Ass surgery!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Had to have minor surgery on my upper buttocks (tailbone area) yesterday for an infected cyst (pilonidal cyst).

Doctor cut me open, removed what he could and then they leave the wound open for drainage and proper healing! Needless to say, I'm having a bit of trouble sitting and lying down. When he was done, he corked shut the incision with some gauze pad. My Mom and wife had to change the dressing last night and remove/replace the gauze. The gauze had to be at least a foot long. Each and every little piece being pulled out hurt like nothing I've ever felt before. I then had to soak in a tub afterwards which almost hurt as bad.

Seems like the bleeding has subsided mostly today but it's still sore as hell.

Anyone wanna see a pic of my ass? :eek2:

jimnyc said:
Had to have minor surgery on my upper buttocks (tailbone area) yesterday for an infected cyst (pilonidal cyst).

Doctor cut me open, removed what he could and then they leave the wound open for drainage and proper healing! Needless to say, I'm having a bit of trouble sitting and lying down. When he was done, he corked shut the incision with some gauze pad. My Mom and wife had to change the dressing last night and remove/replace the gauze. The gauze had to be at least a foot long. Each and every little piece being pulled out hurt like nothing I've ever felt before. I then had to soak in a tub afterwards which almost hurt as bad.

dude, that sounds PAINFUL!

Ouch,jim! I hope you have a speedy recovery!...Oh and bring on the pics of your ass!!!!!! :crutch: :moon4:

Trust me - you don't want to see his ass - it wasn't a pretty sight!! Hope you're feeling better Jim!

Joan said:
Trust me - you don't want to see his ass - it wasn't a pretty sight!! Hope you're feeling better Jim!

Hope you are feeling better too, Jim! I second your Mom's assessment on pics! :teeth:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Stinks, don't it Jim - but hey, could have been worse, you could have had stitches put in and had one that infected like I did.

Do you have your little donut to carry around like a PUTZ!!!! Pictures??? who wants to see your HAIRY ASS!!!! :eek2:

jimnyc said:

I had something similar behind my knee cap of all places. No one at the hospital told me the gauze had to be removed (even if they did, I was so buzzed from the shot of demerol I probably wouldn't have remembered anyway). I was so worried about it, I pulled it out myself a few days later - gross. Ever seen the movie "How to get ahead in advertising without really trying"? Atleast yours doesn't talk.:D

Kidding aside, I hope you feel better soon.

Said1 said:
I had something similar behind my knee cap of all places. No one at the hospital told me the gauze had to be removed (even if they did, I was so buzzed from the shot of demerol I probably wouldn't have remembered anyway). I was so worried about it, I pulled it out myself a few days later - gross. Ever seen the movie "How to get ahead in advertising without really trying"? Atleast yours doesn't talk.:D

Kidding aside, I hope you feel better soon.

Hey, is that the same as Osgood Slaughter's disease? I had a cyst on my kneecap as a kid. Everytime the nun's made me kneel when I was a kid, I passed out, until it was removed! (between church and their idea of punishment, this happened with regularity!) :shocked:

Kathianne said:
Hey, is that the same as Osgood Slaughter's disease? I had a cyst on my kneecap as a kid. Everytime the nun's made me kneel when I was a kid, I passed out, until it was removed! (between church and their idea of punishment, this happened with regularity!) :shocked:

Nuns, gotta love the old bags. I went to Catholic school too, there was only one nun teaching, and I never had the pleasure of being taught by her. I did hear that she was really a witch, but there was never enough proof.

I don't know what it was exactly (other than a painful lump). My only hope is that I never have to do that gauze thing again.

Said1 said:
Nuns, gotta love the old bags. I went to Catholic school too, there was only one nun teaching, and I never had the pleasure of being taught by her. I did hear that she was really a witch, but there was never enough proof.

I don't know what it was exactly (other than a painful lump). My only hope is that I never have to do that gauze thing again.

The nuns were a piece of work. Early years were with the Sisters of St. Agnes, which with the exception of one, were as bad as that sounds. One, she had to be 80 if a day, had to be carried down the stairs during fire drills! :wtf: She was not affectionatly known as the 'hitting nun'. She slapped me I don't know how many times, and I was a selective mute! LOL Because of her, I purposely failed a math placement test, she is personally responsible for my now retarded math ability. When I heard in church she died, I must have been in college, I silently clapped and my mother slapped my hands! Brought back nasty memories. :terror:

MtnBiker said:
Hey Jim when are we going Mountain Biking? Just kidding. :D

Holy hell man that sounds rough, hope you heal up quick.

Ok, this brings on a story by yours truly. Actually it's my dad's story, which he would pitch a fit if he knew I was telling. :slap: After he was injured at Omaha Beach, he was sent to England, having refused to allow a medic to remove his hand. Luckily for him, a neurosurgeon, decided to 'relax' pulling scrapnel out of his hand, back, and ass. From what my dad remembers, which is sketchy, this went on for a few days. When he thought he had gotten most of it out of his hand, he took him into surgery and 'wired' his fingers, reconnected nerves as well as he could and sewed up his back and butt.

To the best of his knowledge, he had about 120 stitches in his ass. In the next bed was a 'flyer', who couldn't wait to get back to flying, my dad, hero that he was, couldn't wait to get back to the states. The doctors were saying the flyer was too hurt. He also had surgery and over 100 stitches in legs, butt, and back. The two of them must have made enough of a recovery, for they 'borrowed' a tandem bike to go to a pub. After too many beers, which were 'on the house,' they rode the bike back to the hospital. They must have been 'feeling no pain' for they both were bleeding profusely! They'd opened all the stitches in their behinds! The docs didn't have the heart to write up reprimands, but did sew them up-my dad had pulled out the wire on his little finger and ring finger-to this day they are useless. He has no feeling in the rest of his hand, but he can write and do things, just cuts himself alot and doesn't know it, til he sees the blood dripping. The flyer was returned to duty, earned quite a few medals, and still keeps in touch, though neither of them drink anymore!

jimnyc said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You never realize how your whole body works together until something like this. I'm sure even breathing at times made it hurt. So sorry. But at least you can put it behind you!! And I like hairy asses.

Just to straighten Sir Evil's foul mind out a bit - I did not see Jim's entire ass! He does have some sense of decency - and was fully clothed except for the site of the incision - so now shut up - but I must say he has a cute little tush! Pulling out that gauze made me feel almost as bad as the time when he got mad at me at around 3 and said "and I'm not your Precious anymore". Hope you're feeling a lot better today Jim.

Joan said:
Just to straighten Sir Evil's foul mind out a bit - I did not see Jim's entire ass! He does have some sense of decency - and was fully clothed except for the site of the incision - so now shut up - but I must say he has a cute little tush! Pulling out that gauze made me feel almost as bad as the time when he got mad at me at around 3 and said "and I'm not your Precious anymore". Hope you're feeling a lot better today Jim.

you got in trouble you got in trouble!
:banana:

jimnyc said:

I feel for you brother. I had the exact surgery several years ago. When they change the gauze it feels liks someone has doused your ass with gasoline and lit a match. I will pass on the ass pic though. Speedy recovery.

Forum List

Back