If Moses Wrote Genesis, Who Told Him All The Details?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
God really related everything in a conversation with Moses? "One day, I was bored and made the universe. This is then how I made the Earth...Then I made Adam and Eve, they rebelled, had Cain and Abel...And the countless other specific people in Genesis."

If that were ture, why doesn't Genesis begin like other areas with, "And God spoke these words to Moses..." Why's it just begin absent any context or who's speaking, or relating the information?

God really related everything in a conversation with Moses? "One day, I was bored and made the universe. This is then how I made the Earth...Then I made Adam and Eve, they rebelled, had Cain and Abel...And the countless other specific people in Genesis."

If that were ture, why doesn't Genesis begin like other areas with, "And God spoke these words to Moses..." Why's it just begin absent any context or who's speaking, or relating the information?
Ask a Rabbi.

Ask a Rabbi.

I have. More interested in hearing how non-clergy explain it. Maybe we'll all learn something. :)

Or maybe you'll all start fighting and I'll sit back murmuring "Excellent" as I rub my hands together. :)

Oral transmission, and Moses didn't write it, Ezra and his scribes did when they returned from Babylon.

Ask a Rabbi.

I have. More interested in hearing how non-clergy explain it. Maybe we'll all learn something. :)
I'm not clergy but I think that when a Prophet delivered a message and the message ended with the words, ".....Thus sayeth the Lord....", it indicated the person had spoken with God. That's what I've gathered from reading the Bible.

Ask a Rabbi.

I'm not clergy but I think that when a Prophet delivered a message and the message ended with the words, ".....Thus sayeth the Lord....", it indicated the person had spoken with God. That's what I've gathered from reading the Bible.

Moses used Elizabethian English did he? :)

Ask a Rabbi.

I thought Moses was a Vulcan.
Actually he probably spoke Ayrab since he was Egyptian.

Ask a Rabbi.

BLAHAHAHAHA1 You are joking, RIGHT?

according to Mel Brooks he originally had 15 commandments....

Ask a Rabbi.

You know that is a lie yet you wrote it anyway. Dishonest much?

Ask a Rabbi.

What tickled your funnybone, Heathen?

I thought you meant to be funny. Everything you said above is laughable...Isn't that the intended effect?

I thought you meant to be funny. Everything you said above is laughable...Isn't that the intended effect?
Only the Vulcan part. The rest is my opinion.

Only the Vulcan part. The rest is my opinion.

ROFLMAO...STOP...I can't breathe.... WOOOOOO! You are still joking...RIGHT?

Forum List

Back