Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception

Hi Chris. I read this quote from Ann Romney:

“Another son came along 18 months later, although we waited four years to have the third, because Mitt was still in school and we had no income except the stock we were chipping away at."

I'm wondering if the Romney's used birth control or did Mitt not fuck Ann for 4 years?

I think you should write them a letter and ask them, sillybonobo. CC it to MSDNC, Rachel Madcow will no doubt read it on her show, seeing how you are one of only 20 viewers who regularly tune in...

I don't get it, people are bitching about poor women having bastard children left and right, and now we want to do away with contraception?

Some fun facts about the pill;

Invented by Frank B Colton who also invented steroids.

Margaret Sanger financier of the pill, founder of planned parenthood.

A quote from her; "• Greater understanding and practice of planned parenthood, through the use of contraceptive measures prescribed by doctors and clinics, will mean that there will be more strong and healthy children and fewer defective and handicapped babies unable to find a useful or happy place in life."

What the pill does; "The birth control pill was introduced to the public in the early 1960s. Birth control pills are synthetic hormones that mimic the way real estrogen and progestin works in a women's body. The pill prevents ovulation - no new eggs are released by a women on the pill since her body is tricked into believing she is already pregnant."

Side effects of the pill; "Blood clots in the arms, legs, and lungs
Serious heart or liver disease
Cancer of the breast or uterus"

When was the pill introduced? Early 1960's.

Effectiveness of the pill; "Among users of the pill only, Hispanic and non-Hispanic black women have a significantly increased likelihood of inconsistent use." Conclusion: Service providers may need to better address consistency of pill-taking among women who have characteristics associated with inconsistent use."

"In general, the rate of contraceptive failure has been highest among young women, poor women and members of racial or ethnic minorities."

So the pill had been around since the 60's and even if you make it free, you can't watch over every woman to make sure she takes it consistently.

Have you apologized for accusing me of lying yet,

Why would I apologize for exposing you lying.

I mean, you did lie, that's proven.

when you finally figured out for yourself that it was the truth?

So, you've smoked how many rocks already?

You made two claims, both of which are proven false.

We know you just spewed shit that you got from the hate sites. You never bothered to check the veracity. Further, the vaginal ultrasound had nothing to do with Arizona, you just are too stupid to accurately repeat the talking (hating) points from Alternet, et al.

Arizona legislators have advanced an unprecedented bill that would require women who wish to have their contraception covered by their health insurance plans to prove to their employers that they are taking it to treat medical conditions. The bill now moves to the state Senate for a full vote.

Apparently, the conservative agenda to take away a women's right choice now includes birth control.

Arizona Birth Control Bill Penalizes Women For Using Contraception For Non-Medical Reasons

They also just passed a bill which states conception begins two weeks before pregnancy, I shit you not.

Transvaginal probe included.

Good thing there's no war on women.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/adopted/s.2036jud.pdf

Fuckerbitches.

I don't see those things in this link http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/adopted/s.2036jud.pdf. Yes the require ultrasounds but not "trans vaginal" ultrasounds.

It also doesnt say that conception begins two weeks prior to pregnancy....i read thouroughly until about page 6 and started skimming so if I missed it point it out but I think whomever told you those 2 things about the bill were being dishonest.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we have the FDA to regulate the so called "pill"? If that's so, then why then would we here in Arizona need a law that does the same to people here who wish to take other than for a moral issue that some might have with it ? If thats the case, then don't take it. and please pay attention to the whats really important here in Arizona and thats the economy here.

I don't see those things in this link http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/adopted/s.2036jud.pdf. Yes the require ultrasounds but not "trans vaginal" ultrasounds.

It also doesnt say that conception begins two weeks prior to pregnancy....i read thouroughly until about page 6 and started skimming so if I missed it point it out but I think whomever told you those 2 things about the bill were being dishonest.

And on the ultrasound, it just says it must be on site, presumably in case of complications. It says nothing of use.

