Zone1 Aren't ALL posts/threads "bait"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up the definition of "bait thread"/"bait post". This is what I found.........

A bait thread is an online forum post or thread designed to provoke a reaction.

This is a chat website, where people post things to talk about, and yes, sometimes argue about.
So, aren't they ALL "bait threads"???? Why would someone post something on here and NOT expect a retorte or comment........bad, good, or indifferent?????

Doesn't make ANY sense what so ever, to shut down a post and deem it "closed because it's bait".

That's like a bar getting shut down due to the fact they serve alcohol!
It requires a certain degree of honesty and critical thinking in order to choose which threads to comment on and then what to say in response to someone responding to you, but nobody should be baited or triggered into saying anything other than what they really feel.

I looked up the definition of "bait thread"/"bait post". This is what I found.........

A bait thread is an online forum post or thread designed to provoke a reaction.

This is a chat website, where people post things to talk about, and yes, sometimes argue about.
So, aren't they ALL "bait threads"???? Why would someone post something on here and NOT expect a retorte or comment........bad, good, or indifferent?????

Doesn't make ANY sense what so ever, to shut down a post and deem it "closed because it's bait".

That's like a bar getting shut down due to the fact they serve alcohol!
This is a political discussion site, which means that whatever our opponents have to say will sound like bait, flaming, and trolling. Everything that Meister posts looks like bait, flaming, or trolling to me. When any of these three terms are used to justify censorship, it means that you have been the target of politically motivated censorship. That's pretty much the only kind of censorship that happens on political board sites.

What is important to recognize is that when you are censored, it means that whoever censored you had a weaker hand. Whatever it was you posted, whoever censored you did not have stronger arguments or logic. Censorship was the only weapon available.

Last edited:
I've often wondered about that. Someone makes a post then is full of outrage over the responses they get. (sometimes) It's mostly fake outrage
Yep. This is what I meant when I said a little trolling is a good thing.

This is a political discussion site, which means that whatever our opponents have to say will sound like bait, flaming, and trolling. Everything that Meister posts looks like bait, flaming, or trolling to me. When any of these three terms are used to justify censorship, it means that you have been the target of politically motivated censorship. That's pretty much the only kind of censorship that happens on political board sites.

What is important to recognize is that when you are censored, it means that whoever censored you had a weaker hand. Whatever it was you posted, whoever censored you did not have stronger arguments or logic. Censorship was the only weapon available.
An answer to your drivel is to just put the threads in the proper forum.
It really isn't that hard, EvMetro. :smoke:

An answer to your drivel is to just put the threads in the proper forum.
It really isn't that hard, EvMetro. :smoke:
Baiting, trolling, flaming, and insults will remain the primary method of communication on this site as long as this remains a political discussion community.

Yeah, political debates on the internet are maybe, maybe, 2% percent civil
Site rules that forbid flaming, trolling, insults, and baiting are for regular forums where this type of discourse is not the native language. Trying to control it on a political site is like forbidding boxers from punching each other during a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back