Trump: "Highest Stock Market In History, By Far!"

Bruce Daniels

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2020
Surprisingly enough, that was actually TRUE when Trump tweeted it on February 19 of this year. The actual record high of 29,551.42 for the Dow Jones Industrial Average was set on February 12, 2020. But what a difference a month makes! Today, March 18, the Dow Jones Average closed at 19,898.92, down almost 10,000 points! When Trump was inaugurated, on January 19, 2017, the Dow closed at 19,804.72. All the gains made under the Trump administration have been essentially wiped out. Now, I know that Trumpers will complain that it's not fair to blame Trump because the coronavirus is wreaking havoc on the economy. To some extent, that's true. But if Trump doesn't deserve blame for the stock market decline, why did he deserve credit for its rise?

Four Charts Comparing Trump’s Vs. Obama’s Stock Market Returns
The Dow has officially erased all gains minted during the Trump presidency | Markets Insider

Oh, someone should have caught you up with the news. We are in a pandemic...emergency directives every day. It's called Coronivirus, It happening all over the world. Stock markets are suffering big time.

Thank God our market was up 10,000 points before this hit.

Surprisingly enough, that was actually TRUE when Trump tweeted it on February 19 of this year. The actual record high of 29,551.42 for the Dow Jones Industrial Average was set on February 12, 2020. But what a difference a month makes! Today, March 18, the Dow Jones Average closed at 19,898.92, down almost 10,000 points! When Trump was inaugurated, on January 19, 2017, the Dow closed at 19,804.72. All the gains made under the Trump administration have been essentially wiped out. Now, I know that Trumpers will complain that it's not fair to blame Trump because the coronavirus is wreaking havoc on the economy. To some extent, that's true. But if Trump doesn't deserve blame for the stock market decline, why did he deserve credit for its rise?

The Dow has officially erased all gains minted during the Trump presidency | Markets Insider
If this had happen a year and a half ago, the confidence in him, held by the 35% would have evaporated by now. He is lucky impeachment came before the pandemic. I think the only thing that could save him now would be a stock market miracle, but I suspect we are in for a rough few months in the markets, not to mention the sickness, loss of life and the effects on the pandemic on the lifestyles of the American public. As a country, we will get through this, but he's toast.

We'll be burnt toast if that zombie brained Biden gets in there.

I'm planning to vote for him if he doesn't succumb to Covid-19 before then. I have had trump fatigue since he was 9 months into office.

The economy gonna take a hit trump got nothing to do with it ....infections and boomer death gotta peak first .......then we'll see how it goes

Lol I was at the bar and some lazy hillbilly was bitching trump cut his disability by 400..

His back ....wah.
as he was throwing fuckin horseshoes and and bending up and down to pick em up no problem :20:

I dont take finacial advice nor do I give it ......but merry Christmas peasants .....to the working stiffs

Keep yer eyes on Ford

Ford is always a 10 to 12 dollar stock in good times

I've been watching it ...in 2007 ford went BELOW a buck fifty by the same time the following year it was back up to 10 +...fuckin easy killin

Closed at 4.50 tonight ...call your own bottoms

Just sayin

The economy gonna take a hit trump got nothing to do with it ....infections and boomer death gotta peak first .......then we'll see how it goes

Lol I was at the bar and some lazy hillbilly was bitching trump cut his disability by 400..

His back ....wah.
as he was throwing fuckin horseshoes and and bending up and down to pick em up no problem :20:

I dont take finacial advice nor do I give it ......but merry Christmas peasants .....to the working stiffs

Keep yer eyes on Ford

Ford is always a 10 to 12 dollar stock in good times

I've been watching it ...in 2007 ford went BELOW a buck fifty by the same time the following year it was back up to 10 +...fuckin easy killin

Closed at 4.50 tonight ...call your own bottoms

Just sayin
Good to note, but the experts don't see the bottom yet. I'll wait. There will be time to ride the wave near the bottom. I don't care if I miss the absolute bottom.
Funny about horseshoe guy. I've seen a guy on permanent disability help me dig post holes, but could not work a sit down job. Have no doubt, there is a lot of that out there.

/———/ “But if Trump doesn't deserve blame for the stock market decline, why did he deserve credit for its rise?”
You build a nice house and you get credit. An arsonist burns it down. Is that your fault ?

If this had happen a year and a half ago, the confidence in him, held by the 35% would have evaporated by now. He is lucky impeachment came before the pandemic. I think the only thing that could save him now would be a stock market miracle, but I suspect we are in for a rough few months in the markets, not to mention the sickness, loss of life and the effects on the pandemic on the lifestyles of the American public. As a country, we will get through this, but he's toast.
ROFLMFAO

Wow, what are the odds of a pandemic in the making
during the very time of the sham impeachment

I know this has been said before.....but this is really the dumbest thread on USMB so far.

The only way your OP would be rational is if Trump was the cause of the virus.

And that's why China is trying to get Democrats in the media to blame him.
Talking about Russian influence.....this is Chinese influence in our elections.

Trump’s unsuitability for the job of the presidency has never been clearer. It will be like a Mike Tyson punch in the face come November. There has never been a greater need for a change in the presidency than now.

I'm planning to vote for him if he doesn't succumb to Covid-19 before then. I have had trump fatigue since he was 9 months into office.
You are voting for alzheimers?
Voters voted for Alzheimers in 2016. They will vote for normalcy in 2020.

Voters voted for Alzheimers in 2016.

Granted, Hillary did win the popular vote, but Trump won the presidency.

I voted for a Democrat in 2016 so you are probably correct.
Moron

Voters voted for Alzheimers in 2016.

Granted, Hillary did win the popular vote, but Trump won the presidency.
Alzheimers won in 2016. That will be corrected this November,

I voted for a Democrat in 2016 so you are probably correct.
Moron
You voted correctly in 2016. Somehow your brain now thinks Trumpian dementia is normal. Maybe it’s your diet.

Forum List

Back