Authoritarianism Again Arises

Surrendering to the State the power to kill its citizens in cold blood, or politicians and bureaucrats seizing control of wombs, may be the most egregious examples of rabid, creeping statism, but those who are hellbent upon ceding our freedoms to Big Mother are intent upon pervasive State control.

Currently, a large majority of countries have either abolished or discontinued the primitive practice of capital punishment, but pariah nations - China, Iran, North Korea, Yemen and United States - persist in snuffing out the lives of the poor who are convicted of capital offenses. The State - whose power over life and death is absolute - is infallible!

States goose-stepping toward totalitarianism dictate to local communities in public health matters, suppress the free speech of free market entities and educators, ban books, and strive to give absolute authority over personal, private matters such as reproduction to impersonal, faceless state lackeys.

Typically, democratic elections are not respected, and even trashed, by autocratic despots, of course.

The autocratic metastasis spreads, but is encountering resistance, both patriotic and practical:

FASCISM: a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy, typically facilitated by a cult of personality.

You're the guy who wants the government to deny unvaccinated people life-saving medical procedures like transplants, etc., right? That's you, right?

Surrendering to the State the power to kill its citizens in cold blood, or politicians and bureaucrats seizing control of wombs, may be the most egregious examples of rabid, creeping statism, but those who are hellbent upon ceding our freedoms to Big Mother are intent upon pervasive State control.

Currently, a large majority of countries have either abolished or discontinued the primitive practice of capital punishment, but pariah nations - China, Iran, North Korea, Yemen and United States - persist in snuffing out the lives of the poor who are convicted of capital offenses. The State - whose power over life and death is absolute - is infallible!

So what about the lives of innocent people that were snuffed out by these so-called poor? 19,400 people murdered in the United States in 2021 and it's growing.

Put them in a place that serves them three square meals a day plus snacks, a workout room, a field outside to play sports on, a pool room, limited internet and cable television? Yeah, that will teach them and others who wish to follow in their footsteps.

You deflected away from my point. Period.
No. He replied to it. Your claim is that anti-abortion laws are “authoritarian” efforts to dictate what women can do and can’t do when they are carrying a child inside them. The counter argument is that your claim was false. It isn’t designed to control women but is instead designed to protect human life.

Last edited:
No. He replied to it. Your claim is that anti-abortion laws are “authoritarian” efforts to dictate what women can do and can’t do when they are carrying a child inside them. The counter argument is that you claim was false. It isn’t designed to control women but is instead designed to protect human life.
Asking me if i wanted to be aborted wasnt a reply. he is trying to appeal to emotion. That doesnt work with me.
Forced gestation is authoritarian. Period.

Asking me if i wanted to be aborted wasnt a reply. he is trying to appeal to emotion. That doesnt work with me.
Forced gestation is authoritarian. Period.
I don’t think any preborn is ever asked if they’d mind being denied the right to be born. “Forced gestation” is a dubious term, anyway. But denying anybody the alleged “right” to snuff-out a human life is very much what is really at issue.

That said, as much as I am concerned for the right to life of the preborn child, I also have to acknowledge that anti-abortion laws do impact on women and their own rights. Therefore, I have come to realize that my views are somewhat inconsistent. I do not support an anti-abortion law that would never allow for an abortion. Any anti-abortion law would need to make exceptions: Obviously for the life or for a genuine risk of danger to the health of the mother; or in the cases of multiple fetuses where both will die if one isn’t terminated; but I think also in the cases of pregnant children, cases of rape and cases of incest.

Fascists always believe they're "doing something right", of course in dictating to individuals, businesses, local communities, educators, scientists, public health professionals, etc., etc. etc.

One critical area in which conservatives take violent exception to the authoritarians is the free market.

State impositions upon that sector are anathema to laissez faire economics.

Death dictators - China, Iran, North Korea, Yemen and United States - by the company you keep.

States goose-stepping toward totalitarianism dictate to local communities in public health matters, suppress the free speech of free market entities and educators, ban books, and strive to give absolute authority over personal, private matters such as reproduction to impersonal, faceless state lackeys.

Typically, democratic elections are not respected, and even trashed, by autocratic despots, of course.

The autocratic metastasis spreads, but is encountering resistance, both patriotic and practical:

FASCISM: a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy, typically facilitated by a cult of personality.
Spot on.

I don’t think any preborn is ever asked if they’d mind being denied the right to be born. “Forced gestation” is a dubious term, anyway. But denying anybody the alleged “right” to snuff-out a human life is very much what is really at issue.

That said, as much as I am concerned for the right to life of the preborn child, I also have to acknowledge that anti-abortion laws do impact on women and their own rights. Therefore, I have come to realize that my views are somewhat inconsistent. I do not support an anti-abortion law that would never allow for an abortion. Any anti-abortion law would need to make exceptions: Obviously for the life or for a genuine risk of danger to the health of the mother; or in the cases of multiple fetuses where both will die if one isn’t terminated; but I think also in the cases of pregnant children, cases of rape and cases of incest.
I think thats fair. And i completely understand the other side of this issue. I really do. Personally, i think abortion is disgusting. But the state forcing someone to go through that against their will is worse.

I think thats fair. And i completely understand the other side of this issue. I really do. Personally, i think abortion is disgusting. But the state forcing someone to go through that against their will is worse.
By the same token, even a large number of lefty lawyers agree that Roe is bad law.

Should be left to the states.

Their goon attack on Congress was a wake-up call for democracy.

Let's keep an eye on these characters.

Tennessee Republican says he would ‘burn’ books
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.26.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.31.42 PM.png

Forum List

Back