Donald Trump calls UN ‘just a club for people to get together, talk and have a good time’

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Sounds like the Country Club might be losing some sponsorship funding.

Donald Trump calls UN 'just a club for people to get together, talk and have a good time'

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Days after the United Nations voted to condemn Israeli settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem, Donald Trump questioned its effectiveness Monday, saying it’s just a club for people to “have a good time.”

The president-elect wrote on Twitter that the UN has “such great potential,” but it has become “just a club for people to get together, talk and have a good time. So sad!”

On Friday, Trump warned, “As to the UN, things will be different after Jan. 20th,” referring to the day he takes office.

Does Trump think he's going to run the UN, too? He's got some learnin' to do.

Trump is going to ignore the UN I hope.

It's a malignancy.

Why do you say that, Pete? Countries talking is a lot better than countries warring. Countries cooperating takes communication. UN gives communication a chance. It's a good idea.

UN won't close if the US stops its share of the funding.

Not in the slightest.

I wonder how Schumer feels about the uselessness of the UN ??

If Schumer will agree with Trump, McConnell, and Ryan then the UN just may be sent packing to someplace like Sweden or Switzerland.

And I hope so.

Good riddance.

Sounds like the Country Club might be losing some sponsorship funding.

Donald Trump calls UN 'just a club for people to get together, talk and have a good time'

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Days after the United Nations voted to condemn Israeli settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem, Donald Trump questioned its effectiveness Monday, saying it’s just a club for people to “have a good time.”

The president-elect wrote on Twitter that the UN has “such great potential,” but it has become “just a club for people to get together, talk and have a good time. So sad!”

On Friday, Trump warned, “As to the UN, things will be different after Jan. 20th,” referring to the day he takes office.
He mistakes the UN for the golf club... lol :biggrin:
Joking aside the UN are not very useful. I mean they are "alive" since 1945 and their first purpose is (should be...to be honest) bringing peace everywhere.
But they totally failed! The United Nations should be reformed from the top to the bottom :)

It's refreshing to hear straight talk from a politician, especially the top dawg! I'm looking forward to the next four years. The UN is useless as tits on a bull. If they were worth anything but a international circle jerk with member nations lining their own pockets with cash we would not have gone to Iraq in the first place.

Why do you say that, Pete? Countries talking is a lot better than countries warring. Countries cooperating takes communication. UN gives communication a chance. It's a good idea.

Name one conflict prevented by the UN.

I'll wait.

Waiting-for-Nintendo.jpg

Trump is right. The UN has not been or lived up to why it was initially created in decades. They are a useless organization.

Case in point - what did the U.N. do in response to Russia militarily annexing Crimea? Not a damn thing.... USELESS.

It'll be interesting to see what actually does happen, barring all you so called experts of course.

He mistakes the UN for the golf club... lol :biggrin:
Joking aside the UN are not very useful. I mean they are "alive" since 1945 and their first purpose is (should be...to be honest) bringing peace everywhere.
But they totally failed! The United Nations should be reformed from the top to the bottom :)

I do love your posts Esthermoon.

You are far more informed and intellectually curious than half the people in the US.

New Topics

Forum List

Back