Anyone have a favorite stock for the recovery

Recovery? The FED is dropping One Trillion Dollars into the market every night this week, and it has done nothing. There is little prospect for recovery in the near future.

The market won’t hit bottom until all hopes of a quick or V shaped recovery are extinguished, so why would anybody be looking for long equity plays now. We have weeks if not months before this bear market will flatten. Plenty of dorayme to be made on the short side now. Ask me in 6 months...maybe.

Obviously a big paper company, like Kimberly-Scott or a company that makes hand sanitizers.

Paper companies may get a bounce on speculation, but the reality is their sales aren’t going to increase much at all. The sales for toilet paper e.g. are just getting pushed forward, and all that TP being hoarded in American garages is going to have to be used before those people buy more. It’s not like the coronavirus gives you diarrhea.

Obviously a big paper company, like Kimberly-Scott or a company that makes hand sanitizers.

Paper companies may get a bounce on speculation, but the reality is their sales aren’t going to increase much at all. The sales for toilet paper e.g. are just getting pushed forward, and all that TP being hoarded in American garages is going to have to be used before those people buy more. It’s not like the coronavirus gives you diarrhea.
Thanks for the tip!

Companies that were already in the process of moving manufacturing OUT of China.

Georgia Pacific! :auiqs.jpg:

Forced selling and short scare news have caused some secure companies par $25 preferreds down below$10 and even $ 5. The best buys are the ones soon to call or notified intent to call.
Example: company offers new series of preferred taking advantage of lower rates in order to pay off higher rate notes debt. Those preferred sell out but now can be bought back or the higher debt at fractions while still paying off debt through the warned mandatory call + more certain the voluntary call of the other higher preferred series as intended. Naysayers forget to tell you these plunges help companies restructure lower and lessen debt so that coming out of the virus earnings will be greater due to lessen expense of debt payouts. At worse the companies dilute the stock shares and hold down or off divys for the regular stock to hold the fort while paying off debt at a much cheaper rate. The companies come out of this leaner and meaner then ever before, all through scare mostly done by pros trying to grab those bargains from weak hands and forced selling low volume crashes.
1 day trade $6buy then sold next day $15.
149% gain on one of these,
Just bought back today back down below last buy to rinse and repeat.

Forced selling and short scare news have caused some secure companies par $25 preferreds down below$10 and even $ 5. The best buys are the ones soon to call or notified intent to call.
Example: company offers new series of preferred taking advantage of lower rates in order to pay off higher rate notes debt. Those preferred sell out but now can be bought back or the higher debt at fractions while still paying off debt through the warned mandatory call + more certain the voluntary call of the other higher preferred series as intended. Naysayers forget to tell you these plunges help companies restructure lower and lessen debt so that coming out of the virus earnings will be greater due to lessen expense of debt payouts. At worse the companies dilute the stock shares and hold down or off divys for the regular stock to hold the fort while paying off debt at a much cheaper rate. The companies come out of this leaner and meaner then ever before, all through scare mostly done by pros trying to grab those bargains from weak hands and forced selling low volume crashes.
1 day trade $6buy then sold next day $15.
149% gain on one of these,
Just bought back today back down below last buy to rinse and repeat.
Same stock up over 25% in after hours.

Easy. Long the market in steps.

6T in stimulus.

We just saw this play out.....

This is the only Stock I will be able to afford after the purposeful destruction of our economy.
download (1).jpeg
A nice Beef Broth for dinner.
At least it has protein.

This is the only Stock I will be able to afford after the purposeful destruction of our economy.
View attachment 314909
A nice Beef Broth for dinner.
At least it has protein.
I like how you said purposeful destruction, it's way to easy for foes or political rivals to manipulate our markets and worse out financials and system.
When will the SEC realize that 2x and 3x short or long etfs is a disaster 1)because the market maker or provider cheats the buyers and sellers with computer systems used to make the buyers and sellers chase the price and often the price is out of order or accuracy to benefit the scam.
2)because they are used in conjunction with paid protest uprisings to commit financial terrorism by Rich hedge fund owners who also use it for political tactic (*Soros cough cough*)
3)because selling more shares then exist as 100% of a company is liken to the movie "the Producers" whereby tanking a co with fake bankruptcy news or staged frivolous lawsuits and news from never heard of media about said lawsuit is often used to attack a company for sale of the short position, making a flop so they never have to pay back (buy back) their shares.
During liquidity or buyer support issues the short should be prohibited. Notice maker makers will cap the top end if no sellers exist, but on the way down, good luck finding the market maker at work.
This is not the Pres or administrations fault, it's the bipartisan SEC And non functioning congress responsible for always allowing the attack on our system by allowing practices that make it to easy to do.

The market won’t hit bottom until all hopes of a quick or V shaped recovery are extinguished, so why would anybody be looking for long equity plays now. We have weeks if not months before this bear market will flatten. Plenty of dorayme to be made on the short side now. Ask me in 6 months...maybe.

I agree. I think today’s massive 2000 point rally was a head fake

evga or Georgia Pacific.
I take stock in my chicken stock I cooked last night. What do I do with it? Shame to waste it.

IMO, is was worse than a head fake. The VIX is sky high and todays rally pushes the high end of risk for the VIX even higher. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a 12-15% rapid drop relatively soon.

IMO, is was worse than a head fake. The VIX is sky high and todays rally pushes the high end of risk for the VIX even higher. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a 12-15% rapid drop relatively soon.

Until there's clear evidence that the virus is receding the stock market will be on a roller coaster

Forum List

Back