Attkisson: Why Obstruction & 'Cover-Up' Claims Smack Of Desperation

Osiris-ODS

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2019
Well, well...interesting perspective from an investigative reporter for CNN/PBS/CBS/The Hill...

Authored by Sharyl Attkisson, op-ed via The Hill,

This cloud of supposed collusion, a crime that never happened, hung over Trump month after month until it dragged on for years. For someone who’s innocent, it would obviously begin to look like the fix was in.

Trump’s alleged conversations about trying to switch out Mueller, as documented in interviews with the special counsel, could fairly be interpreted as attempts to seek justice, not to obstruct it.

The story would be entirely different, of course, if Trump had turned out to be Putin’s agent — and for two years, I and many others fully suspected that could be the outcome of the Mueller probe, based on all the leaks and reporting. But it wasn’t the case.

Those who think Trump is unfit for office, or who otherwise oppose him, might carry more weight if they publicly acknowledge that they chased their tails for two years and, when they finally snagged it, realized they hadn’t captured the enemy. Then, they could more credibly move forward to another focus, such as targeting the Trump policies they find objectionable.

In the end, Trump wasn’t the liar on this major point; instead, his critics were the ones who were sorely mistaken. They accused the president of the worst sort of treachery but, according to Mueller, Trump was telling the truth all along when he said there was no collusion with Russia.

I’m no political expert but, to me as an Average Joe, the continued focus on supposed obstruction of a crime that wasn’t committed simply smacks of desperation.

Why obstruction and cover-up charges smack of desperation

Edited to comply with copyright.
OP's should be 3-4 paragraphs, a link, and a comment.

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

Osiris-ODS

Last edited by a moderator:
Attkisson, very obviously, has not spent the time, to actually read the Mueller report imo, before she made those Barr/Trump-esque comments about it. Thus, the rest of her opinion piece, is not worthy of reading or worthy of taking as facts of any kind...she's gotten lazy and lost her journalistic skills... by making comment about something she clearly never read.... even as an opinion piece... opinions should at least be opinions about the actual evidence or actually facts known or ascertained imo.

Attkisson, very obviously, has not spent the time, to actually read the Mueller report imo, before she made those Barr/Trump-esque comments about it. Thus, the rest of her opinion piece, is not worthy of reading or worthy of taking as facts of any kind...she's gotten lazy and lost her journalistic skills... by making comment about something she clearly never read.... even as an opinion piece... opinions should at least be opinions about the actual evidence or actually facts known or ascertained imo.

Why dont you cut-paste the most obvious Crime with supporting evidence? Not some he-said malarkey. What is the Crime?

If you can't do that (never have posted one piece) post a good juicy section that makes Trump look bad. I've never seen one meaningful excerpt from 3 years of secret snooping and investigation(s).

This is the 1000th request to you. You talk alot about "we should read this storybook" but apperantley......you have not read it or there is no there there or I would hear about it.

Last edited:
Just noticed that iceberg previously posted a thread with this story. I looked before posting this, but I overlooked that one. My apologies mods--feel free to delete.

Forum List

Back