Australia Moves to Require Social Media to Release Identification of Users

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Australia went to full fascist mode in just a few years. Step one: grab the guns and within two years police kick down your door for having your parents over for a birthday party and now going after anyone they donā€™t like posting on the internet.

This is in the guise of going after ā€˜trollsā€™.

Like saying the ChiCom Flu is manmade and vaccines donā€™t keep you from catching it.

Australia went to full fascist mode in just a few years. Step one: grab the guns and within two years police kick down your door for having your parents over for a birthday party and now going after anyone they donā€™t like posting on the internet.

This is in the guise of going after ā€˜trollsā€™.

Like saying the ChiCom Flu is manmade and vaccines donā€™t keep you from catching it.

People online making death threats to social media users.
Trolls online hiding, telling kids to go hang themselves etc. Bullying and harassment online are rife.
Trolls, or just people online not liking what someone says, believes, or who they are...attack them in the most vile ways.
It's very bad, people's lives are being ruined.

Unmask the trolls? In my mind it's all fair enough.

bambu has thick skin like a crocodile...not everyone is like that, ...especially women, children, and 'soft and gentle' men with 'feelings'.

There are laws in Australia, as there are laws in America etc.
There are defamation laws.
Inciting people to commit suicide is against the law.
Verbally abusing people can be against the law...depending on what words are used...and what if any threats are made.

"Never write anything online you wouldn't be able to defend in a court of law" is very good advice.

Last edited:
"It's just vile": Erin Molan reveals what moment broke her | OverSixty

"It's just vile": Erin Molan reveals what moment broke her

Nine sports presenter Erin Molan has shared the terrifying moment she believed an online troll was breaking into her home to attack her unborn daughter after days of brutal online abuse on social media.
She broke down in tears recalling the event with 60 Minutes after detailing the abusive messages she was sent in the days before that moment.
She started the interview admitting she has put up with online abuse for years from rugby league sites.
ā€œEvery single one was either that I was a woman, that I was ugly, that I looked like a s**t, that Iā€™d never played the game, that I belong in the kitchen,ā€ she said.

One certain thing she wouldn't accept was a message sent while she was pregnant with her daughter.

ā€œI WISH YOU A F**KING STILL BORN, AND YOU DIE IN THE PROCESS. HIP HIP HOORAY,ā€ the vile message read.

She said the horrific message ā€œreally hurtā€ and took her to some ā€œpretty dark placesā€, particularly given what had happened to her sister.
ā€œI have an older sister who had a stillbirth, carried a beautiful little girl to full term, Emily,ā€ she said.
ā€œAnd to watch her bury her child and stand up with a little coffin and say, mummy loves you and sheā€™s so sorry.

#####

Had enough of trolls...can't be treating women/anyone like that...so the new laws were passed.
They picked on the wrong girl...

Major General Andrew James Molan, AO, DSC is an Australian politician and former major general in the Australian Army. He has been a Senator for New South Wales since November 2019.

Finally the trolls made their big mistake.

Forum List

Back