Barack Obama Killed Osama Bin Laden. Period.

Warrior, the one constant in all this is the word "team" if one were to read the facts on this operation they would soon find out that this operation involved many people from the CIA to the JSOC ( Joint Special Operations Command), USAF, etc. over a long period of time all the way up to the White House. However the one constant is "team", ironic that a Seal "Team" would in the end be the warriors that carry the operation out. While I have said over and over again, that the President deserves due credit for making what was I am sure a very hard decision for making that decision to proceed with this operation. To highlight that at the expense of ALL those involved is insulting to those young warriors as well as all those invloved. While I have no problem at all with the President getting his due for having the where with all to proceed into a sovereign nation, putting at risk those warriors at the tip of the spear, in the end it was those same warriors who were the mechanism by which the operation would succeed or fail and as such it was their lives on the line and they are the hero's here and that word should be reserved for them.

I'm 100% with you and agree with all you have written here about the subject. Credit where credit is due, obama did give the go-ahead for the mission. But as you have observed, the little guys are the heroes. They are the men whose lives were on the line, down range in the line of fire. The teamwork that goes into a military operation of this nature is the key to success.
What I find absolutely repulsive in this entire charade is the fact that the CinC puffs out his scrawny chest and struts about like some barnyard fowl, preening himself as a "hero" because he killed bin Laden. He played his position in the team, no more, no less. He and his handlers give no further credit to the guys who go that job done. And the media continues to play along.
I'm not sure what you did in the military, but thank you for your service. (I'm a retired Army 1SG.)

I thought I might toss a name out there for people to give a little "job well done" too.

Adm. McRaven is the ninth commander of United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. USSOCOM ensures the readiness of joint special operations forces and, as directed, conducts operations worldwide.

McRaven served from June 2008 to June 2011 as the 11th commander of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) headquartered at Fort Bragg, N.C. JSOC is charged to study special operations requirements and techniques, ensure interoperability and equipment standardization, plan and conduct special operations exercises and training, and develop joint special operations tactics.
US Navy Biographies - ADMIRAL WILLIAM H. MCRAVEN

Don't get me wrong I have the highest respect for the President it goes with the territory I suppose. " laughs*. I'll try to explain that one, as an old A-6 B/N you tend to look at the man in the White House not as a person but more as the top of the chain of command. As such he and as I tell my daughter "she" is entitled to the utmost respect. That does not mean I have to nor do I always agree with him on a political level. That said I have thought since this operation was announced that it is always more dignified to hold the position that the warriors need to be honored here and any credit due from the CIC's part should be more humble. As I have said several times here however, I won't be dismissive enough to say that the President had nothing to do with it at all as well as he was part of the team and every team member deserves praise for this, but I tend to praise those at the end of the spear a little more than those throwing it.

Thank you 1SGT for your service to this nation you have mine and my families utmost respect and admiration for your dedication and honorable service to this nation. As I said up there, I'm just and old broken down (retired) B/N, they put me out to pasture when they retired the A-6 both of us are now baking in the desert. *laughs*

Did you pilot the Intruder off the CV's?
Or did you maintain them.

This is the guy that made the call to kill Bin Laden.

"William Harry "Bill" McRaven (born November 6, 1955) is a United States Navy four-star admiral who currently serves as ninth Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command."

He is the one who's butt was on the line if the Bin Laden killing went wrong. And he deserves the credit.

Last edited:

"William Harry "Bill" McRaven (born November 6, 1955) is a United States Navy four-star admiral who currently serves as ninth Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command."

He is the one who's butt was on the line if the Bin Laden killing went wrong. And he deserves the credit.

Orly? And who gave him his marching orders.

So Obama killed US Border Guard Brian Terry too then.

Right?

Brian-Terry.jpg

Any forensics to back that up?

But he would likely be the last to take credit for the success. He would likely give that credit to his subordinates...as any great leader would do.

McRaven was the big O's fire-wall, he was relentless in his pursuit, accomplished the mission. Did he need input on how to execute the objective from the bog O, hell no! Jop well done is due to the Admiral and his crew!

But he would likely be the last to take credit for the success. He would likely give that credit to his subordinates...as any great leader would do.

And as he repeatedly did. Or, as Jon Stewart said, Obama thanked everybody Harvey Feinstein. And he had the video to prove it. The problem is, the neocons don't want to give him ANY credit whatsoever.

And as he repeatedly did. Or, as Jon Stewart said, Obama thanked everybody Harvey Feinstein. And he had the video to prove it. The problem is, the neocons don't want to give him ANY credit whatsoever.

I think you missed the point.
Yes, he gave credit to others...and those others moved on....not mentioning it...not askling for thanks.....another successful mission and time to move on.
Obama is still talking about it as one of HIS accomplishments.

I cant helkp it if you dont see it...and I understand why you dont. Not criticizing you...but as you seek positives in Obama, I take notice of the negatives.

Take John McCain for example. He does not talk about his heroism...sure...the media did when he was campaigning...but to him? He simply did what he was supposed to do. Nothing special there in his eyes. It was not worthy of discussion.

True heros dont need people to recognize them as heros.

What makes a hero is not what they do...it is how they deal with the aftermath.

So, not a single solitary Conservative gave Obama any credit at all, ever, on giving the go ahead. Not even in this thread?

SEAL TEAM 6 killed Bin Laden, not Obama. He did not pull the trigger, so the thread title is a lie. Color me surprised... not.

He only did not pull the trigger but they had to call him off the golf course to make the OK. while our brave men were risking their lives .Yeah he is really in touch..

Obama was playing golf until 20 minutes before Navy SEAL Osama Bin Laden mission | Mail Online

I dislike Obama policy and so on as much as the next conservative, but I am not going to rag on him for being on a golf course and getting the call. he could just as easily have been on the can, or snoggin the missus.

BTW, don't you all just love how certain libtards claim no conservatives want to or do give Obama any credit at all in this, and when they are show examples of conservatives giving credit for the decision at least, they suddenly disappear?

I think you missed the point.
Yes, he gave credit to others...and those others moved on....not mentioning it...not askling for thanks.....another successful mission and time to move on.
Obama is still talking about it as one of HIS accomplishments.

I cant helkp it if you dont see it...and I understand why you dont. Not criticizing you...but as you seek positives in Obama, I take notice of the negatives.

Take John McCain for example. He does not talk about his heroism...sure...the media did when he was campaigning...but to him? He simply did what he was supposed to do. Nothing special there in his eyes. It was not worthy of discussion.

True heros dont need people to recognize them as heros.

What makes a hero is not what they do...it is how they deal with the aftermath.

When was the last time McCain gave a speech and said something like 'You know, when I was being tortured for my country...'???

Forum List

Back