Are American conservatives' ignorance & stubbornness a threat to all life on Earth!

Are American conservatives' ignorance & stubbornness a threat to all life on Earth!

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
A few years ago, I recall being in a debate on a forum around Earth Day. Conservatives were, as usual, angry, defiant, and completely unwilling to listen to rational arguments about just about any subject. Global warming/Climate change was, of course, one of those topics. In fact, many conservatives hated the concept and the idea of Earth Day so much that they claimed they purposely turned on all the lights in their homes or simply ran the engines in their vehicles while they sat in their cars listening to their radios as some kind of protest. Frankly, it seemed silly and just plain childish to me. It still does. It reminded me of times when I've seen some child (and sometimes an adult) act in a destructive manner as a form of protest against something. As an example, a person might smash something of value in an effort to make a point, although the point they ultimately make is that they're both irrational and immature.

However, it's one thing to take a hammer to your own car in a fit of pique. It's another thing entirely to destroy your home where others in your family also live. But, I guess you can always move somewhere else, right? Well, not in the case of planet Earth. Earth is everyone's home, and if we (the collective we) destroy the sustainability of life on this planet, we've got nowhere else to go. And right now, the only people in the world who seem to be against trying to rise to meet the immense and growing challenge of climate change are American Conservatives.

You should check out the pollution in 3rd world countries

Conservatives were, as usual, angry, defiant, and completely unwilling to listen to rational arguments

so they were like many liberals are......

Are liberals' anti-social VIOLENCE more of a psychopathic, paranoid threat to all life on Earth than a nasal-vacuum-cleaner methamphetamine-addict who's been awake for no less than 100 hours?

I'm not even sure conservatives have always been that anti-science, I mean like I bet they were very pro-science in the 1950s.

On the other hand, if you talk about the Middle Ages, the Earth being flat, and the Sun revolving around the Earth, then you have a point about conservative values of the day.

Conservatives have the opera singer mentality of Me Me Me Me, and not the mentality of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

American conservatives tend to value logic and reason as opposed to cults like those of global warming charlatans.

A few years ago, I recall being in a debate on a forum around Earth Day. Conservatives were, as usual, angry, defiant, and completely unwilling to listen to rational arguments about just about any subject. Global warming/Climate change was, of course, one of those topics. In fact, many conservatives hated the concept and the idea of Earth Day so much that they claimed they purposely turned on all the lights in their homes or simply ran the engines in their vehicles while they sat in their cars listening to their radios as some kind of protest. Frankly, it seemed silly and just plain childish to me. It still does. It reminded me of times when I've seen some child (and sometimes an adult) act in a destructive manner as a form of protest against something. As an example, a person might smash something of value in an effort to make a point, although the point they ultimately make is that they're both irrational and immature.

However, it's one thing to take a hammer to your own car in a fit of pique. It's another thing entirely to destroy your home where others in your family also live. But, I guess you can always move somewhere else, right? Well, not in the case of planet Earth. Earth is everyone's home, and if we (the collective we) destroy the sustainability of life on this planet, we've got nowhere else to go. And right now, the only people in the world who seem to be against trying to rise to meet the immense and growing challenge of climate change are American Conservatives.
There's no such thing as man-made global warming… jack weed

I'm not even sure conservatives have always been that anti-science, I mean like I bet they were very pro-science in the 1950s.

On the other hand, if you talk about the Middle Ages, the Earth being flat, and the Sun revolving around the Earth, then you have a point about conservative values of the day.
Pagans believed in a flat earth and the like, not Christians. dip shit

Energy & even water costs money. I minimize. I minimize trash. Always have since way back. 100% recycle. Do "they" re-use it? I have my doubts, hopefully.

Global warming is a scam/hoax to control you and take your savings.

If you like, please send your money directly to algore or DNC. They are so trustworthy and smart!

You are apparently too gullible to see what the whole "climate change" gang is up to. (By the way, you used to call it "global warming"--why the name switch?) Climate change is a simple power-grab. It will turn the kleptocracy of Botswana into Cabrini-Green Houses.

You know what would drastically cut carbon emission? Stop paying welfare bitches to be brood sows. Stop allowing millions to move from low carbon-emitting countries to high carbon-emitting countries. Those two things alone would have far far greater impact in the real world then send a bunch of money to Geneva or wherever so a bunch of freeloaders can fly around the world attending conferences. But you "climate change" dupes never suggest things that would actually make a difference. That's why conservatives reject your nonsense.

You want to run into a real life science-denier? Engage any liberal in a debate on race. They will swear there is no such biological reality as this thing called race, then describe the history of the United States as nothing but one biologically-related race oppressing another. They insist there must be a woman of color in every boardroom because of the unique perspective she and only she can provide, but, then, if you assume she has some other perspective than you do about something, you are a horrible sinful racist.

Another conservatives are dumb and anti science thread.
ZZZ-ZZZZZZZZ.
The only thing wrong with the environment is the one created by leftist turds such as the OP.
This appears to be just another trolling taunt thread.

Noam Chomsky agrees that Republicans are a direct threat to humanity:

“Today, the Republican Party has drifted off the rails,” Chomsky, a frequent critic of both parties, said in an interview Monday with The Huffington Post. “It’s become what the respected conservative political analysts Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein call ‘a radical insurgency’ that has pretty much abandoned parliamentary politics.”

Chomsky cited a 2013 article by Mann and Ornstein published in Daedalus, the journal of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, analyzing the polarization of the parties. The authors write that the GOP has become “ideologically extreme, scornful of facts and compromise, and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.”

Chomsky said the GOP and its presidential candidates are “literally a serious danger to decent human survival” and cited Republicans’ rejection of measures to deal with climate change, which he called a “looming environmental catastrophe.” All of the top Republican presidential candidates are either outright deniers, doubt its seriousness or insist no action should be taken — “dooming our grandchildren,” Chomsky said.

Noam Chomsky Says GOP Is 'Literally A Serious Danger To Human Survival’ | HuffPost

Go back to the late 1980s and Republicans were on the floors of Congress stating that Global Warming is real and needs to be dealt with. There are videos that are easily searched on this. Somebody stuffed enough money in their pockets to get them to turn 180 degrees. That someone is the fossil fuel industry.

And the clock is ticking louder by the minute.

Well if global warming is real one consolation is that us dumb Americans will be taking the rest of you smug ***** down with us.

DEUS VULT
pepe destruction.jpg

Hey, I am all for a rational discussion/argument on the topic of climate....you start by providing a single shred of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability. You do that and we have the basis for a rational discussion...don't do it and you are just telling me about your faith, and what your religion says. So can you have a rational discussion..can you provide any actual observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports AGW over natural variability or are you just another warmer who wants to tell me about his religion?

The cons will not destroy the earths atmosphere as every nation on earth is working to stop the C02 and other forms of environmental damaging products.

Plants require CO2 to live. Every nation on Earth is working to kill off all plant life? The vegans are gonna be pissed!

Forum List

Back