Arms Race ~ Bring it On OMG

I think Putin and Trump both agree that they each need to upgrade their own nuclear capabilities.

These are also great job creators.

Too bad it is effectively money wasted, unlike a dam or canal or bridge or road or viaduct etc.

Too bad, but otherwise unavoidable.

When Einstein, FDR, Graves, and Oppenheimer set out to create nuclear weapons and Fuchs sold these secrets to the Russians the race was forever on.

These weapons had saved hundreds of thousands of American lives back in 1945 but have cost us a fortune ever since.

We should agree to modernize but reduce the quantities

Have smaller number of high quality, high capacity weapons that have a high probability of hitting their target

High capacity weapons in low numbers makes a First Strike more attractive.

And we have reduced stop piles.

No reason not to reduce more.

Quantities used to be based on a formula of what percent probability you want to hit each target. That meant you had to stockpile multiple nukes for each target

That is no longer necessary

Actually that is a reason to not reduce more.

If you make the numbers small enough, a successful First Strike becomes increasingly possible.

Thus lower numbers are actually more dangerous.

FYI Eaglewings, the cold war was a result of the nuclear arms race.

Cold War ..... Arms Race..Tell me the difference
You could read up on it in the amount of time you are offing your opinions.

The arms race was part of the cold war. The cold war was fought on many fronts. And no, that doesn't mean in Antarctica.

I am older than you, but my mind was focused on Peace not War.. it gives you less wrinkles...

images

The arms race was part of the cold war. The cold war was fought on many fronts. And no, that doesn't mean in Antarctica.

I am older than you, but my mind was focused on Peace not War.. it gives you less wrinkles...

images
A stoned sex hippie.....

That explains a lot

Cold War - Wikipedia

"The Cold War was a state of political and military tension after World War II between powers in the Western Bloc (the United States, its NATO allies and others) and powers in the Eastern Bloc (the Soviet Union and its satellite states). Historians do not fully agree on the dates, but a common timeframe is the period between 1947, the year the Truman Doctrine (a U.S. policy pledging to aid nations threatened by Soviet expansionism) was announced, and 1991, the year the Soviet Union collapsed.

The term "cold" is used because there was no large-scale fighting directly between the two sides, although there were major regional wars, known as proxy wars, supported by the two sides. The Cold War split the temporary wartime alliance against Nazi Germany, leaving the Soviet Union and the United States as two superpowers with profound economic and political differences. "

Nuclear arms race - Wikipedia

"The nuclear arms race was a competition for supremacy in nuclear warfare between the United States, the Soviet Union, and their respective allies during the Cold War. During this period, in addition to the American and Soviet nuclear stockpiles, other countries developed nuclear weapons, though none engaged in warhead production on nearly the same scale as the two superpowers."

400px-US_and_USSR_nuclear_stockpiles.svg.png

There you go. I just fixed some of the damage your teachers did to you.

Thanks...

images
How old am I? It isn't about focus, anyone with a pulse heard about the arms race.

images
A stoned sex hippie.....

That explains a lot

What explains your being so crabby all of the time?

hummm Peace or Old Crabby Guy...

images
A stoned sex hippie.....

That explains a lot

What explains your being so crabby all of the time?

hummm Peace or Old Crabby Guy...
It isn't crabby. It is dry humor. Often mistaken for anger in the absence of facial gestures.

Actually I got my degree in addiction counseling... I like to learn history by seeing it, not reading it in a book
Wow. Sounds you had plenty of experience with substance abuse.

Do your insults make you feel more superior Weasle?
Insecure people will often insult or bully others to feel better about themselves.

And yes, I had a lot of experience with drugs and alcohol because both of my parents and sister died from it when I was very young..
I worked my ass off with any job I could get , put myself through school...Made a excellent income so I can sit on here all day giving you shit for supporting such a crazy ass guy with his finger on the nuke button...

What is your excuse Dumb Ass?

Not knowing about the Cold War and the nuclear arms race, and MAD, then EW doesn't have a clue about "Nuclear Winter", Détente, and the Nuclear Arms Treaty.

Whether you think the above was good or bad, the result is that they have been a deterrent to a full shooting world wide war for 60 years (there was only around 17 years between WWI and WWII, 1919 to 1936).

Our public school system at its finest.

Actually I got my degree in addiction counseling... I like to learn history by seeing it, not reading it in a book

Insecure people will often insult or bully others to feel better about themselves.

And yes, I had a lot of experience with drugs and alcohol because both of my parents and sister died from it when I was very young..
I worked my ass off with any job I could get , put myself through school...Made a excellent income so I can sit on here all day giving you shit for supporting such a crazy ass guy with his finger on the nuke button...

There is nothing crazy about Trump. He is from New York and has a somewhat flamboyant and even vulgar public persona.

That's all.

Not knowing about the Cold War and the nuclear arms race, and MAD, then EW doesn't have a clue about "Nuclear Winter", Détente, and the Nuclear Arms Treaty.

Whether you think the above was good or bad, the result is that they have been a deterrent to a full shooting world wide war for 60 years (there was only around 17 years between WWI and WWII, 1919 to 1936).

What is important in life is what kind of human being you are, not your knowledge of what the Power of Nukes are between the Soviet Union and America..
I compare it to a bunch of guys in the locker room measuring who has the biggest one..

One Nuke will destroy life as we know it...

What is important in life is what kind of human being you are, not your knowledge of what the Power of Nukes are between the Soviet Union and America..
I compare it to a bunch of guys in the locker room measuring who has the biggest one..

Two nukes did not destroy life as we know it.

There is nothing crazy about Trump. He is from New York and has a somewhat flamboyant and even vulgar public persona.

That's all.

He is a hot head with an ego that can destroy a whole country with his little fingers

Two nukes did not destroy life as we know it.

Tell that to these people

Nuclear test fall-out killed thousands in US

Radioactive fall-out from the world’s nuclear weapons tests during the Cold War has killed 11,000 Americans with cancer, according to a new report by US scientists. Experts say that many thousands more are likely to have died in other countries.

The sites where bombs were exploded included the Nevada desert in the US, Pacific islands and sites in Kazakhstan and Russia. Atmospheric testing was outlawed by the Partial Test Ban Treaty in 1963, although dozens of atmospheric tests have since been conducted by France and China.

That's all.

He is a hot head with an ego that can destroy a whole country with his little fingers

He is a tough negotiator who uses bluster and proportionate response as tools.

The same people that told you he was a hot head told you he would lose badly.

Uhm no. We had lots of nukes go off. You can be educated and a good person, they aren't mutually exclusive.

That's all.

No. A single individual cannot deploy nukes. You know nothing but you're highly opinionated.

That's all.

Well , that is your opinion.. I disagree ..But I will dig up this thread once Trump shows us that he doesn't know what he is doing.

He knows finance... that is it

That's all.

Well , that is your opinion.. I disagree ..But I will dig up this thread once Trump shows us that he doesn't know what he is doing.

He knows finance... that is it
You forgot about that thing we call a presidential election. Happened lots of doobies ago, I guess.

Forum List

Back