle..there was no humor ...no campiness....just dark

first 10 or 15 minutes...is batman anxing about his role in gotham...it is a dark movie in the filming...it is hard to determine what is happening much of the time....it is a long long movie....nearly 3 hours....didnt need to be more than 2 hours at best..now i am not a fan of patterson and dont think i will ever be...colin ferrell as the penquin was excellent....they ruined the riddle..there was no humor ...no campiness....just dark
My friends like this sort of shit and reckon its a work of genius.

most people coming out of the movie polled by CinemaScore gave it an A-.....and those polled by Post Trac gave it an 87% positive score (with an average 4.5 out of 5 stars), with 71% saying they would definitely recommend it.......even Rotten Tomatoes gave it 86%.....

I don't think Batman was originally intended to be “campy” or comedic.

Of course, I grew up watching the 1960s version of Batman, as portrayed by Adam West, so that's how I long thought of the character. It was quite a change to see the 1990s version, with Michael Keaton, portraying the character in a much darker, more serious way.

The very first screen appearance of Batman was a 1943 theater serial. It consisted of 15 episodes, averaging around twenty minutes each. The way it was originally presented was when you went to a theater to watch a movie, they'd show you an episode before the main movie. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger, and an exhortation to return to the theater next week to see the next episode.

It was meant to be serious, and somewhat dark, but was made on a very tight budget, and ended up coming across as comedic. It's easy to see, if you watch this series, how the 1960s Batman was influenced by it, to be an intentional version of what the 1943 version unintentionally was.

I don't think Batman was originally intended to be “campy” or comedic.

Of course, I grew up watching the 1960s version of Batman, as portrayed by Adam West, so that's how I long thought of the character. It was quite a change to see the 1990s version, with Michael Keaton, portraying the character in a much darker, more serious way.

The very first screen appearance of Batman was a 1943 theater serial. It consisted of 15 episodes, averaging around twenty minutes each. The way it was originally presented was when you went to a theater to watch a movie, they'd show you an episode before the main movie. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger, and an exhortation to return to the theater next week to see the next episode.

It was meant to be serious, and somewhat dark, but was made on a very tight budget, and ended up coming across as comedic. It's easy to see, if you watch this series, how the 1960s Batman was influenced by it, to be an intentional version of what the 1943 version unintentionally was.
the early batman in the comics was a vigilante who could care less if he hurt the bad guys....the comic code in the mid 50's ended that.....

I have a friend who has produced several movies and ask him why so many movies are shot in near darkness. There are several artistic reasons. A dark scene makes it easy for a director to focus his audience where he wants to look, say the face of girl being murdered, blood dripping off the vampires teeth, etc. The audience sees nothing to distract them.. Darkness can also set the mood. Also movies shot in the dark tend be scarier that those in full day.

However there are several reason that pertain to cost. The darker the scene the less money has to be spent on set details. Since the camera is seeing less, there is less to go wrong which means less retakes. And dark scene don't benefit much from HD, so there is less cost there.

The problem with movies with many of these dark scenes is that they are made to be watch in a dark auditorium. When watched at home, the room is typical lit which makes it more difficult to see details on the screen and to some extent nullifies the effect of the darkness. This can really be frustrating when watching an old B&W movie that has not been processed for TV. In a night scene there are no shades of gray. So when a car at night is moving down a dark road, all the audience sees in their living room are headlights and black shapes and one character doesn't look much different than other characters.

I have a friend who has produced several movies and ask him why so many movies are shot in near darkness. There are several artistic reasons. A dark scene makes it easy for a director to focus his audience where he wants to look, say the face of girl being murdered, blood dripping off the vampires teeth, etc. The audience sees nothing to distract them.. Darkness can also set the mood. Also movies shot in the dark tend be scarier that those in full day.

However there are several reason that pertain to cost. The darker the scene the less money has to be spent on set details. Since the camera is seeing less, there is less to go wrong which means less retakes. And dark scene don't benefit much from HD, so there is less cost there.

The problem with movies with many of these dark scenes is that they are made to be watch in a dark auditorium. When watched at home, the room is typical lit which makes it more difficult to see details on the screen and to some extent nullifies the effect of the darkness. This can really be frustrating when watching an old B&W movie that has not been processed for TV. In a night scene there are no shades of gray. So when a car at night is moving down a dark road, all the audience sees in their living room are headlights and black shapes and one character doesn't look much different than other characters.
you should still be able to see whats going on regardless .....and sometimes that just isnt the case....

you should still be able to see whats going on regardless .....and sometimes that just isnt the case....
If you can't see what's going on in a dark auditorium, I would say the production company is cutting cost on sets. You don't need spend much money on sets when the background and foreground is black and the middle round is the central characters supplemented by CGI.

Are you guys talking about the new batman movie?

The one that has the '63 Corvette split-window coupe that Bruce Wayne drives?

1963-Corvette-Coupe-From-The-Batman-001.jpg

1963-Corvette-Coupe-From-The-Batman-003.jpg

I was gonna watch it just for that aone, but the trailer looked dumb.

Nice car but I’d rather have the 1967 version without the split window but with a 427 4-speed.

Couldn't see it ... the movie was too damn dark!

What democrats don’t understand, Americans want to see nationalist movies. Not this Visual crap, with Minority sprinkled in. We are America, we have a identity.. that’s what made Batman great was he was an American superhero.

i saw it.....i thought it was pretty good, it portrayed batman the way he really was ....on the verge of being a psychopath ...and its the first movie were he uses his detective skills....it was him in his early days....

Emo Batman.

Hard pass.
100% agree.
Pattinson put on 20 lbs for the role - but still only weighed 175 pounds and a 31" waste. He has a fly weight body trying to play the role of a welter weight.
I love Dark Knight... but the fact Bruce Wayne was a small, thin man that somehow turned into a muscle bound dude 4 inches taller as Batman took imaginative effort.
They pushed that envelope even further with putting in an Emo kid. You will notice before the movie came out, there were a number of photoshopped "leaked" images of him looking all manly.

Forum List

Back