Are You More Or Less "Free" In A Society That

[Please link the source about the Mexicans, Okay.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6AradppFx4[/ame]

Where in hell do you think you would be without corporations? Give me a friggin break.

My Gawd!!! A corporate worshiper!!! Where would I be? Down at my local small business where I know the owner for gawds sake! The same salesmen who delivers what I buy to my house as part of service. Who doesn't require I buy a fucking warranty for a new TV I paid $2500. for. Who hires people out of my neighborhood, not from Mexico. Who keeps his money in a local bank, not offshore. And most of all, someone I don't have to pay their taxes for them.

I have no idea what the rest of your drivel is about. Sharks? India? I haven't heard from any of them so I guess it worked out Okay. If the mob wanted you they could find you too, so I don't know what that is about either. Sounding a little paranoid there, shintao.

You can go though life blissfully ignorant, or you can educate yourself to the risks you place your family and finances in. You make the choice. When someone steals your identity, don't cry in the milk on my account.

Last edited:
Dis wrote:

I'm telling you I fought my way through every obstacle in life and didn't waste precious time by screaming that things were unfair. I simply did what I had to do to get to where I want to be.

You're welcome to assume anything you like in regards to me. I'm fine with it.

I'll assume you walked barefooted uphill to school and back if you like. Why hope/wish/allow things to be much, much harder for the newest crop of young people than they were for you?

Where's the payoff?

Hope? Not even close. Wish? Of course not. Allow? Sure, I'll allow them to make their own mistakes. Overcoming obstacles becomes just that much more rewarding, and you quickly learn to appreciate what you've EARNED. Would I not aid them just to teach them a lesson? Only if sheer stupidity dictated their actions, and even then I'd watch from a distance just to make sure they didn't further harm themselves, or anyone else. But they're damn well not getting anything handed to them on a silver platter. It doesn't do anyone any good.

Assuming you have kids (I have no idea), wouldn't you at least want the security of knowing they know how to take care of themselves in any situation that arises, and they'll survive just fine after you're gone?

Yes. And mine was lucky, because even though her Mom was a financial idiot whilst raising her, she landed a job as the personal assistant to a CEO of a credit counseling agency in high school. She was light years ahead of her classmates...and her Mom, for a very long time.

We need to do a far, far, far better job of educating young people about finances than we do now.

If you don't like people judging your credit-worthiness on credit scores and the like, don't borrow money. It is as simple as that.

Why should a lender loan money to a stranger, without seeking to find out if said person is a good risk? That is what we are talking about. Risk.

Let me ask you what do you think a corporation hiring you would say when they find no credit scores, no SS number, no driver's license number, no home address linked to your name, etc.? Are they going to hire you or call the ICE?

Gosh..from what I see here..everyone seems to think that greed, theft and everything wrong with humanity got started around 01/13/2009.

Where in hell did you come up with that date? Please show one post that even remotely claimed 01/13/2009, or are you just trolling again?

Obama took office then, I think.

I don't thik MarcATL had that in mind when he posted the thread, and no one has mentioned that date, or Obama in this thread that I can remember, why did Sallow feel a need to bring it up?

Where in hell did you come up with that date? Please show one post that even remotely claimed 01/13/2009, or are you just trolling again?

I don't thik MarcATL had that in mind when he posted the thread, and no one has mentioned that date, or Obama in this thread that I can remember, why did Sallow feel a need to bring it up?

Well, Sallow could reply better'n me, but I assume it was his way of referring to the "everything was great before Obama" crew.

Yanno, these guys......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRkz640iDA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRkz640iDA[/ame]

Where in hell do you think you would be without corporations? Give me a friggin break.

My Gawd!!! A corporate worshiper!!! Where would I be? Down at my local small business where I know the owner for gawds sake! The same salesmen who delivers what I buy to my house as part of service. Who doesn't require I buy a fucking warranty for a new TV I paid $2500. for. Who hires people out of my neighborhood, not from Mexico. Who keeps his money in a local bank, not offshore. And most of all, someone I don't have to pay their taxes for them.

I have no idea what the rest of your drivel is about. Sharks? India? I haven't heard from any of them so I guess it worked out Okay. If the mob wanted you they could find you too, so I don't know what that is about either. Sounding a little paranoid there, shintao.

You can go though life blissfully ignorant, or you can educate yourself to the risks you place your family and finances in. You make the choice. When someone steals your identity, don't cry in the milk on my account.

Dude....listen up, and take an education....your computer was made by a corporation, your washer, dryer, refridgerator, the clothes you wear are from coorporations. Sheesh :cuckoo:
You have a SS card? Your open for identity theft. Paranoia will destroy ya

Decades ago, people actually had a sense of right & wrong, and carried a conscience, and worked for those things they wanted. Today, everyone is under the misguided assumption that they're "entitled".

This is a very skewed and somewhat fanciful view of the past. People of yesteryear were no more or less virtuous than people today. Economic situations however were different. In the "golden age" of the American economy, the 1950s and 60s, one wage earner could make a living that alowed him to save while consuming. The distribution of wealth was much less skewed to the super rich. Since Reagan, the distribution of wealth has shifted dramatically. The median family is now offering about 80% more work hours than they did in the golden age and most households have two rather than one income earner. For this 80% increase in work hours, the median household has gotten about 7% more real income. They have seen healthcare costs, housing costs and educational cost rise much faster than inflation so in reality, while working more, the median household has gone backwards financially.

