Background Checks

A background check is as good a tool for predicting future behavior as an astrology reading.

They are a waste of time and money.

I support background checks, but good luck with using them to stop 90% of the genocide within our inner-cities.
yeah it's not going to happen......people will find some way to kill.....it's how we got military tech.....just on a larger scale.....we just need to make examples of people and show them what happens and make it gruesome......it seems to work in ...muslim countries (when you have a good idea, I'm all ears!)

Are you talking about Obama bucs90?

Not on this thread. But, I dont deny many people, of all political beliefs, have politicized the deaths of cops and soldiers. It is disgusting each and every time. And two wrongs dont make a right.

This thread was started by an idiot trying to use the death of a brave cop to politicize his gun agenda.

Are you talking about Obama bucs90?

Not on this thread. But, I dont deny many people, of all political beliefs, have politicized the deaths of cops and soldiers. It is disgusting each and every time. And two wrongs dont make a right.

This thread was started by an idiot trying to use the death of a brave cop to politicize his gun agenda.

Why?

I keep hearing this tripe but for the life of me I can’t understand why. So far it seems that anytime someone disagrees with a viewpoint that points out how it relates to tragedies – it is suddenly ‘disgusting’ to do so.

It was ‘disgusting’ that the NRA was making speeches about Sandy Hook though the left seemed to think that it was all fine and dandy to use that same tragedy to push gun control. The right was fine with the NRA but the left was doing something horrible when they pushed gun control with it.

Simply put, I think that the charge of ‘using’ a tragedy to progress a political point is asinine. What do you expect? We ignore these things? Should I not talk about these tragedies when there is significant legislation that directly involves those situations? Do they not have a direct impact on these things? The truth is that the above clime is just a quick way to shut down dissent and claiming it is simply wrong.

DISCLAIMER: this is separate from those that use a tragedy to push radical lies or other insanities. Examples would be the 9/11 truthers or the people that are claiming Sandy Hook was some sort of advances conspiracy and never happened. That is a different story.

A background check is as good a tool for predicting future behavior as an astrology reading.

Really? They are a waste of time and money, and as good a tool for predicting future behavior as astrology?

Quick question......................why does the military use background checks for people they're going to trust with secret information?

Every one who joins the military goes through a minimum background check called a NAC (National Agency Check). If you want to go higher than Classified, then you've got to go through a very thorough background check to get a Secret or higher classification.

And........................if you are in one of those jobs that require a thorough check, depending on your job and security classification, you're gonna go through it once a year.

Go ahead................tell me how much of a "waste" background checks are.

As a matter of fact, one of the things they check in your background check for the military is your credit rating.

But..................keep trying if it makes you feel better.

Really? They are a waste of time and money, and as good a tool for predicting future behavior as astrology?

Quick question......................why does the military use background checks for people they're going to trust with secret information?

Every one who joins the military goes through a minimum background check called a NAC (National Agency Check). If you want to go higher than Classified, then you've got to go through a very thorough background check to get a Secret or higher classification.

And........................if you are in one of those jobs that require a thorough check, depending on your job and security classification, you're gonna go through it once a year.

Go ahead................tell me how much of a "waste" background checks are.

As a matter of fact, one of the things they check in your background check for the military is your credit rating.

But..................keep trying if it makes you feel better.

Does the word "irrelevant" exist in your vocabulary?

It is absurd to believe you can enact a law that will prevent people from breaking the law.
Background checks are nothing more than a stepping stone to universal gun registration.

Do you oppose background checks? What would stop crimnials from purchasing a gun in a gun shop without a background check?
False premise - that a law can stop someone from breakling the law.

The law against criminal posession of a firearm is not desunged to, not ever intended to prevent criminals from getting guns -- it is there as a means to prosecute/punish them if they do.

Apples / oranges. Feel free to try again.

Forum List

Back