Are you christian?

I thought about becoming a Christian when I was a teenager, but the sermons were boring and the congregation was mostly hypocrites. I settled on agnostic for a couple of decades, and then moved on to atheist. Works for me!

That's fine and you were able to express yourself without going into the gutter to do it. Even folks who disagree can do so with taste.

This is what Christians do---they learn every teaching from Jesus and then apply every teaching from Jesus--who taught this---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God---- so then one learns every utterance from God and applys them---if one has not done this---they are not a real Christian.
And the #1 reason most cannot be bothered to do just that is because some teacher of darkness assured them--you are saved or born again, even though he hasn't a clue to whos name is written in Gods book of life. From these teachers---RUN.

Are you claiming that you have seen and know the names written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

you aren't quite that vapid, are you? the poster is clearly saying that there are an awful lot of pretend christians who understand nothing of jesus' teachings.

That's hardly what I find offensive. If you condone such language and vulgarity, then you must be of the same uncouth class he is.

condone what language? i find your politics vulgar. *shrug*

but i wasn't condoning vulgarity. and if you notice, i don't post in vulgarities.

This is what Christians do---they learn every teaching from Jesus and then apply every teaching from Jesus--who taught this---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God---- so then one learns every utterance from God and applys them---if one has not done this---they are not a real Christian.
And the #1 reason most cannot be bothered to do just that is because some teacher of darkness assured them--you are saved or born again, even though he hasn't a clue to whos name is written in Gods book of life. From these teachers---RUN.

Are you claiming that you have seen and know the names written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

you aren't quite that vapid, are you? the poster is clearly saying that there are an awful lot of pretend christians who understand nothing of jesus' teachings.

That's hardly what I find offensive. If you condone such language and vulgarity, then you must be of the same uncouth class he is.

but i wasn't condoning vulgarity. and if you notice, i don't post in vulgarities.

Neither do I post in vulgarities. It is totally uncalled for. Also as far as your politics, I could care less and the same goes for your religion or lack thereof. Your views do not effect me in the least. If you don't like a particular politician, fine. If you hate God or Christians, fine. I am adult enough and old enough to accept the diversity of other people and their views although I do acknowledge that many people cannot abide others having views that differ from theirs. That is no problem of mine however, it is theirs.

To be a Christian one has to believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. However, this alone is not enough. A true Christian loves God with every fiber of their being and finally, loves others as he does himself. This is it in a nutshell. All else follows from these three fundamentals.

Anyone who owns a gun can't call themselves a Christian. Jesus wouldn't have approved of a killing machine. Well, except a cross. :D

The right to defend oneself and the duty to come to the aide of others, is not denied to Christians. A gun is only a tool. How it is used makes it good or evil.

Neither do I post in vulgarities. It is totally uncalled for. Also as far as your politics, I could care less and the same goes for your religion or lack thereof. Your views do not effect me in the least. If you don't like a particular politician, fine. If you hate God or Christians, fine. I am adult enough and old enough to accept the diversity of other people and their views although I do acknowledge that many people cannot abide others having views that differ from theirs. That is no problem of mine however, it is theirs.

I have no issue with people disagreeing with me. I take issue with dishonesty and ignorance. That said, I don't hate anyone though I think certain people are hateful.

And for the record I'm not an atheist. I just expect people to stick to their own religious beliefs and not legislate their own dogma. That seems fair and consistent with the secular government intentionally established by the founders.

Oh on a personal note I always asked if something I posted would embarrass my son or reflect badly on my employer/position. Seemed the way to go for me.

I have no issue with people disagreeing with me. I take issue with dishonesty and ignorance. That said, I don't hate anyone though I think certain people are hateful.

And for the record I'm not an atheist. I just expect people to stick to their own religious beliefs and not legislate their own dogma. That seems fair and consistent with the secular government intentionally established by the founders.

Who is it that has legislated for their own dogma? I know the voters as a majority voted against gay marriage in several states but that was the wish of a majority of the people in those states. The SCOTUS voided the wishes of the people when they struck down the bans in those states.
As far as dishonesty and ignorance, we're always going to have both.

