Are you created in God's image?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
¯ Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God’s image?

Regards
DL

Actually, the verse reads, "Let us make Man in our image." Interpreted to mean God and His angels share the same image. So we look like angels since God has never been depicted and is actually forbidden to do so. Angels too for that matter.

20 And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
-Exodus 20 NIV

Making any image or depiction of God, an angel, etc. would be forbidden following a strict literal interpretation of this (as the Amish and Mennonites do if not mistaken.)

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Regards
DL

yes
* Body Mind and Spirit
* Male and Female, left and right, secular and spiritual, church and state, mothers and fathers, husbands and wives,
sisters and brothers
* individual human, collective humanity, and human relations

all these patterns and relations in human nature
reflect the image of God on a collective scale

Actually, the verse reads, "Let us make Man in our image." Interpreted to mean God and His angels share the same image. So we look like angels since God has never been depicted and is actually forbidden to do so. Angels too for that matter.

20 And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
-Exodus 20 NIV

Making any image or depiction of God, an angel, etc. would be forbidden following a strict literal interpretation of this (as the Amish and Mennonites do if not mistaken.)

Yet Jesus, who Christians say is God, have his image all over the place.

That is why they are idol worshipers.

Right?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

yes
* Body Mind and Spirit
* Male and Female, left and right, secular and spiritual, church and state, mothers and fathers, husbands and wives,
sisters and brothers

That is certainly not the bible God then.

Good for you. Your God sounds more like mine.

The thinking show is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

yes
* Body Mind and Spirit
sisters and brothers

That is certainly not the bible God then.

Good for you. Your God sounds more like mine.

The thinking show is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find.

Regards
DL

Dear DL I am glad we align. That's all we need to do to be able to do God's work, is make sure we align with each other and all things good can flow through those connections.
If we run across mistakes in action or judgment, we can correct those through this
connection we share, so that our paths in life can keep growing in positive constructive
directions, and invite and encourage more people to connect along with us. Any faults
uncovered along the way can be corrected in the process, so it is guided by love of truth
not fear of change or the unknown. There is always more positive that will follow and this will build and overcome the negatives of the past that are finite and have an end; the positives
grow and sustain so those will prevail!

With love, these connections multiply so there is oneness with all humanity along these same lines.

I do not see the disconnect with where the Bible is heading in terms of alignment and unity of all humanity as one in Christ.

I DO understand that you denounce and separate yourself from any teaching of retribution and vengeful punishment,
so this is what YOU mean by NOT following a false bible God that is destructive in nature and contradictory.

However, I don't see a problem with aligning the
POSITIVE nature and spirit of God that you and I both believe in
and teaching that this IS the meaning of God in the Bible.
It has merely been mistaught, pulled out of context and abused for political power.

There is ONLY one "God" in order for "God" to mean the infinite absolute
and universal collective of all source of all life truth and energy/things in the universe.

So it has to be the same God,
and it is just that people have religiously abused and mistaught what God is.

I think you and I agree to renounce such damaging and damning abuse.

I have no problem that you call your connection with God as "I AM"
and I have a friend who talks to people similarly to address the
"I AM" in each person. I think you two would get along if you take this
same approach.

I believe we can connect all people this same way.
Find where we agree in spirit, and stick with that.
Our language may be different, but our principles align
when we focus on what is truly Universal and know that comes from God.

Thanks DL
This is wonderful and more power to you

May you always have the right words and insights
to share with others so you can align with anyone in the right way.

May no more negative fears of abuses or falsehood
obstruct this path to aligning all people in truth, and to overcome the faults of the past.

Much love and thanks to you
What peace what relief to know we do connect
as neighbors in Christ, YES!

"_____ is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

Last edited:
"The ways of ____ are beyond our understanding… But fear not. You are in the hands of something much greater and much better than you can imagine."

"____ is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Christian is not the only cup which can catch it."

"The ways of ____ are beyond our understanding… But fear not. You are in the hands of something much greater and much better than you can imagine."

You hit the nail on the head with this. Thank you!

The issue is if people's "fear" (that ill overcomes good) is greater than their "faith" that good overcomes ill.
* it has been said that fear takes over where we lack faith
* but Perfect Love casts out all Fear
As we share more Love, and uplift one another,
then we conquer fear that cripples, divides or stops us from solving problems.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

Thank you!

