Zone1 Aren't ALL posts/threads "bait"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I looked up the definition of "bait thread"/"bait post". This is what I found.........

A bait thread is an online forum post or thread designed to provoke a reaction.

This is a chat website, where people post things to talk about, and yes, sometimes argue about.
So, aren't they ALL "bait threads"???? Why would someone post something on here and NOT expect a retorte or comment........bad, good, or indifferent?????

Doesn't make ANY sense what so ever, to shut down a post and deem it "closed because it's bait".

That's like a bar getting shut down due to the fact they serve alcohol!

I looked up the definition of "bait thread"/"bait post". This is what I found.........

This is a chat website, where people post things to talk about, and yes, sometimes argue about.
So, aren't they ALL "bait threads"???? Why would someone post something on here and NOT expect a retorte or comment........bad, good, or indifferent?????

Doesn't make ANY sense what so ever, to shut down a post and deem it "closed because it's bait".

No, not all posts are bait posts.

I do think this OP is another whining post

Start the thread in a forum other than a Zone 1 sub forum.
Easy peasy

Start the thread in a forum other than a Zone 1 sub forum.
Easy peasy

Doesn't answer my questions.

I thought "Zone 1" is for posting in, so people don't use "naughty words" and such. Am I wrong in understanding that?

A post made in "Zone 1" threads would not be up for "troll responses", if I understand the terms correctly, and from what I read online about them.

Doesn't answer my questions.

I thought "Zone 1" is for posting in, so people don't use "naughty words" and such. Am I wrong in understanding that?

A post made in "Zone 1" threads would not be up for "troll responses", if I understand the terms correctly, and from what I read online about them.
Zone1 is for a civil discussion, not the in your face name calling for a desired in your face response.

• "Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads) / The Lounge / Announcements / Race Relations-Racism / Religion and Ethics: Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.

Zone1 is for a civil discussion, not the in your face name calling for a desired in your face response.

So, why would a post get closed down as "bait" if it had no responses yet? Or that it did have civil discussion?

Is it the poster that is doing the "naughty language" getting shut down, not the article?

What if the article itself has the language in it?

• "Zone 1": Clean Debate Zone (CDZ) / Introduce Yourself (Welcome Threads) / The Lounge / Announcements / Race Relations-Racism / Religion and Ethics: Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No insulting, name calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.

I understand that, what I'm not understanding is why an article would get shut down that didn't have any replies to it.

I'm NOT trying to "start" something, I want to know. I don't learn if I don't ask questions. And yes, I know my questions annoy the **** out of people. But this is how I learn.

So, why would a post get closed down as "bait" if it had no responses yet? Or that it did have civil discussion?

Is it the poster that is doing the "naughty language" getting shut down, not the article?

What if the article itself has the language in it?
Dude, you can tell just the way the poster constructed his/her OP.
This isn't rocket science, and I know which thread you're talking about.
If that poster had just used the first half of his post, it would have been fine.
But.....he went on in the last half and threw in his editorial that created the bait.

You asked and I answered, if you can't see that, or disagree, that's fine.
It is what it is, and is why we have the zone1 rules.

Dude, you can tell just the way the poster constructed his/her OP.
This isn't rocket science, and I know which thread you're talking about.
If that poster had just used the first half of his post, it would have been fine.
But.....he went on in the last half and threw in his editorial that created the bait.

You asked and I answered, if you can't see that, or disagree, that's fine.
It is what it is, and is why we have the zone1 rules.

I read it, and there weren't any personal slams in it, no name calling, and no bad lauguage.
The poster was making a personal comment on what happened, with clean language.
Again, as I stated in another communication.........nobody can know what the rules are, if there aren't any specifications. Implication and generic standardizations do not work.
This is why I'm asking.

My mind deals in absolutes and logic, not abstracts.

Check this out:

1. I assume everyone who posts has a reason to do so. It could be to elicit a response (which could be to get a laugh, an “amen” or to challenge some conventional thinking).

2. If the only thing you seek to elicit is a fiery & angry rejoinder, then that’s a different kind of bait.

I read it, and there weren't any personal slams in it, no name calling, and no bad lauguage.
The poster was making a personal comment on what happened, with clean language.
Again, as I stated in another communication.........nobody can know what the rules are, if there aren't any specifications. Implication and generic standardizations do not work.
This is why I'm asking.

My mind deals in absolutes and logic, not abstracts.
Absolutes? Stick with math.
Logic? I'm not seeing it.

His premise is wrong to begin with.

Should I go on? The OP was being disingenuous with his premise in his editorial.
IT WAS A BAIT THREAD!

1. I assume everyone who posts has a reason to do so. It could be to elicit a response (which could be to get a laugh, an “amen” or to challenge some conventional thinking).

2. If the only thing you seek to elicit is a fiery & angry rejoinder, then that’s a different kind of bait.

Yeah, but you don't know what the person posting is expecting. Not everybody thinks the same way, not everybody feels the same words and phrases are "bad" or "good" as others might.

If someone doesn't use "bad words" in a post, then they have literally not broken the rule. Negative inuendo is NOT the same thing as outright word usage.

Absolutes? Stick with math.
Logic? I'm not seeing it.

His premise is wrong to begin with.

Should I go on? The OP was being disingenuous with his premise in his editorial.
IT WAS A BAIT THREAD!

And look what I had to go through to get this, when thats all you had to post to begin with.

Bait, in internet speak means you start a conversation that you expect to go to the gutter.

Now, the issue I have is when someone has a difference of a opinion about thread, and they are accused of trolling. Why is a minority opinion labeled trolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back