Meanwhile, the top 1% of income earners have seen there real incomes triple and more over the same period. The over abundance of money on the high end fuels a bubble of capital that floats from one sector of the financial markets to another, causing ruin as it goes. Stock prices shyrocket and crash. Real estate prices skyrocket and crash. Commodities futures skyrocket and crash and so on and so forth. This is all a function of the non-consumed income of the rich trying to make money for nothing essentially. One of the ways so-called "surplus units" try to make money for nothing is to deposit money in banks. To make money, the banks must lend. Credit/debt becomes more ubiquitous.

While it is in the end the responsibility of the consumer, one has to recognize that the whole system was geared toward debt and most of that pressure was coming from the top.

When a person is right they are right - and in this post - you are right.
However, to do any of this required an amoral - selfish and petty society that quite willingly screwed their future in order to satisfy superfluous desires.
People replaced income they didn't make with debt.
Now...some blame the greedy bastards that exploited this behavior as the ultimate bad guys - and some blame the irresponsible idiots that did this to themselves as the problem.
As with most things, the truth lies in the middle.

"They" did this to us because we were willing to sell our future to them.
And guess what libnut - we would do it again and again.

This is what I talk about all the time, to solve our nations problems we have to first recognize and acknowledge them. And this requires getting past the idiotic - useless red vs. blue rhetoric and get down to the real problems.

And a good start is to look into the mirror.

Last edited:

Dude....listen up, and take an education....your computer was made by a corporation, your washer, dryer, refridgerator, the clothes you wear are from coorporations. Sheesh :cuckoo:
You have a SS card? Your open for identity theft. Paranoia will destroy ya

PS....Young Turks? You give a reliable source or you have no source. Young Turks are haters....and nothing else. Unreliable source and an epic fail on your end.

Well, Sallow could reply better'n me, but I assume it was his way of referring to the "everything was great before Obama" crew.

Yanno, these guys......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRkz640iDA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRkz640iDA[/ame]
Why was it brought up in this thread. No one stated anything close to what he is saying. Again, he is trolling and nothing more. I hope your not trying to defend him.

You RW dimwits TOTALLY mis the point...once again.

One can be a millionaire or billionaire for all anyone knows, but would still be REQUIRED...aka FORCED to have good credit to get access to certain essentials in life.

One poster just posted the fact that now one has to PROVE good credit to GET a job...a job. That's DISGUSTING. So lets say, now an "irresponsible" person is finally getting to a point where they can "pull themselves up by their boot straps" some employer, without any other history than what some credit score(s) says...will NOT be able to hire them. Even if all their other recon and backchecking states that this is a PERFECT candidate for hire.

That's NOT freedom CON$...it simply just isn't.

Not to mention the tons of people who DON'T want to have any credit whatsoever, who live totally "responsible" lives and always have and always will, but because there is no record from some "credit company" to judge them by, they are NOT afforded access to certain essentials in live.

Again...this is NOT freedom...this is akin to Corporate Rule.

But I see some of you toe-lickers will defend it to the hilt, come hell or highwater.

*SMH*

Having a bad day, are you?
Can't answer the basic question honestly...can you?

If you really want an answer you should try being less of a disrespectful jerk when you ask it and talk to people about it.

Yanno, these guys......

Why was it brought up in this thread. No one stated anything close to what he is saying. Again, he is trolling and nothing more. I hope your not trying to defend him.

Not especially. I don't think it is trolling to point out some people on USMB are so partisan they'd kill their dogs if Glenn Beck said to, though.

Having a bad day, are you?

If you really want an answer you should try being less of a disrespectful jerk when you ask it and talk to people about it.

Charles Main, let me ask you a question. We have no control over the manner in which the three credit reporting agencies record our data and even less over their secret formulas for scoring us, yet we are each ruled to a great degree by the results.

Should they be regulated, IYO?

Charles Main, let me ask you a question. We have no control over the manner in which the three credit reporting agencies record our data and even less over their secret formulas for scoring us, yet we are each ruled to a great degree by the results.

Something tells me his answer will/would be no...everything is fine as it currently is and that you should get up off your fat and lazy librul keister and get urself a JERB!!!

Something tells me his answer will/would be no...everything is fine as it currently is and that you should get up off your fat and lazy librul keister and get urself a JERB!!!

I can only imagine the suffering one of the "self made" mythologists must endure if their lives go upside down. Why is it people so badly need to believe, despite all evidence to the contrary, that they can control all the forces impacting their lives?

Gosh..from what I see here..everyone seems to think that greed, theft and everything wrong with humanity got started around 01/13/2009.

I guess with MarcATL thanking this post, he does believe it's about Obama. I stand corrected and the OP was just a bunch of crap. Duly noted MarcATL...no wonder no one takes you that serious...you can't even be straight up and state what your trying to get at.

I can only imagine the suffering one of the "self made" mythologists must endure if their lives go upside down. Why is it people so badly need to believe, despite all evidence to the contrary, that they can control all the forces impacting their lives?

I guarantee you that if you would change one or two variables in the lives of characters like Mini 14 and his ilk, they'd sink into squalor and be asking what and/or how the government let this happened and what they are doing to fix it.

I can thank any post I want to.

Funny, I don't recall you answering the question of the thread directly.

Forum List

Back