Assault Weapons Ban would be unconstitutional. "A State Militia must be maintained and well regulated"

The 2A bans any federal action related to the use/sale/manufacture of arms. That's it.

You can throw around all the bullshit you want, but that is a fact.

Scalia was too chickenshit to state what he knew at the time -- The 1934 NFA and everything since is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!
Well that's one man's crazy opinion. Thanks for that

not the unorganized militia.
The Second Amendment does not require any specific "organization" of The Militia.

The Chicago Outfit, Vice Lords, La Cosa Nostra and other ORGANIZED crime networks are not allowed to deny or revoke the Rights of individual citizens to possess and carry Firearms and other weapons.

The Second Amendment does not require any specific "organization" of The Militia.
At the time the Constitution already defined the organization and training requirements of the States Militia's to Congress while leaving up the work of training and setting up the Militia to the Governors of each state. All citizen were expected to participate.

At the time the Constitution already defined the organization and training requirements of the States Militia's to Congress while leaving up the work of training and setting up the Militia to the Governors of each state. All citizen were expected to participate.
Amendment II.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment II.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Without the right for individuals to own and bear arms, there can be no militia.

Amendment II.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary
Not so necessary now huh...

Thew real question is, is there a need for a militia?
Maybe not but, there is a need for the 2nd amendment. The People have to right to own, fire and bear guns. Just like they have the right to own knives, shovels, hatchets, axes or anything else they need to protect themselves, get jobs done and put food on the table.

The United States constitution clearly states that a "States militia must be well regulated and maintained." A weapon of a "States militia" is an assault rifle. Any ban would violate the United States constitution.

I love your post, but be careful not to accidentally fall into the trap of using Liberal phrases. "Assault Weapons". There is no such thing. When you strip away the aesthetics of a gun, underneath its just a barrel and a trigger and a couple of other parts. Using the word "assault" gives it a character or a human trait that it does not have,

That makes no sense
Why not? Militia can be defined as a government controlled military force. OR a group of citizens who are armed and familiar with firearms. Frankly, I want to own guns and couldn't care less to belong to a so-called 'Militia.' I would join a posse to go after a criminal Marxist perp though.

I love your post, but be careful not to accidentally fall into the trap of using Liberal phrases. "Assault Weapons". There is no such thing. When you strip away the aesthetics of a gun, underneath its just a barrel and a trigger and a couple of other parts. Using the word "assault" gives it a character or a human trait that it does not have,
We have to change that definition, it is being used to take away our guns. Marxists always change word meanings. Once they declare all guns as 'assault weapons" they will come after your knives. Remember leftists control the media and therefore control the propaganda.

That makes no sense
Why not? Militia can be defined as a government controlled military force. OR a group of citizens who are armed and familiar with firearms. Frankly, I want to own guns and couldn't care less to belong to a so-called 'Militia.' I would join a posse to go after a criminal Marxist perp though.
Yea you sound like someone who should have LOTS of deadly weapons

We have to change that definition, it is being used to take away our guns. Marxists always change word meanings. Once they declare all guns as 'assault weapons" they will come after your knives. Remember leftists control the media and therefore control the propaganda.

Exactly right!

Between the two of us...it is not I who sounds insane
Why? You want central government control of firearms, I think everyone has the right to own and bear arms. You believe in Marxism apparently and that is insane.

Forum List

Back