Are There Any Hopeless Romantics On This Board?

Well I had my spooky season, turkey, and decorated the Christmas tree and got my Christmas presents and now I'm starting to get REALLY excited for Valentine's Day this year because it means a week over at my fiancée's!!! :D I just bought him his Valentine's Day card and some candy today and we also have a dinner and hopefully some dancing planned. Plus a few days after our week together he'll be over for my birthday since it's on the twentieth. :) I love the spookiest and merriest (and luckiest for Saint Patrick's Day) time of the year, but I'm definitely ready for the most romantic time of the year. 😍

View attachment 751130
I quit supporting Hallmark and the chocolate companies years ago. We're going to HI for two weeks.

Bought the wife 2 dozen large on our last Anniversary. Didnt bother asking the price. When she told me the cost I slowly turned around and asked what did you say. Was $250. Stood and talked with her for awhile and got a quick lesson on what covid did to the Florist industry.
Our first Valentine's I was Pooooooor. I bought a piece of chocolate and a cheap card. Thought I'd never hear the end of it. Fifty-one years later, we don't support corporate holidays. Romantic stuff can happen on Mar. 3rd or May 10th or Aug. 4th or Oct. 11th or......

Our first Valentine's I was Pooooooor. I bought a piece of chocolate and a cheap card. Thought I'd never hear the end of it. Fifty-one years later, we don't support corporate holidays. Romantic stuff can happen on Mar. 3rd or May 10th or Aug. 4th or Oct. 11th or......
Yes!! If you reserve your romantic times for Feb 14th, you aren't in love.

Valentines Day means getting away with showing affection for your significant other on one day out of the year. Sweets for the sweet? Probably the second biggest day for candy consumption after Halloween.

Last edited:
About 2 weeks until Valentines Day,

Two weeks from Tuesday exactly.

I quit supporting Hallmark and the chocolate companies years ago. We're going to HI for two weeks.

Well Valentine's Day isn't too much of a Hallmark holiday, but I hope that you have a great time though!! :D

Yes!! If you reserve your romantic times for Feb 14th, you aren't in love.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean that you can't have special occasions though.

my hubby is a bit old school...he figures he comes home daily and tosses a check on the table weekly....thats romance to him...so yesterday he tells me there is an ice sculpture event in blowing rock as part of their winter festival....reads to me the article saying starts at noon etc...blowing rock is crowded on the daily...so we head over...he takes me this shitty place for lunch...has a good view...i cant eat the damn view...he keeps saying his burger is so fucking good...my pork belly taco sucked...we leave and go back downtown...the truck is unloading the ice stuff in boxes...hubby goes and talks to a lady talking to the truck people...bottom line...he is one day early...the ice sculpture starts today

we come home..he finds the article and it did say it started that day...i seriously doubt we will go back today...

Well I had my spooky season, turkey, and decorated the Christmas tree and got my Christmas presents and now I'm starting to get REALLY excited for Valentine's Day this year because it means a week over at my fiancée's!!! :D I just bought him his Valentine's Day card and some candy today and we also have a dinner and hopefully some dancing planned. Plus a few days after our week together he'll be over for my birthday since it's on the twentieth. :) I love the spookiest and merriest (and luckiest for Saint Patrick's Day) time of the year, but I'm definitely ready for the most romantic time of the year. 😍

View attachment 751130

I am a hopeless romantic, but not big on Valentine's Day. I don't mind it, but it's not a favorite. IMO every day is a great day to tell my hubby he's my favorite in the world. :)

i am too practical ...i dont care to go out on holidays when they run outta food and the staff is grumpy...after 40 valentines or more...we are just kinda staying home...we normally buy something out of the ordinary to have for dinner...hubby's birthday is just a few days after then our wedding anniversary ..we just burn out fast..and buying roses in feb...they are imported from south american and will wilt fast...dont buy roses that the buds arent tight...
My wife likes tulips more and they last longer and are cheaper. And she also gets TWO LIPS as well! 😆

Yeah, we don't really care to get all crazy for holidays like this, though we WILL usually prepare something special and get some goodies, maybe... We are in our 50's and relaxation is the best way to celebrate most holidays now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back