Anyone who owns a gun can't call themselves a Christian. Jesus wouldn't have approved of a killing machine. Well, except a cross. :D

The right to defend oneself and the duty to come to the aide of others, is not denied to Christians. A gun is only a tool. How it is used makes it good or evil.

Jesus taught--- return evil for evil to no one. He taught--return -LOVE- to your enemy. As well--vengeance is mine said the Lord. Few know Jesus.

To be a Christian one has to believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. However, this alone is not enough. A true Christian loves God with every fiber of their being and finally, loves others as he does himself. This is it in a nutshell. All else follows from these three fundamentals.

These at Matt 7:22-23 believe Jesus is Lord and Savior--yet Jesus never even knew them. Jesus pointed out in verse 21---- only those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom--love plays an important role, but other requirements on the mortals part are important as well.

I wonder how many of the God haters and atheists sleep with a pistol underneath their pillows terrified that the mean old Christians from the Baptist church down the road will come and get them some dark night? What a bunch of losers.

Who is it that has legislated for their own dogma? I know the voters as a majority voted against gay marriage in several states but that was the wish of a majority of the people in those states. The SCOTUS voided the wishes of the people when they struck down the bans in those states.
As far as dishonesty and ignorance, we're always going to have both.

People voted against desegregation too. That's exactly what I'm talking about. And it's the job of the court to get in the way of things that violate equal protection laws.

Your reaction speaks volumes.

do you not understand the role of the court?

Many use a gun to defend themselves with. Many use a gun to provide food for their families with. Jesus spoke of robbers that enter a man's house to steal his goods. And the man righteously kills the robbers.
Your judgement is wrong.
Jesus never spoke of anything, that shit's all made up. And he certainly never said it was ok to pack. Guns didn't exist back then. You lose.
Prove that it's made up or YOU lose.
The oldest known manuscripts of the entire Christian Bible are the Codex Sinaiticus, so named because it was found at a monastery on Mt. Sinai, and the Codex Vaticanus, which takes its name from the Vatican library where it now resides. Both are dated to approximately 350 A.D.
Biblical scholars have discovered older fragments of the Bible of varying size and condition. The oldest known fragment we have from the New Testament is a tiny section of John’s gospel that contains part of only seven lines in Greek. This fragment is dated to about 125 AD.
Now you know.

If you don't believe Mary was literally impregnated by God you can't call yourself a Christian but many do. They don't realize if all that's made up then maybe God is too
Everyone knows that Mary was assfucked and some of the cum dribbled into her pussy. That's how she got pregnant but stayed a virgin.

Your post proves you are a vulgar and uncouth individual who should probably be locked away in an institution.
Your post proves that you have no sense of humour, and well, know nothing about sex.

If you don't believe Mary was literally impregnated by God you can't call yourself a Christian but many do. They don't realize if all that's made up then maybe God is too
Everyone knows that Mary was assfucked and some of the cum dribbled into her pussy. That's how she got pregnant but stayed a virgin.

Your post proves you are a vulgar and uncouth individual who should probably be locked away in an institution.
For making fun of a fairytale? What if he said the 7 dwarfs ran a train on sleeping beauty like 7 bill Cosby's?

At least you don't want to kill him for making fun. That would be your retarded cousins the Muslims.

No. Not at all. I ridicule him for his profanity and lack of any class in his post. I personally find such remarks to be offensive to myself and most especially to any ladies on here. The man is a barbarian.
There are "ladies" on here? Who knew?
I'm a "barbarian"? To quote the original barbarian: SHNAKES!!!

For making fun of a fairytale? What if he said the 7 dwarfs ran a train on sleeping beauty like 7 bill Cosby's?

At least you don't want to kill him for making fun. That would be your retarded cousins the Muslims.
You are as sick as who you defend.
Who am I defending? I'm making fun of you not defending anyone. You're all nucking futs.

