Are We Born With Morals?

Morals are effectively standards. For any given thing there exists a standard which is the highest possible standard. This standard exists independent of anything else. Standards exists for logical reasons. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed independent of man and based upon logic.
So gay people are deviating from your standard. And?
What's my standard?

Morals are effectively standards. For any given thing there exists a standard which is the highest possible standard. This standard exists independent of anything else. Standards exists for logical reasons. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed independent of man and based upon logic.
What's my standard?
The one you're talking about, what else, lol.

What's my standard?
You made a statement like you knew what the standard was. What's the standard?

......why are females '''''better''' 'at '''choosing''' not to kill?.....

They aren't. They have fewer means and opportunities. They are smarter than men, and give more thought to consequences.
!!!!!YES YES YES-----you don't even realize you contradict yourself!!!
..if they are smarter, that means the males do NOT have total free will....
AND, that's bullshit anyway--we know why--men have higher levels of testosterone/etc...men are NATURALLY--created--to be more aggressive/etc .....cut it anyway you want---god or evolution--created males to be more aggressive and have the means
....''have the means''--WTF does that even mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Or do we learn them? I think we learn them because Humans are capable of great goodness as well as great evil when unchecked by those around them. Society's agreed upon morality (understood rules of decency) is the definition of morality. Today, the largest 'agreed upon' definition of morality is the MSM and Hollywood.

Good topic.

I agree with that we learn them. We learn from our parents and people we look up to. The church or groups we belong to and their peoples influence us, too.

However, we still have free will so one can do great good or the other. I suppose it still comes down to the person.

We can choose to be Republican or Democrat.

I couldn't sleep that well tonight, so just read about this story and now I'm wide awake :oops:.

"At the age of 5, Kraft was enrolled in the Midway City Elementary school. Although a working mother, Opal was was a member of the PTA, baked cookies for Cub Scout meetings, and was active at church, making certain that her children received Bible lessons.

Kraft excelled at school where he was recognized as an above-average student. In junior high school, he was placed in the advanced curriculum program and continued to maintain excellent grades. It was during these years that his interest in conservative politics grew and he proudly declared himself a diehard Republican.

By the time Kraft entered high school, he was the only child still living at home. His sisters had married and moved into homes of their own. Since both his parents worked and were not often around, Kraft was fairly independent. He had his own room, his own car, and money he earned working part-time jobs.

Kraft seemed like a typical fun-loving kid. While he was academically gifted, Kraft got along well with his peers. He played the saxophone in the school band, enjoyed tennis, and was a founder and participant in a student club focused on conservative politics. Kraft graduated high school at the age of 18, ranking 10th in his class of 390 students."

Afterward, he went away to college and that's when his sexual leanings from high school and the liberal lifestyle swayed him as a collegiate sophomore.

"During his final year of high school and unbeknownst to his family, Kraft began cruising gay bars. After graduating, Kraft enrolled at Claremont Men's College on a full scholarship where he majored in economics. His interest in conservative politics continued, and he often attended pro-Vietnam war demonstrations. Kraft joined the Reserve Officers Training Corps, and in 1964, was a staunch supporter of Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.

During his sophomore year of college, Kraft became involved in his first openly homosexual relationship. He also changed his political affiliation from conservative to left-wing liberal. (He would later explain his years as a conservative as merely an effort to be like his parents.)"

So what's so immoral about that, you say? Read his story. He turned evil. The Dems will blame the Pubs and Pubs will blame the Dems.

if we have free will--answer this:
why are over 85% of murders committed by males?...why are females '''''better''' 'at '''choosing''' not to kill?...let me repeat that HUGE number--over 85%

uhm........ girls are better at GETTING AWAY WITH IT????????
getting away with NOT murdering????!!!!!!!!

ask me no questions, and I will tell you no lies

What's my standard?
The one in big blue letters, lol.

What's my standard?
The one in big blue letters, lol.
What's the logical reason?

They aren't. They have fewer means and opportunities. They are smarter than men, and give more thought to consequences.
!!!!!YES YES YES-----you don't even realize you contradict yourself!!!
..if they are smarter, that means the males do NOT have total free will....

That is not a logical conclusion, dummy.

AND--AND--a lot of serial killers have very HIGH IQs
another BOOM baby that destroys your babble crap

Oh, did you change the topic to “serial killers” now?

last time I checked, serial killers are murderers
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you specify a particular kind of murderer at the onset, dummy? Be careful moving those goal posts. You might throw out your back.

A baby is totally reliant on others (typically their parents) for survival. Human contact is inexorably linked to the development of a human being's empathy for others. To me, that is the start of a person's learning about, and later on, applying human morals in a structured society. As the child develops, he/she learns by either being scolded or rewarded for 'acceptable' behavior. If that 'acceptable' behavior is incongruent with accepted societal norms and morals they we say their action is either amoral (they don't know any better) or immoral (they know better but somehow don't care). That is not innate it is learned.

Did you specify a particular kind of murderer at the onset, dummy? Be careful moving those goal posts. You might throw out your back.
....yes---you can't refute any of it..you are babbling = you KNOW you are a loser
''specify a particular kind of murderer''' = hahahahahhahahahah..they are all murderers
....hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaha

....yes---you can't refute any of it..you are babbling = you KNOW you are a loser
''specify a particular kind of murderer''' = hahahahahhahahahah..they are all murderers
....hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaha

You are hoping that if you laugh long enough people won’t notice how obviously you move the goalposts. It’s not working. Keep laughing, stupid.

I think he's trying to say serial murderers are most immoral and the ones with high IQ get away with it and aren't caught for a long time. Usually, there has to be some kind of break for law enforcement to catch them. They are probably the most scary.

One low IQ serial killer was a cannibal and knew human meat tasted like pork. He mixed it up with some pork so no one could tell the difference and sold roast beef and pork sandwiches at a roadside stand. When the meat was gone, he went after female prostitutes again. That prolly qualifies as off the charts on the immoral list.

Forum List

Back