BDBoop was just lying. She took a blurb she read on a hate site, regarding the section of a Virginia bill, long since removed, and claimed it was part of the Arizona legislation - which is really nothing more than a public health bill.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we have the FDA to regulate the so called "pill"? If that's so, then why then would we here in Arizona need a law that does the same to people here who wish to take other than for a moral issue that some might have with it ? If thats the case, then don't take it. and please pay attention to the whats really important here in Arizona and thats the economy here.

What the hell are you yapping about?

Catch up on what the subject is, then start spewing your partisan bullshit.

And on the ultrasound, it just says it must be on site, presumably in case of complications. It says nothing of use.

BDBoop was just lying. She took a blurb she read on a hate site, regarding the section of a Virginia bill, long since removed, and claimed it was part of the Arizona legislation - which is really nothing more than a public health bill.

That arizon bill is actually good for people who want abortions....it ensures that there are laws to protect such patients and make sure they have modern, clean, private, and safe facilities.

What the hell are you yapping about?

Catch up on what the subject is, then start spewing your partisan bullshit.

If I had intended to address you in this thread it would have been addressed to you. If it's hard for you to understand then perhaps local Arizona politics might be a bit above your station. As for being partisan you have no clue what party I belong to and are making an assumption based on having no facts. So let me help you a little, I am a long time Republican who first voted for Barry Goldwater and what I post here if you don't like it's contents , then I suggest you pass it up and don't take the time to read it.

That arizon bill is actually good for people who want abortions....it ensures that there are laws to protect such patients and make sure they have modern, clean, private, and safe facilities.

Because there weren't before?

What is so wrong with wanting to protect the 1st amendment on Religious rights? This is exactly why we have the 1st amendment.
That is what some of the bill is about.
If you take contraception for medical reasons your health care insurance will pay for it.
If you use birth control to prevent pregnancy then you pay for yourself or get it from any clinic that pays for for it. Just about anyone can afford 9 dollars a month for their own birth control.
Title Ten pays for contraception for anyone who is poor.

And you don't understand why the reason a woman takes birth control is nobody's business but her own and her doctor's - but you claim to be for less government. Really?!

Because there weren't before?

Planned Parenthood makes billions of dollars a year from Abortion. The more abortions performed, with the least amount of resources, ensures the highest profit margin per abortion. Cots, 20 to a room are one method of moving a lot of women through the abortion factory without expending a great deal on facilities.

Planned Parenthood rakes in cash on the level of Apple, yet most of the abortion mills are dingy, run down offices in ghettos. Part of this is because PP preys on the poor and ignorant, but it is also a matter of maximizing profit by spending very little on facilities.

The Arizona bill forces PP to update facilities to standards expected from medical offices. PP barely meets what the common Vets office has as sanitary standards. The Arizona bill changes that and makes PP accountable.

What is so wrong with wanting to protect the 1st amendment on Religious rights? This is exactly why we have the 1st amendment.
That is what some of the bill is about.
If you take contraception for medical reasons your health care insurance will pay for it.
If you use birth control to prevent pregnancy then you pay for yourself or get it from any clinic that pays for for it. Just about anyone can afford 9 dollars a month for their own birth control.
Title Ten pays for contraception for anyone who is poor.

Peach while I respect your point, I don't see how we need a bill here on the state level that protects the 1st Amendment which already does protect Religious rights. It would seem to me that those who wish to take the "the pill" are in fact exercising a right to do so and it is a fully regulated drug by the FDA. Further, for those who have a moral objection to it, there is no obligation for them to take it, nor is there an obligation for them to purchase it. However, one can argue that as part of an overall insurance plan it for those with moral objections it somehow raises their costs. If that were the case, then it would seem to me an easy enough task to make "contraceptives" in general an optional item in one's insurance plan, so that those with moral objections do not need to take part and likewise the other is true is well. I personally don't see this as a matter our legislature should be spending its time on when we have other more pressing matters here in our state that need to be looked after.

Forum List

Back