Why Trump’s big Wall Street payday won’t bail him out of financial trouble

Right, it's an illusion. You are not profiting 1800 a week.
/-----/ My shares are up 35% ($12k) today. I added 300 more right before the runup.

/-----/ My shares are up 35% ($12k) today. I added 300 more right before the runup.
/----/ THANK YOU, PRESIDENT TRUMP
My 1,300 shares of DWAC switched to DJT this morning with recognized profit of $42,000 YTD, and my 200 DWACW (Warrants) are now DJTWW with recognized profit of $12,000 YTD. Total $54k Even more if you count 2023.
When released, I can buy 200 share of DJT shares for $11.40 each. I may add more warrants this morning.
THANK YOU, PRESIDENT TRUMP
THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP
1711451094857.png

No one ever questioned Trump's ability to market nearly worthless products using his name. Tell me, what are the projected revenue and earnings for the company that justifies the valuation the stock currently has?

No one ever questioned Trump's ability to market nearly worthless products using his name. Tell me, what are the projected revenue and earnings for the company that justifies the valuation the stock currently has?
/----/ Fair question, and I don't know. But since I monitor my portfolio every day and have text alerts and trailing stop losses set up, I have little concern. If it doesn't pan out, I take my money off the table and move on.

But Trump’s stake will be tied up for much of the year under a so-called lock-up agreement, a normal arrangement for such deals to ensure that insiders don’t bail as soon as a company goes public and push down the stock price.

Trump could try to obtain a waiver from that rule, but even then he wouldn’t be able to sell more than a small fraction of his stake at any given time — up to 1 percent of the outstanding shares every quarter. And if he eventually does unload a large quantity of stock, the ramifications could be significant, according to investors and others watching the deal. That’s because Trump himself is the heart of the venture, they say, and any sign that his interest is waning could chill investors.

“It’s simply trading on Trump’s name,” said Kristi Marvin, founder of SPACInsider, a research firm. “People aren’t buying this because they like the fundamentals — they’re buying this because they like Trump.”

IOW, the $44 valuation is based on thin air. Or perhaps I should say hot air. At $3M in revenue it should be a penny stock.
/-----/ I can't stop laughing at your Lefties.
Donald Trump had a good day yesterday, seeing his bond in the bogus New York civil fraud suit, which was brought by an AG who campaigned on politically targeting Trump and presided over by a leftist judge, reduced from $454 to $175 million. ...On the same day, investors approved a deal to bring Trump’s “Truth Social” platform public by merging it with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) called "Digital World Acqusition Corporation." That SPAC had the ticker DWAC at the time of the merger, and it's changed to DJT as of Tuesday to reflect the new listing.

While it’s “on paper” for now, Trump’s net worth officially doubled yesterday, making him one of the wealthiest 500 people on the planet.

But Trump’s stake will be tied up for much of the year under a so-called lock-up agreement, a normal arrangement for such deals to ensure that insiders don’t bail as soon as a company goes public and push down the stock price.

Trump could try to obtain a waiver from that rule, but even then he wouldn’t be able to sell more than a small fraction of his stake at any given time — up to 1 percent of the outstanding shares every quarter. And if he eventually does unload a large quantity of stock, the ramifications could be significant, according to investors and others watching the deal. That’s because Trump himself is the heart of the venture, they say, and any sign that his interest is waning could chill investors.

“It’s simply trading on Trump’s name,” said Kristi Marvin, founder of SPACInsider, a research firm. “People aren’t buying this because they like the fundamentals — they’re buying this because they like Trump.”

IOW, the $44 valuation is based on thin air. Or perhaps I should say hot air. At $3M in revenue it should be a penny stock.
No, but the courts will. And, it has already happened.

/----/ Fair question, and I don't know. But since I monitor my portfolio every day and have text alerts and trailing stop losses set up, I have little concern. If it doesn't pan out, I take my money off the table and move on.
Do you typically invest in stocks without knowing anything about the underlying company's financials? I'm guessing you don't. But you made an exception this time because..........Trump.

I suspect you are not alone. So when the hysteria ends and people realize they have bought an empty shell of a company with Dear Leader's name on it, or when the short sellers take over, well..........you can guess the rest.

Do you typically invest in stocks without knowing anything about the underlying company's financials? I'm guessing you don't. But you made an exception this time because..........Trump.

I suspect you are not alone. So when the hysteria ends and people realize they have bought an empty shell of a company with Dear Leader's name on it, or when the short sellers take over, well..........you can guess the rest.
/—-/ So, if it happens, I’ll be ready to sell. Don’t let emotions rule your investments.

But, the NY fraud case was so thoroughly proven by virtue of irrefutable, pretrial evidence presented by James he was found to have defrauded banks and insurance companies. It's settled based on overwhelming evidence. He only chance for relief is to get the fine reduced.
It will be thrown out on appeal.

If he overvalued his properties and paid more taxes on them doesn't NY now owe him a tax refund

:p:p:p:p:p

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dfccccfc.jpeg

anasjannamanznznz.png

ghhhbnjj.jpeg

DJT is basically a meme stock, a kind of viral sensation that attracts investor interest beyond what the company’s fundamentals would ordinarily suggest. That obviously stems from Trump’s notoriety and the fervent belief some supporters have in his “make America great again” crusade.

The Trump company, which went public through a merger with Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC), a special-purpose vehicle that’s been trading since 2021, has little revenue and lost $41 million during the last two years, according to S&P Capital IQ. Many buyers pushing up the stock price have been individual investors expressing loyalty to Trump himself.

But there’s plenty of anecdotal evidence that other buyers are betting on a bubble and hoping to sell before it pops. The stock “is dropping to $2.50 after the merger,” one investor posted on Reddit’s meme stock channel, WallStreetBets. Another suggested anybody holding the stock for the long haul is a “MAGA bagholder” who will basically end up putting money into Trump’s pocket.

I'd be shorting it if it was not so expensive to do so.

Unless the company issues new equity very soon its 4th Qtr numbers should show it out of cash.

Forum List

Back