Archbishop Lefebvre made a lot of sense.. defied Vatican II for very good reason

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I'm reading a book on this... HE is the one who should be made a saint, not the liberal popes like John XXIII...

Basically, he makes the point that Liberty in and of itself is not a desirable goal for the governments that run things. He points out that... The French Revolution when the monarchy was overthrown led to several wars, the suppression of Churches and a whole list of other disasters that did not occur under the religious monarchy. It was far from a success.. so anyway he goes into detail about how Liberty is but should not be the primary objective of government, some "god" of the people...

That TRUTH should be... GOD should the one to rule

He speaks of the rights of God.. how liberal laws or lack of laws causes people to sin and leads them into Hell, therefore it is most important to make laws so as to help people find salvation (Heaven)

He quotes several popes who write eloquently against liberalism, esp that in the Church:

Pius VI
Pius IX
Pius X
Pius Xi
Leo XIII

People should read this stuff... our world would not be so chaotic and EVIL if only people would listen to the Vicar of Christ (and we haven't had a TRUE one of those since Pius XII)

and the protesters aren't showing up and i thikn i know why

they love to hate the Catholic Church... do NOT want to hear evidence of such things as

some popes were excellent
some popes were actually Catholic
being Catholic is not what they think...

etc

wouldn't be good to left without such a great thing to hate.. But if it really is the Church Christ founded...

seems to me you shouldn't hate it... and if you don't believe it is the Church Christ founded... maybe it is because you don't want to know... don't want to change.. don't REALLY care about .. all things Jesus Christ.. His history in this world...

where are the Catholics here?
You are aware that Catholics are not required to agree with every word spoken by a Pope? If we don't listen, how will we know if we agree or disagree? We have stories of our Saints adamantly disagreeing with one another. Give the Pope a break, while being clear on your own beliefs. We Catholics are not cookie stamps of one another.

You are aware that Catholics are not required to agree with every word spoken by a Pope? If we don't listen, how will we know if we agree or disagree? We have stories of our Saints adamantly disagreeing with one another. Give the Pope a break, while being clear on your own beliefs. We Catholics are not cookie stamps of one another.
i did listen to Pope F

which is why i do not listen to him anymore

Protestants (some anyhow) don't like Catholics because the RCC teaches OBJECTIVE truth... the truth of GOD (his laws, his ways...). The world these days favors the "everyone c an believe whatever erroneous thing he chooses" bs..

Catholics have always been barred from joining secret societies... Protestants (not all but some) join them.. or are told it is "up to [their] conscience"..

so anti-Catholic protestants (again: some) had no problem joining w/ the secret societies and actually thought it a good idea because they , too, wanted to get rid of theCatholic Church

But what if... just WHAT IF

the Catholic Church really IS the Church Christ founded? Would they, knowing or suspecting this, back off on trying to destroy it?

well, they have to answer that Q... hopefully b4 the end of their lives

On Judgment Day, it will be a topic of discussion btwn them and the Lord, I am fairly certain... It iss certainly related to... you know.. where a person ends up after death...

All Christians, Catholic or Protestant need to read the book The Horn of the Unicorn

Both Catholic and Protestant have been wondering... and wondering.. about so many things that do not make sense in Christendom

This book provides many pieces to that great Puzzle re the Church in modern times.. and of course there is still only ONE of those.. Do you belong to it?

I want to say this is the best book I've ever read (aside from the Bible)... but then... maybe I say this because I have been looking for the true Church (sometimes unknowingly) for a LONGGGGGGGGGGG time..

:)

Forum List

Back