What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assault Weapons Ban would be unconstitutional. "A State Militia must be maintained and well regulated"

Lesh

Gold Member
Reaction score
Between the two of us...it is not I who sounds insane
Why? You want central government control of firearms, I think everyone has the right to own and bear arms. You believe in Marxism apparently and that is insane.
I believe it is and should be a LOCAL/STATE issue

Resnic

Reaction score
The United States constitution clearly states that a "States militia must be well regulated and maintained." A weapon of a "States militia" is an assault rifle. Any ban would violate the United States constitution.

I love my guns but you're wrong.

The constitution doesn't say must be armed with assualt weapons, and when it was written we didn't even have rifling in gun barrels.

What constitutes well armed is purely subjective. It could be shotguns and long rifles, or just pistols. Could be anything.

Make no mistake if they can have something bad enough happen where they can scare an assualt weapon ban out of people they will do it and it won't be unconstitutional because we will still have other guns.

Leo123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe it is and should be a LOCAL/STATE issue
Yeah, LOCAL/STATE central government control. You're such a Marxist tool it's so painfully obvious.

Leo123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love my guns but you're wrong.

The constitution doesn't say must be armed with assualt weapons, and when it was written we didn't even have rifling in gun barrels.

What constitutes well armed is purely subjective. It could be shotguns and long rifles, or just pistols. Could be anything.

Make no mistake if they can have something bad enough happen where they can scare an assualt weapon ban out of people they will do it and it won't be unconstitutional because we will still have other guns.
There is no such thing as an 'assault weapon' designation. As we have been discussing here, ANYTHING can be an assault weapon. We need to question Marxist terminology in the first place. We let it go and the predominately leftist media spread the propaganda. It is very useful to remind the gun-phobia crowd that guns are actually inanimate objects.

BlindBoo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Second Amendment does not require any specific "organization" of The Militia.
At the time the Constitution already defined the organization and training requirements of the States Militia's to Congress while leaving up the work of training and setting up the Militia to the Governors of each state. All citizen were expected to participate.
Amendment II.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

US Constitution,
Article 1 Section 8

"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;"

As a side note, they didn't provide the citizen soldiers with personal weapons, they were expected to provide them themselves.

Leo123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
But they are regulated in a way that makes them exceedingly rare. We should probably do that for assault weapons at least huh?
Exceeding rare for law abiding citizens....Criminals don't care much. You can bet the Cartels have plenty auto firing weapons.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$400.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List