Are Some Cultures Superior to Others?

• Total voters
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_bKJ11O0M]Thomas Sowell - Culture Matters - YouTube[/ame]

Do you have anything else to say on any topic? Every fucking post you make here is this exact same one. Save up some extra money and buy another thought.

I was thinking the same. Just another stupid trolling post to stir things up with referencing links or FACTS!

You think the question is not a valid one? Indeed, I think Thomas Sowell is one of the most learned academics on culture in our lifetime. I think that should suffice as facts enough. I would love for someone to argue with but I think most who take the poll will be in agreement.

Last edited:
Lived in the state off and on for more than 30 years.

I know of what I speak.

Dominican and Haitian are on a peer with Texas.

Both nations have troubles with racism, class, and religion like Texas.

other

It depends on you point of view.

romans thought roman culture was awesome, so awesome that anyone that didn't want to be roman got killed.

the cherokee or comachee, thought they were so cool, that when horses showed up, they quickly developed the horse lance and committed genocide on another tribe

buddist were peace loving people, that's why their monks were considered the deadliest fighters for a really long time

basically, everyone will think what they are in is best. unless its a festering shithole

other

It depends on you point of view.

romans thought roman culture was awesome, so awesome that anyone that didn't want to be roman got killed.

the cherokee or comachee, thought they were so cool, that when horses showed up, they quickly developed the horse lance and committed genocide on another tribe

buddist were peace loving people, that's why their monks were considered the deadliest fighters for a really long time

basically, everyone will think what they are in is best. unless its a festering shithole

Ladies and gentlemen we call this cultural relativism. It refuses to assess the superiority of any culture and asserts that all cultures are equal by virtue of their prospective of their value system no matter how ass backwards they are, although, he seems to have included a concession of the like. The Romans did not ask the people they conquered to become Roman. They asked them to submit to Roman rule. The Comanche's belief that they could wage war against a superior culture is what lead to their demise, and Buddhists were not a peace loving people. Cultural relativism is crap and it leads to the tolerance of really crappy violent cultures who would take your head off had they the opportunity. This fits in well with leftist foreign policy and cultural relativism is indeed a cultural Marxist product of the left.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYEOSCIOnrs]Penn & Teller: Dalai Lama and Tibet - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back