Are Democrats smart enough ...

Problem with PROGS is they don't understand the cause for things, so effect is WELL beyond them.

I saw this on a professional level quite heavily. "Liberal" welfare setting right. They insert 100+ man-hours into what should take one, and they often end up doing it wrong anyway. The problem (cause) is fucked up so logically the solution (effect) has to be fucked up.

... to realize that "reforming" the filibuster so that they can ram their agenda down our throats will allow Republicans to do exactly the same thing the next time they control Congress? Prolly not.

They clearly didn't learn this lesson after they removed it for judicial nominees.
The Republican party will never get a majority again. Enjoy watching them eat eachother to vie for Trump's support.

Congress is a group who routinely does not see the forest through the trees.
They see just fine. Hence them...you know...introducing over 50 bills to take voting rights. They may play stupid on TV, but they get it IRL.

... to realize that "reforming" the filibuster so that they can ram their agenda down our throats will allow Republicans to do exactly the same thing the next time they control Congress? Prolly not.

They clearly didn't learn this lesson after they removed it for judicial nominees.
They know that the GOP will never do much with it as where the DNC will reshape/transform/mutilate the entire globe to their liking with the filibuster crap.

The GOP are like tits on a bore hog in that they are mostly useless.

The Republican party will never get a majority again. Enjoy watching them eat each other to vie for Trump's support.

LOL. If I had a nickel every time I heard a partisan claim the other party will never be in power again I'd be a very wealthy man.

Odds are in the Republicans' favor to take the majority in the House and Senate after the next midterms. Doesn't mean they will, of course, but history heavily favors that result.

The Republican party will never get a majority again. Enjoy watching them eat each other to vie for Trump's support.

LOL. If I had a nickel every time I heard a partisan claim the other party will never be in power again I'd be a very wealthy man.

Odds are in the Republicans' favor to take the majority in the House and Senate after the next midterms. Doesn't mean they will, of course, but history heavily favors that result.
The 2022 Midterms are extremely friendly to Democrats. If Biden continues to use Reconciliation to send money to people, it'll be a blowout.

��
SubdivisionPVIGovernorState leg.U.S. SenateU.S. HouseGovernorState leg.U.S. SenateU.S. House
Subdivision and PVI[1]Before 2022 electionsAfter 2022 elections
Subdivision2017
PVI
GovernorState leg.U.S. SenateU.S. HouseGovernorState leg.U.S. SenateU.S. House
AlabamaR+14RepRepRepRep 6–1
AlaskaR+9RepSplit[a]RepRep 1–0
ArizonaR+5RepRepDemDem 5–4
ArkansasR+15RepRepRepRep 4–0
CaliforniaD+12DemDemDemDem 42-11
ColoradoD+1DemDemDemDem 4–3
ConnecticutD+6DemDemDemDem 5–0
DelawareD+6DemDemDemDem 1–0DemDem
FloridaR+2RepRepRepRep 16–11
GeorgiaR+5RepRepDemRep 8–6
HawaiiD+18DemDemDemDem 2–0
IdahoR+19RepRepRepRep 2–0
IllinoisD+7DemDemDemDem 13–5
IndianaR+9RepRepRepRep 7–2Rep
IowaR+3RepRepRepRep 3–1
KansasR+13DemRepRepRep 3–1
KentuckyR+15DemRepRepRep 5–1Dem
LouisianaR+11DemRepRepRep 5–1DemRep
MaineD+3DemDemSplit R/I2022 United States elections

MassachusettsD+12RepDemDemDem 9–0Dem
MichiganD+1DemRepDemSplit 7-7Dem
MinnesotaD+1DemSplitDemSplit 4-4Dem
MississippiR+9RepRepRepRep 3–1RepRepRep
MissouriR+9RepRepRepRep 6–2Rep
MontanaR+11RepRepSplitRep 1–0RepSplit
NebraskaR+14RepNPRepRep 3–0Rep
NevadaD+1DemDemDemDem 3–1
New HampshireEvenRepRepDemDem 2–0
New JerseyD+7DemDem 10–2Dem
New MexicoD+3DemDemDemDem 2–1Dem
New YorkD+11DemDemDemDem 19-8
North CarolinaR+3DemRepRepRep 8–5Dem
North DakotaR+17RepRepRepRep 1–0Rep
OhioR+3RepRepSplitRep 12–4
OklahomaR+20RepRepRepRep 5-0
OregonD+5DemDemDemDem 4–1
PennsylvaniaEvenDemRepSplitSplit 9–9
Rhode IslandD+10DemDemDemDem 2–0Dem
South CarolinaR+8RepRepRepRep 6–1
South DakotaR+14RepRepRepRep 1–0
TennesseeR+14RepRepRepRep 7–2Rep
TexasR+8RepRepRepRep 23–13Rep
UtahR+20RepRepRepRep 4-0Rep
VermontD+15RepDemSplit D/I[c]Dem 1–0
VirginiaD+1DemDem 7–4Dem
WashingtonD+7DemDemDemDem 7–3Dem
West VirginiaR+20RepRepSplitRep 3–0RepSplit
WisconsinEvenDemRepSplitRep 5–3
WyomingR+25RepRepRepRep 1–0Rep
United StatesEvenDem 50–50Dem 222-213
Washington, D.C.D+43Dem[d]Dem[d]N/ADemN/A
American SamoaN/ANP/D[e]NPRepNP/D[e]NP
GuamDemDemDem
N. Mariana IslandsRepSplit[f]Ind[g]
Puerto RicoPNP/D[h]PDPPNP/R2022 United States elections

The 2022 Midterms are extremely friendly to Democrats. If Biden continues to use Reconciliation to send money to people, it'll be a blowout.