To expand on our alignment in concepts and principles,
would you like to promote this idea of inviting ALL atheists and theists,
Christians and nonchristians, to join in an online outreach project
to "align" our concepts of body/mind/spirit to show this "trinity" is universal.
There is one source or God that all these point to, whether real or imagined,
while our expressions vary from person to person and by group identity.

And the point is to focus on the POSITIVE meanings and align those,
and not confuse, project or mix in the NEGATIVE associations or actions
which all participants agree to help each other correct and prevent.

Whether or not people can come to an agreement if there is a God or not,
we can show that we can ALIGN and come to a Consensus on the Meanings and Concepts
behind the symbolism, especially separating the positives from the negatives in order to correct those and stop the abuses of religion to do ill and to cause harm and damage relationships.

Since you are in Canada, and I am in Houston, we could still do this outreach online
and it would not take away, but expand on the teaching work you are already doing online.
I think just the diversity between you, me and others here gives us more strength in
numbers to reach out to more people who may respond to one approach but not others!

I got the domain name for Consensus on God (and also one for Law and on Jesus).
GreatestIAM would you like to make this a special project,
to form a consensus among USMB members and then use
what we learn to help other resolve similar issues to form a Consensus on God and Jesus?

Thank you,
and I pray that this process of spiritual growth and connection that is already happening,
accelerates and brings more people together in enlightened unity
and harmony of body mind and spirit at an exponential rate, to uplift one another
to reach spiritual fulfillment so we can work closely together to solve the world's problems
and bring physical peace as a result. May all souls be kept safe and protected in the process
by the loving gifts and blessings of Grace carried by all who have given of themselves in the name of Justice.
May anything that is not of the path toward unifying truth be cast out and corrected
with God's Holy Grace without causing further harm to anyone, but healing and restoring all relations in the process.
In the name of Perfect Loving Justice with Mercy let greater understanding of truth be received by all hearts minds and souls
for the healing salvation of all humanity in ending past cycles of suffering to bring lasting peace and knowledge to the world.

Yours truly,
Emily

Last edited:
"____ is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Christian is not the only cup which can catch it."

BTW of the methods of spiritual healing out there,
the only process I've found that permanently heals people of Demons and Satan/Occult oppression/addictions
IS the Deliverance Prayer and Exorcism used by Christian healers.
NOT necessarily the Catholic practice which endangers priests by trying to take on the role of Christ.

But the type that is more like the intercessory approach where teams INVOKE the authority of Jesus Christ
as Universal Authority over all dominions, and use that connection to cast out demons and satanic dark forces
keeping someone's mind and spirit in bondage. Anyone can RECEIVE this healing, I've met Buddhists Atheists and others who were never or still are not Christian, but only a Christian practitioner called to share this spiritual gift and authority of exorcism can do this without running into the complications as the Catholic practice has which. A lot of the false faith healers end up causing death or damage because they are not using forgiveness for natural healing but are manipulating people, just like malpractice, especially those who falsely deny medical help which is contradictory to natural healing that uses all available means of treating the body mind and spirit in full, in harmony with science and medicine.

Even the Buddhist regression therapy is used *in Conjunction with* Christian healing prayer
to break the generational curses or karma that has passed down to someone else.

There is no substitute for this type of Christian healing and deliverance/exorcism prayer.
In fact, since the occult energies clash with it, if someone has committed to using that
or has been previously treated or healed using this darker energy, then that has to be
renounced and removed first before the Christian healing prayer will work, or else it can fail.

It is like removing the conflicting programs from a failed virus protection program on your computer
before installing a more comprehensive program, or else the systems will block each other.

You can read about studies done on negative curses and spells
versus positive Christian prayer and healing in the books by
Dr. Larry Dorsey. And about the superior healing effects of Christian
deliverance prayer that replaced one man's practice as a former neurosurgeon
after this process was demonstrated to him, and he discovered he could help
more people this way than with surgery: Healing Is Yours

Dr. Francis MacNutt is one of the most respected authors, teachers and practitioners
who has long advocated for incorporating the knowledge of spiritual healing, deliverance and exorcism
into regular mainstream practices alongside traditional medical and mental treatments that this works with;
and has warned against the dangers of playing with or mixing occult dark forces and practices with
positive healing and life energy that Christian healing prayer works with as a natural process consistent with science
and medicine.

There is no substitute, and there is danger in mixing it with the dark types of forces and process
used in dark magic, occult, sorcery, voodoo, witchcraft, satanic or demonic manipulations, spells, curses
and anything else based on playing with spiritual forces that is inconsistent and out of harmony with natural healing.

