Are We Born With Morals?

Or do we learn them? I think we learn them because Humans are capable of great goodness as well as great evil when unchecked by those around them. Society's agreed upon morality (understood rules of decency) is the definition of morality. Today, the largest 'agreed upon' definition of morality is the MSM and Hollywood.

It's the eternal story of Nature versus Nurture.

"The "nature vs. nurture" argument rages on as scientists debate how much of who we are is shaped by genetic factors and how much is a result of environmental factors."

My personal opinion is that is a bit of both. :dunno:

......why are females '''''better''' 'at '''choosing''' not to kill?.....

They aren't. They have fewer means and opportunities. They are smarter than men, and give more thought to consequences.
AND--AND--a lot of serial killers have very HIGH IQs
another BOOM baby that destroys your babble crap

Oh, did you change the topic to “serial killers” now?

I think he's trying to say serial murderers are most immoral and the ones with high IQ get away with it and aren't caught for a long time. Usually, there has to be some kind of break for law enforcement to catch them. They are probably the most scary.

One low IQ serial killer was a cannibal and knew human meat tasted like pork. He mixed it up with some pork so no one could tell the difference and sold roast beef and pork sandwiches at a roadside stand. When the meat was gone, he went after female prostitutes again. That prolly qualifies as off the charts on the immoral list.
wrong--he said females don't murder as much because they are smarter than males
---85%!!!!

They aren't. They have fewer means and opportunities. They are smarter than men, and give more thought to consequences.
AND--AND--a lot of serial killers have very HIGH IQs
another BOOM baby that destroys your babble crap

Oh, did you change the topic to “serial killers” now?
last time I checked, serial killers are murderers
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you specify a particular kind of murderer at the onset, dummy? Be careful moving those goal posts. You might throw out your back.
....yes---you can't refute any of it..you are babbling = you KNOW you are a loser
''specify a particular kind of murderer''' = hahahahahhahahahah..they are all murderers
....hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaha

You are hoping that if you laugh long enough people won’t notice how obviously you move the goalposts. It’s not working. Keep laughing, stupid.
...no need to move the goalposts when you are obviously just babbling crap
..you said women are smarter--that's why they don't murder as much = big time HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

stop the stupid shit --we all know males murder more because they are more physiologically aggressive/etc ....
85%!!!

Or do we learn them? I think we learn them because Humans are capable of great goodness as well as great evil when unchecked by those around them. Society's agreed upon morality (understood rules of decency) is the definition of morality. Today, the largest 'agreed upon' definition of morality is the MSM and Hollywood.
We are hardwired for it.

The baby is then presented with the two bunnies from the show. A staff member who doesn't know which bunny was mean and which bunny was nice will offer both bunnies at the same time to the baby. The baby's mother, who is usually present during the study, closes her eyes so as not to influence the baby in any way.
Which bunny do the babies choose? More than 80% of the babies in the study showed their preference for the good bunny, either by reaching for the good bunny or staring at it. And with 3-month-olds, that number goes higher, to 87%.

Hugh aced it!

1606000166086.png

~S~

We are hardwired for it.

The baby is then presented with the two bunnies from the show. A staff member who doesn't know which bunny was mean and which bunny was nice will offer both bunnies at the same time to the baby. The baby's mother, who is usually present during the study, closes her eyes so as not to influence the baby in any way.
Which bunny do the babies choose? More than 80% of the babies in the study showed their preference for the good bunny, either by reaching for the good bunny or staring at it. And with 3-month-olds, that number goes higher, to 87%.

Hugh aced it!

View attachment 419634
SINNERS LUSTERS

Logic... like truth is waiting to be discovered.

Einstein didn't create E=mc^2. Einstein discovered E=mc^2.
which one -

are you saying math has multiple consequences as logic, not the same ... right vs wrong is not a theorem.
Which one what?

I am saying that logic and truth exist independent of man.
which logic and truth - the two political parties disagree the others is valid ...

to reach the Everlasting is just to triumph over evil has nothing to do with future decisions being preset to some pre determined conclusion.

get real, playing with dolls is not the same as playing with toy soldiers -

which one -

are you saying math has multiple consequences as logic, not the same ... right vs wrong is not a theorem.
Which one what?

which logic and truth - the two political parties disagree the others is valid ...

to reach the Everlasting is just to triumph over evil has nothing to do with future decisions being preset to some pre determined conclusion.
God is infinite logic. God is infinite truth.

And you are bringing up politics?

to reach the Everlasting all one must do is to love God with all their heart and He will take care of everything else.

Morals are effectively standards. For any given thing there exists a standard which is the highest possible standard. This standard exists independent of anything else. Standards exists for logical reasons. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed independent of man and based upon logic.
So gay people are deviating from your standard. And?
What's my standard?
The one you're talking about, what else, lol.
You made a statement like you knew what the standard was. What's the standard?
The one in big blue letters, lol.
What's the logical reason?
According to you, it's this "Standards exists for logical reasons. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed independent of man and based upon logic."
But it's not logical

which one -

Which one what?

to reach the Everlasting all one must do is to love God with all their heart and He will take care of everything else.
the above is senseless on multiple levels ... as usual. you claim finite in one post then ballistic infinite in the next and equate your ridiculous religion as being systemic to both.

both are variable depending on which political party is the most recent victor.

which one -

Which one what?

the above is senseless on multiple levels ... as usual. you claim finite in one post then ballistic infinite in the next and equate your ridiculous religion as being systemic to both.

God is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite intelligence, infinite wisdom, infinite knowledge, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite justice, infinite mercy, infinite kindness and infinite goodness. I am not saying God has those attributes. I am saying God is those attributes.

Morals are effectively standards. For any given thing there exists a standard which is the highest possible standard. This standard exists independent of anything else. Standards exists for logical reasons. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed independent of man and based upon logic.
What's my standard?
According to you, it's this "Standards exists for logical reasons. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed independent of man and based upon logic."
But it's not logical
Why isn't it logical, Taz?

Its a question of nurture only.

which one -

Which one what?

God is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite intelligence, infinite wisdom, infinite knowledge, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite justice, infinite mercy, infinite kindness and infinite goodness. I am not saying God has those attributes. I am saying God is those attributes.
God is a creation of mans infinite stupidity and fear. Nothing else.

Its a question of nurture only.
That's not the current thinking in science.

which one -

Which one what?

God is a creation of mans infinite stupidity and fear. Nothing else.
So it's just a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence?

What's my standard?
But it's not logical
You assume things as though they are universal truths, which they aren't, and they aren't backed up by anything credible, so again, not proven, simply your personal opinion. Know the difference.

What's my standard?
But it's not logical
You assume things as though they are universal truths, which they aren't, and they aren't backed up by anything credible, so again, not proven, simply your personal opinion. Know the difference.
Logic is a universal truth. :)

What's my standard?
But it's not logical
Do you believe that all behaviors lead to equal outcomes, Taz?

Forum List

Back