Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

It matters if you are arguing they have no control over acting upon it (which it seems you are) and use that as a justification for acting upon it (which it seems you are).
No I am not arguing that gays have no control over acting on their desires . I am arguing that they are attracted to others of the same gender and THAT is the essence of who they are. I am arguing that they SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CONTROL what they act on any more than a heterosexual has to control what they act on in terms of their attractions and desires. What part of that do you not get?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL
Homosexuality is a "mental disorder" as defined by Science until recent history when the Philosophy of Psychology redefined it beginning in the 1960s. As recently as 1968......psychology even agreed with such. The DSM ll published in 1968 (the first edition was published in the 50s) since that time in the 50s homosexuality has been upgraded from a SIN to a Mental Disorder......today, its re-defined as natural, normal. Facts never change......opinions may vary but a fact will always be a fact, and facts are 100% truths.

DSM: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

The word eunuch doesn't mean homosexual.

Natural eunuchs include those who are born with a physical defect, but they also comprise those who are born with no real desire for marriage or sex. Forced eunuchs are those who have been castrated for whatever reason. Voluntary eunuchs are those who, in order to better serve the Lord in some capacity, choose to forego marriage.​
What do you think they called them back then? They did have them, right?

No , not a decision but not the same thing. Pedophilia and bestiality are harmful practices. Loving someone of the same sex in a consensual relationship is not. You accuse me of a slippery slope logical fallacy, but you are guilty of a false equivalency and a red herring fallacy
What does that matter? They can't help themselves because they were born that way, right?

No I am not arguing that gays have no control over acting on their desires . I am arguing that they are attracted to others of the same gender and THAT is the essence of who they are. I am arguing that they SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CONTROL what they act on any more than a heterosexual has to control what they act on in terms of their attractions and desires. What part of that do you not get?
I get all of that. Don't you believe that truth is relative and that morals are decided by society? And what about those people who were born sexually attracted to children and animals? Why don't you care that they have to deny their urges but homosexuals don't?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL
How about Satan?

I get all of that. Don't you believe that truth is relative and that morals are decided by society? And what about those people who were born sexually attracted to children and animals? Why don't you care that they have to deny their urges but homosexuals don't?
Holy fucking shit! You just don't get it! More likely you are just playing stupid. Yes morals are decided by society . And present day society has decided that acts that harm others are immoral. .Child sexual abuse harms children. Sexual attraction between consenting adults harms no one . Are you really that stupid or are you just playing a sick and depraved game here?

The homosexual was created by Satan. Satan was the first homosexual on the Earth.Homosexuality
is a Satanic demon spirit. They take the creative juice of life, and ram it up each others anus ?! That is not of God, but of Satan.

They do not need to help themselves . You need to help yourself. Yes they were born that way. You on the other hand were fed a bunch of poisonous bullshit that you swallowed whole
I don't recall being fed anything. I'm just wondering why you approve of one group embracing their identity and not the other.

Holy fucking shit! You just don't get it! More likely you are just playing stupid. Yes morals are decided by society . And present day society has decided that acts that harm others are immoral. .Child sexual abuse harms children. Sexual attraction between consenting adults harms no one . Are you really that stupid or are you just playing a sick and depraved game here?
I do get it. I don't think you get it. At the heart of this debate are sexual preferences. You seem to be for some sexual preferences but against others. Are you saying that it's ok to squelch the sexual preferences of some but not others?

If there is a god, I find it hard to believe that she would be so ignorant and cruel as to equate murder and robbery to the love of someone who happens to be of the same gender. You and I are living in different realities and the is no hope that we will ever find common ground , so I see no point in this.

How did you manage to pack so much nonsense into such a small space?

I never said you couldn't love someone of the same sex, I love many men. I said I believe homosexuality is wrong......Learn the difference.

As to the question of "can I be wrong" Of course I can be wrong. I am a "high agnostic" I accept the possibility of god but, unlike the arrogance of people like you, I do not believe that we can know the nature of god or what god wants us to be or not be. And I do not relate to the concept of sin. You need to free your mind from fear and superstition and find grounding in the real and rational world so that you can let go of your bigotry and see all human beings for their true worth

What makes you different from me?

"Committed to equality". LOL As long as I agree with you right?!? What about equality of thought/opinions?

Lastly, I will add that many, if not most theologians and clergy persons are not so ridged and dogmatic as you are and actually see gay people as human beings worthy of love and respect. Think about that

I respect all people's right to live their life the way they choose, that doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

Again, why do you feel you can call me a bigot for having a differing opinion, while you're doing the same thing to me? Aren't you a bigot too?

I don't recall being fed anything. I'm just wondering why you approve of one group embracing their identity and not the other.
If you are too intellectually deficient to understand the difference between child sexual abuse and intimacy between two consenting adults - and why I approve of the latter and not the former-there is no hope for you. More likely you are just playing a sick and depraved game using a false equivalency logical fallacy and an appeal to hypocrisy fallacy. Get the hell out of here

Forum List

Back