Schlafly: 'Reinstate the House Committee on Un-American Activities'

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Schlafly: 'Reinstate the House Committee on Un-American Activities'

Eagle Forum founder and Joseph McCarthy admirer Phyllis Schlafly is using the Boston marathon bombings as an excuse to push for the reinstatement of the notorious House Committee on Un-American Activities.

“It would be useful to reinstate the House Committee on Un-American Activities,” Schlafly wrote in a column yesterday, “so we can have a look at those in our midst who may be jihadists, dupes of violent Muslim indoctrination, or (in old Communist lingo) fellow travelers or useful idiots.”

In her column, which she titled, “Are You American 1st or Muslim 1st?,” Schlafly further argues that while it is okay to be a Christian first and American second, Muslims who put faith first should not be allowed in the country.

YE-eeeesssss!!!!

Please do this.
Please do this.
Please do this.

God and baby Jesus, I pray that you let the most fringe elements of the GOP go forward with this bold new idea.

A little too late there. The commies are firmly in control of the car heading right towards cliffs edge.

Wasn't that the very committee that allowed Senator McCarthy to destroy himself?
I see no harm in bringing the committee back, but instead, why not just replay tapes of the Army McCarthy hearings--over and over?

“It would be useful to reinstate the House Committee on Un-American Activities,” Schlafly wrote in a column yesterday, “so we can have a look at those in our midst who may be jihadists, dupes of violent Muslim indoctrination, or (in old Communist lingo) fellow travelers or useful idiots.”

In her column, which she titled, “Are You American 1st or Muslim 1st?,” Schlafly further argues that while it is okay to be a Christian first and American second, Muslims who put faith first should not be allowed in the country.

At least Schlafly is consistent in her ignorance and hate.

Wasn't that the very committee that allowed Senator McCarthy to destroy himself?
I see no harm in bringing the committee back, but instead, why not just replay tapes of the Army McCarthy hearings--over and over?

Yes, but unfortunately he destroyed the lives of countless innocent Americans as well.

We don’t want to experience that horror again.

Phyllis Schlafley? Damn, I just lost another imaginary $100 'dead or alive?' bet.

She's the super-twit who actually stood up and said before every speech, "I want to thank my husband for letting me be here".

Yes, please GOP, embrace her and hold her on high. Women voters everywhere will harpoon you for the bunch of idiots that you have truly become.....Hand me the popcorn, please.

actually no -

McCarthy's hearings are often incorrectly conflated with the hearings of the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC). HUAC is best known for the investigation of Alger Hiss and for its investigation of the Hollywood film industry, which led to the blacklisting of hundreds of actors, writers, and directors. HUAC was a House committee, and as such had no formal connection with McCarthy, who served in the Senate, although the existence of the House Un-American Activities Committee thrived in part as a result of McCarthy's activities. HUAC was active for 29 years.
Joseph McCarthy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree, but that wouldn't help the people hate McCarthy. Anyone whose actually read the transcripts of the McCarthy hearings knows the witnesses thoroughly incriminated and embarrassed themselves.

Poor Phyllis. So upset at finding out her son is gay, she nearly retired from political activism. She said, "But we did everything right".

Phyllis, just as batshit crazy as ever.

And? Frankly I had forgotten all about her. So have most people. Who cares what she thinks?
But on the topic, why not? Why not investigate every anti American thing coming out of this administration and the Democratic Party? We know the WH is inundated with people with ties to Muslim terrorist orgs. We know the Democratic Party makes common cause with Islamic terror, excusing it at every turn. What is the harm in exposing all this?

Phyllis, just as batshit crazy as ever.

And? Frankly I had forgotten all about her. So have most people. Who cares what she thinks?
But on the topic, why not? Why not investigate every anti American thing coming out of this administration and the Democratic Party? We know the WH is inundated with people with ties to Muslim terrorist orgs. We know the Democratic Party makes common cause with Islamic terror, excusing it at every turn. What is the harm in exposing all this?
Bush, Jr., as you know, was and is very close to the Saudi family.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKacGTJ6-W4]George W. Bush - "WE ARE NOT AT WAR AGAINST ISLAM / MUSLIMS" - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back