His reply was a bit over the top offensive. But when he sees where our society is being controlled by ancient superstitions, its time to wake up. We can be nice once the patients are cured of their delusions. We're better than that. No one ever met God. Not Joseph Smith Mohammad moses Adam Noah Abraham Ishmael and the Jesus story is the greatest story ever told. Better than Homer's classics
Ok, what's offensive about the ways they could have impregnated a virgin? Either what I said, or Joseph whacks off into Mary's holy hole opening, or someone blows Joseph and spits it in. One of these methods is how Mary got impregnated. I'm a realist. Santa Claus doesn't actually exist.

You are as sick as who you defend.
Who am I defending? I'm making fun of you not defending anyone. You're all nucking futs.

His reply was a bit over the top offensive. But when he sees where our society is being controlled by ancient superstitions, its time to wake up. We can be nice once the patients are cured of their delusions. We're better than that. No one ever met God. Not Joseph Smith Mohammad moses Adam Noah Abraham Ishmael and the Jesus story is the greatest story ever told. Better than Homer's classics
Making fun of what you have no clue about, makes you a moron. Your sexual perversion makes you a sick moron. Here's a clue....you don't get to dictate what is true and what is a fairy tale....it just makes you a pompous ass.
Have proof = true
Have no proof = fairy tale.

:thanks:

Guns are made to kill. That kinda edges 'em over to the evil side. :D

I wonder how many of the God haters and atheists sleep with a pistol underneath their pillows terrified that the mean old Christians from the Baptist church down the road will come and get them some dark night? What a bunch of losers.
I would bet that most criminals and other evil doers were raised by Christians in the US.

.[/QUOTE] I have no issue with people disagreeing with me. I take issue with dishonesty and ignorance. That said, I don't hate anyone though I think certain people are hateful.

Oh on a personal note I always asked if something I posted would embarrass my son or reflect badly on my employer/position. Seemed the way to go for me.[/QUOTE]

Jillian:

I respect and agree with everything you said, except the part about the United States having a secular government intentionally established by the Founders. The Founders were, for the most part, Christians. Being so they created a government which was fundamentally Christian. It was fundamentally Christian because enshrined within its Constitution is the uniquely Christian principle of the separation of church and state. Christians love their fellow me as they do themselves and because of this fundamental principal, a good Christian respects the religious beliefs of others. One cannot truly respect the religious beliefs of others if their religion makes them second class citizens in the nation of their birth. Secondly, Christianity is a religion of moral principles; not one of rules and commandments which are inviolate and must be obeyed. This being the case, a Christian wants other to come to God of their own will and volition, not because some archaic law says they should. Finally, Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and render unto God that which is Gods". From this it should be clear that Jesus Christ cared less about the laws which man lived under and only cared about ones personal relationship with God.

Yes, America is a Christian nation and within a Christian nation all men are equal in the eyes of God and under the law.

Oh on a personal note I always asked if something I posted would embarrass my son or reflect badly on my employer/position. Seemed the way to go for me.[/QUOTE]

Jillian:

I respect and agree with everything you said, except the part about the United States having a secular government intentionally established by the Founders. The Founders were, for the most part, Christians. Being so they created a government which was fundamentally Christian. It was fundamentally Christian because enshrined within its Constitution is the uniquely Christian principle of the separation of church and state. Christians love their fellow me as they do themselves and because of this fundamental principal, a good Christian respects the religious beliefs of others. One cannot truly respect the religious beliefs of others if their religion makes them second class citizens in the nation of their birth. Secondly, Christianity is a religion of moral principles; not one of rules and commandments which are inviolate and must be obeyed. This being the case, a Christian wants other to come to God of their own will and volition, not because some archaic law says they should. Finally, Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and render unto God that which is Gods". From this it should be clear that Jesus Christ cared less about the laws which man lived under and only cared about ones personal relationship with God.

Yes, America is a Christian nation and within a Christian nation all men are equal in the eyes of God and under the law.[/QUOTE]
No but nice try. Christianity didn't want separation of church and state and not all the founders were Christians and not all Christians agree on what the rules are. There must have been enough history with religion and disagreement that they knew to leave religion out.

Christianity has one rule that I have a problem with. Believe their story or burn in hell. I don't believe their story and I don't believe I'll burn in hell for it either. This is why we are not a Christian nation. Not all Americans believe that.

Forum List

Back