St. Patty's Party (Wherever)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Saint Patrick's Day, or the Feast of Saint Patrick (Irish: Lá Fhéile Pádraig, "the Day of the Festival of Patrick"), is a cultural and religious celebration held on 17 March, the traditional death date of Saint Patrick (c. AD 385–461), the foremost patron saint of Ireland.

Saint Patrick's Day was made an official Christian feast day in the early 17th century and is observed by the Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion (especially the Church of Ireland), the Eastern Orthodox Church, and the Lutheran Church. The day commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland, and celebrates the heritage and culture of the Irish in general. Celebrations generally involve public parades and festivals, cèilidhs, and the wearing of green attire or shamrocks. Christians who belong to liturgical denominations also attend church services and historically the Lenten restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol were lifted for the day, which has encouraged and propagated the holiday's tradition of alcohol consumption (source of information: Wikipedia).

This year, St. Patty's Day falls on a Saturday(!), which is perfect for party-goers and/or TV-watchers excited about a horror-film marathon of Leprechaun (ya know, that ghoulish film about the evil leprechaun Lubdan).

Since St. Patrick's Day (or 'St. Patty's Day') is perfect for green-costumes and green alcohol or just plain old Baileys Irish Cream, it's the right occasion (especially on a Saturday evening!) to unwind to the patriotic pro-pluralism political American in you yearning to embrace the colourful zest of Irish/Catholic culture (even if you're not Irish/Catholic!).

There's nothing really funny about St. Patrick...

u4.jpg

====

"I'm dressing up my baby Sive in a leprechaun costume so he's not afraid of Lubdan when he gets older. I don't want Sive to become too indulgent with Baileys. I also intend to take him to Dublin for his 13th birthday...yay!"

u1.jpg

"I dress up in festive Irish-mythos costume/gear with my boyfriend every St. Patty's Day, and this year, we're hosting a high-school reunion party of sorts at an Irish-American pub in upstate New York (USA). As long as my boyfriend does not drink too much Baileys, we'll be fine, and I can remove the Lubdan-curse from my boyfriend's brain (so he'll finally propose!)."

u2.jpg

"We're inviting a group of fun-loving characters to a Vegas St. Patty's Day party, since we're not paranoid about more terrorism-oriented Vegas shootings. The Trump Administration has promised to step up Homeland Security for all public sites and venues, so Americans can finally start forgetting about Pearl Harbor and 9/11...yay! Also, there will be attractive Irish-American lassies at the party drinking Baileys. Go Vegas! Go Eagles!"

u5.jpg

"If you don't have a St. Patty's Day Party invitation-card from former U.S. President Bill Clinton, you're not invited to this special pseudo-political peace-treaty themed Baileys party which will see various global icons and media-diplomats attending including Gerry Adams, Dolores O'Riordan, and Ted Kennedy! Even if some of the attendees are ghosts, we toast the fond memory of Charles Parnell. St. Patrick was a real saint. Go Irish! Go Notre Dame!"

====

u3.jpg

Forum List

Back