The 2022 midterms are not friendly to Democrats. The party not in the White House almost always makes gains. Showing the map of what is open and who has to defend what has never been an accurate barometer. I remember Democrats thinking they were going to clean up in 2010 after the blowout election they had in 2008 with Obama and the Republicans having to defend a whole bunch of seats because of how well they did in the Senate in 2004 and you know what happened? The Republicans had a historical midterm. They won six Senate seats and 63 House seats because Obama's popularity tanked after the passage of ObamaCare.

If you think throwing paltry crumbs to people in form of stimulus checks over and over is going to garner votes for the Democrats you don't have a good grasp on what's going on out there. People don't want table scraps thrown to them. They want their lives back and the longer this drags out the more it's going to hurt Biden's popularity. Not to mention additional factors of some of the radical legislation being proposed and some of the extremist loons he's been appointing to his cabinet.

You should take note that even with toxic Trump at the top of the ticket this past election and him losing, the Republicans still gained several House seats (they were predicted to lose another ten to 20) and the Democrats still failed to win a decisive majority in the Senate (they were expected to do so easily.) The voters indicated they wanted Trump gone, but they weren't necessarily buying what your party was selling either, hence the mixed results.

The party not in the White House almost always makes gains.

Not when Donald Trump is the guy leading your party! Good luck with that! Didn't he say he was going to fly to Alaska and try and harm Lisa Murkowski's re-election (A Republican).

First, that fat fuck isn't going to Alaska lmao.

Second, lmao.

You are right, probably not...

The Republican party will never get a majority again. Enjoy watching them eat eachother to vie for Trump's support.

You must be new to American politics.

Actually what democrats need to do is play like the republicans and watch them fold. End the jim crow fillibuster than ramrod everything down the republicans throat until 2022 and then watch what happens. Because republicans seem to think they are going to get the majority back in 2 years, that may not happen considering how they are acting now. So as liberals pass everything they want without a filibuster, we are will watch the right implode.

People who have adrenalin running through their arteries don't use their brains.

Actually what democrats need to do is play like the republicans and watch them fold. End the jim crow fillibuster than ramrod everything down the republicans throat until 2022 and then watch what happens. Because republicans seem to think they are going to get the majority back in 2 years, that may not happen considering how they are acting now. So as liberals pass everything they want without a filibuster, we are will watch the right implode.

If Dems end the filibuster and slam everything through with a slim partisan majority - they'll pretty much ensure the Republicans come roaring back.

The 2022 midterms are not friendly to Democrats. The party not in the White House almost always makes gains. Showing the map of what is open and who has to defend what has never been an accurate barometer. I remember Democrats thinking they were going to clean up in 2010 after the blowout election they had in 2008 with Obama and the Republicans having to defend a whole bunch of seats because of how well they did in the Senate in 2004 and you know what happened? The Republicans had a historical midterm. They won six Senate seats and 63 House seats because Obama's popularity tanked after the passage of ObamaCare.

If you think throwing paltry crumbs to people in form of stimulus checks over and over is going to garner votes for the Democrats you don't have a good grasp on what's going on out there. People don't want table scraps thrown to them. They want their lives back and the longer this drags out the more it's going to hurt Biden's popularity. Not to mention additional factors of some of the radical legislation being proposed and some of the extremist loons he's been appointing to his cabinet.

You should take note that even with toxic Trump at the top of the ticket this past election and him losing, the Republicans still gained several House seats (they were predicted to lose another ten to 20) and the Democrats still failed to win a decisive majority in the Senate (they were expected to do so easily.) The voters indicated they wanted Trump gone, but they weren't necessarily buying what your party was selling either, hence the mixed results.
tl;dr

If Dems end the filibuster and slam everything through with a slim partisan majority - they'll pretty much ensure the Republicans come roaring back.
If the Dems end the filibuster and "slam" SR-1 through, the Republicans won't come back anytime soon.

tl;dr

If the Dems end the filibuster and "slam" SR-1 through, the Republicans won't come back anytime soon.
If they end the filibuster and force their whole agenda in that way, it will turn more and more independents against them. It won't take much to turn the tide.

The Democratic Party is in a catch 22. The Presidents party generally loses during the midterms. That leaves two years for the party to convince the voters to buck the trend.

If they pass too little legislation, they will be painted as feckless and lose the party majority.

If they jettison the filibuster and pass as much legislation as they can, they will be painted as imperious and still lose the majority.

Just my opinion here, but the latter seems to be the better option. If the electorate agrees with the legislation passed, it increases the odds of staying in power.

Forum List

Back