Last edited:
I don't believe in choosing between the currents of Light and Dark.

I find Power in both and thus create a third current through Balance.

I believe in embracing spiritual, "moral" Balance. It is my Nature and my True Will, and essential to my Weltanschauung.

I embrace the Sun at Night, and I embrace the Moon during the Day.

I am like an Angel embracing Hell or a Demon embracing Heaven.

One who serves neither Heaven nor Hell but explores, embraces, and respects the power of both, and uses it to create a third, mysterious, less understood power.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

Thank you!

To expand on our alignment in concepts and principles,
would you like to promote this idea of inviting ALL atheists and theists,
Christians and nonchristians, to join in an online outreach project
to "align" our concepts of body/mind/spirit to show this "trinity" is universal.
There is one source or God that all these point to, whether real or imagined,
while our expressions vary from person to person and by group identity.

And the point is to focus on the POSITIVE meanings and align those,
and not confuse, project or mix in the NEGATIVE associations or actions
which all participants agree to help each other correct and prevent.

Whether or not people can come to an agreement if there is a God or not,
we can show that we can ALIGN and come to a Consensus on the Meanings and Concepts
behind the symbolism, especially separating the positives from the negatives in order to correct those and stop the abuses of religion to do ill and to cause harm and damage relationships.

Since you are in Canada, and I am in Houston, we could still do this outreach online
and it would not take away, but expand on the teaching work you are already doing online.
I think just the diversity between you, me and others here gives us more strength in
numbers to reach out to more people who may respond to one approach but not others!

I got the domain name for Consensus on God (and also one for Law and on Jesus).
GreatestIAM would you like to make this a special project,
to form a consensus among USMB members and then use
what we learn to help other resolve similar issues to form a Consensus on God and Jesus?

Thank you,
and I pray that this process of spiritual growth and connection that is already happening,
accelerates and brings more people together in enlightened unity
and harmony of body mind and spirit at an exponential rate, to uplift one another
to reach spiritual fulfillment so we can work closely together to solve the world's problems
and bring physical peace as a result. May all souls be kept safe and protected in the process
by the loving gifts and blessings of Grace carried by all who have given of themselves in the name of Justice.
May anything that is not of the path toward unifying truth be cast out and corrected
with God's Holy Grace without causing further harm to anyone, but healing and restoring all relations in the process.
In the name of Perfect Loving Justice with Mercy let greater understanding of truth be received by all hearts minds and souls
for the healing salvation of all humanity in ending past cycles of suffering to bring lasting peace and knowledge to the world.

Yours truly,
Emily

Thanks for the invite but no thanks.

Regards
DL

We look and act like God? What? A tangible, four-dimensional creature looks and acts like an eternal creator?

Why do so many people assume that our likeness to Him is physical? That we cannot be spiritual, eternal beings? You know - like God.

We look and act like God? What? A tangible, four-dimensional creature looks and acts like an eternal creator?

Why do so many people assume that our likeness to Him is physical? That we cannot be spiritual, eternal beings? You know - like God.

It's on all levels: spirit mind and body.
What we experience in life, as individuals, and in relations with others
and collectively in society and humanity as a whole
is a microcosm or REFLECTION of the larger spiritual process going on.

The real faith lies in fulfilling the connection between
the local/individual level and the collective level of all humanity.

The more people understand how the spiritual and social development in life
is connected from the individual to the collective scale, where we co-influence each other in tandem,
then we can more closely collaborate in harmony to get more done effectively.

I've heard this connection called
* think globally, act locally
* the chain reaction or ripple effect (of positive or kind acts paying forward)
* abundance mentality and investing in others where what comes around goes around
* in Christianity, where two or three agree in Christ then whatever they touch on
earth is done by the Father in Heaven (local agreement and action connects to global impact)
* change happens mutually, being the change we want to see in the world,
or changing ourselves so we influence positive change in others and it multiplies from there

I don't believe in choosing between the currents of Light and Dark.

I find Power in both and thus create a third current through Balance.

I believe in embracing spiritual, "moral" Balance. It is my Nature and my True Will, and essential to my Weltanschauung.

I embrace the Sun at Night, and I embrace the Moon during the Day.

I am like an Angel embracing Hell or a Demon embracing Heaven.

One who serves neither Heaven nor Hell but explores, embraces, and respects the power of both, and uses it to create a third, mysterious, less understood power.

Face it, you'd embrace anything!

Forum List

Back