Are we at herd immunity? If not please explain why not.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
Estimated total cases in the US - 81 Million

Asymptomatic persons in the US - 132mil

Total Vaccinated - 34 mil

Total Safe = 247mil or 75%

So at 75% are we not at herd immunity? Why didn't Joe Biden state as such? I would recommend listening to the podcast.

So at 75% are we not at herd immunity? Why didn't Joe Biden state as such? I would recommend listening to the podcast.

That 40% is just an estimate, not fact.

Estimate made on logical science. Trust the science. It could be higher too.

The herd immunity level is estimated at between 70%-95%. We're not there.

We don't know how many have had it.

We know some who have had it can get it again.

We know vaccines aren't 100% effective.

We don't know how long immunity lasts.

The mostly-Immunity doesn't kick in until about 2 weeks after the vaccine is adminstered.

And even after herd immunity, a whole lot of people can still die as the epidemic is declining.

The herd immunity level is estimated at between 70%-95%. We're not there.

We don't know how many have had it.

We know some who have had it can get it again.

We know vaccines aren't 100% effective.

We don't know how long immunity lasts.

The mostly-Immunity doesn't kick in until about 2 weeks after the vaccine is adminstered.

And even after herd immunity, a whole lot of people can still die as the epidemic is declining.
The numbers above consist of 2 shots....I did not show 1 shot only. I show 75%....you said 70% - 95% = herd immunity...link please...

Let's start with the error in your calculations. They aren't saying that 40% of Americans are infected and asymptomatic, they are saying 40% of infected are asymptomatic.

Let's start with the error in your calculations. They aren't saying that 40% of Americans are infected and asymptomatic, they are saying 40% of infected are asymptomatic.
So what % of Americans won't get the infection or if they do won't have any symptoms?

So what % of Americans won't get the infection or if they do won't have any symptoms?

So the answer to your dumb question is no, we are not at heard immunity.

Why do you have to be so nasty? I asked a simple question.

And you're wrong

Nothing about Covid is fact.

Herd immunity will happen, naturally and with vaccines to help. I remain more optimistic than the MSM (current estimates by various media sources is by 2022 for global immunity) but considering how they error towards caution I'll hope for sooner.

"India, a country of 1.3 billion people, has registered the world's second-highest number of coronavirus infections, at about 11 million. Experts say the real number of infections in the country could be much higher than the official figure. Only the United States has recorded more COVID cases than India. But, in recent weeks, new coronavirus cases and deaths have plummeted in the country, prompting many people here to believe the worst phase of the pandemic is finally over.

A couple things about the approved vaccines is: unknown duration of protection (the article below is informative about that aspect- it could protect from 3 weeks out until various limits), the need for booster shots (think annually like the flu one) will be developed and encouraged due to variances that will continue to occur and won't be covered under the currently approved vaccines (some give percentage of likelihood of protection, however). Long term studies will come into play regarding cross-sectional outcomes which will not happen for some time. This is what I am most interested to find out, along with millions of other people.

That being said, the article linked below details how efforts to release an effective antiviral pill and perhaps nasal spray are in the works. Currently several studies underway with promising outcomes. One possibility: "Researchers are guardedly optimistic about molnupiravir, a nucleoside analog that can be taken as a pill and was originally developed to combat influenza. Last year, concerns swirled around the drug after a whistleblower criticized what he saw as an improper effort to steer federal funding to it. But positive results have kept progress on track". Interesting that a flu treatment might prove effective.

Regarding the path of an effective antiviral drug: “This is going to take time,” says Michael Sofia, a chief scientific officer with Arbutus Biopharma, a Canadian antiviral company. And money. According to recent estimates, bringing a new drug to market costs between $985 million and $2.8 billion. Anderson says Pfizer, for one, is committing company resources to defeating the pandemic without expectation of profit. Other companies say the same. But during previous lulls in infectious disease outbreaks, many drug companies abandoned work on antivirals. “As soon as this stops being a hot area, people will move on,” Nwankwo says.

"Are we there yet?"
No, we're not.

Wait until you get the all clear from your state's CDC. They know what they're doing. We can fling numbers around all day and pretend to be experts, but THEY are, we're not.

Be patient, and if you can't be patient, at least don't try to convince people it's all over.

Why do you have to be so nasty? I asked a simple question.

And you're wrong

NASTY?? Go back to Israel traitor

Forum List

Back