Arms Race ~ Bring it On OMG

You never heard of the nuclear arms race?
But "arms race" could mean any type of weaponry. Not just nukes.

No I have never heard of it... but I do feel it is about Trumps comment the other day

Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump
The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes

How old are you that you never heard of the Arms Race?
I never heard the term, I know it as The Cold War.... BTW insulting doesn't make you look smart
What the hell are you quoting? Or who?

No I have never heard of it... but I do feel it is about Trumps comment the other day

The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes

How old are you that you never heard of the Arms Race?
I never heard the term, I know it as The Cold War.... BTW insulting doesn't make you look smart

I'm not insulting you. I asked a question.

You've never heard of it???

My mind can not compute this statement

Nope...never heard of it except by the term Cold War...
*mind blown*

Public education?

Surely no one wants to go through that WTF
Don't guess it would surprise me though
I wish nukes would just disappear.
And we gave the trigger to those awful WOMD to an unstable nitwit Trump
It's WMD for future reference. Hillary's steady hand on the button brought me no comfort. Trump is far less of a war hawk.

Awww no, all he needs is a Country to insult his fragile ego and we are in danger

*mind blown*

Public education?

To busy focusing on Civil Rights and Vietnam to talk about the Cold War in any detail.

Besides, there is always the danger that some kid might draw the wrong conclusion from the Soviet Union falling just after Ronald Reagan's terms.

It's WMD for future reference. Hillary's steady hand on the button brought me no comfort. Trump is far less of a war hawk.

Awww no, all he needs is a Country to insult his fragile ego and we are in danger

Who told you that?

I think Putin and Trump both agree that they each need to upgrade their own nuclear capabilities.

These are also great job creators.

Too bad it is effectively money wasted, unlike a dam or canal or bridge or road or viaduct etc.

Too bad, but otherwise unavoidable.

When Einstein, FDR, Graves, and Oppenheimer set out to create nuclear weapons and Fuchs sold these secrets to the Russians the race was forever on.

These weapons had saved hundreds of thousands of American lives back in 1945 but have cost us a fortune ever since.

We should agree to modernize but reduce the quantities

Have smaller number of high quality, high capacity weapons that have a high probability of hitting their target

*mind blown*

Public education?

I was a social butterfly in High School......

OK, you ARE really young. That explains it.

I think Putin and Trump both agree that they each need to upgrade their own nuclear capabilities.

Too bad it is effectively money wasted, unlike a dam or canal or bridge or road or viaduct etc.

When Einstein, FDR, Graves, and Oppenheimer set out to create nuclear weapons and Fuchs sold these secrets to the Russians the race was forever on.

These weapons had saved hundreds of thousands of American lives back in 1945 but have cost us a fortune ever since.

Have smaller number of high quality, high capacity weapons that have a high probability of hitting their target

High capacity weapons in low numbers makes a First Strike more attractive.

And we have reduced stop piles.

*mind blown*

Public education?

Did you graduate to barfly in adulthood?

FYI Eaglewings, the cold war was a result of the nuclear arms race.

Cold War ..... Arms Race..Tell me the difference

Cold War - Wikipedia

"The Cold War was a state of political and military tension after World War II between powers in the Western Bloc (the United States, its NATO allies and others) and powers in the Eastern Bloc (the Soviet Union and its satellite states). Historians do not fully agree on the dates, but a common timeframe is the period between 1947, the year the Truman Doctrine (a U.S. policy pledging to aid nations threatened by Soviet expansionism) was announced, and 1991, the year the Soviet Union collapsed.

The term "cold" is used because there was no large-scale fighting directly between the two sides, although there were major regional wars, known as proxy wars, supported by the two sides. The Cold War split the temporary wartime alliance against Nazi Germany, leaving the Soviet Union and the United States as two superpowers with profound economic and political differences. "

Nuclear arms race - Wikipedia

"The nuclear arms race was a competition for supremacy in nuclear warfare between the United States, the Soviet Union, and their respective allies during the Cold War. During this period, in addition to the American and Soviet nuclear stockpiles, other countries developed nuclear weapons, though none engaged in warhead production on nearly the same scale as the two superpowers."

400px-US_and_USSR_nuclear_stockpiles.svg.png

There you go. I just fixed some of the damage your teachers did to you.

*mind blown*

Public education?

Did you graduate to barfly in adulthood?

I got my Harley Davidson degree and became a Construction Contractor ....:biggrin:

9c85354733765a60df0c7e5ae38ab713.jpg

Actually I got my degree in addiction counseling... I like to learn history by seeing it, not reading it in a book

High capacity weapons in low numbers makes a First Strike more attractive.

And we have reduced stop piles.

No reason not to reduce more.

Quantities used to be based on a formula of what percent probability you want to hit each target. That meant you had to stockpile multiple nukes for each target

That is no longer necessary

Forum List

Back