Anyone have a favorite stock for the recovery

Invest in a cattle ranch, since ribeyes will be worth about $50 a pound soon.
The supply problem is TEMPORARY & minor and not a cattle rancher issue, it's a processing plant issue. Some ranchers are literally killing the animals because they have no place to process or call for their supply.
THE MSM is causing some area shortages by over dramatizing the situation for viewership with the result being hoarding thus self fulfilling.

The supply problem is TEMPORARY & minor and not a cattle rancher issue, it's a processing plant issue. Some ranchers are literally killing the animals because they have no place to process or call for their supply.
THE MSM is causing some area shortages by over dramatizing the situation for viewership with the result being hoarding thus self fulfilling.

Nah. by the time my calves are fattened there will be price gouging; food prices are already way up, and shutting down packers, which are a near monopoly these days, always causes shortages, and they shut down over 20% of capacity, which in turn leaves farmers with excess livestock. Care to guess what happens when some 3 million hogs have to be put down at once? It ain't pretty.

Yeah yeah, we know; you think livestock gets fattend up over-night by just snapping one's fingers, and then appears on the grocery shelves the next day

Actually I remember when Katrina blasted through Louisiana and something like 70 per cent of the chickens were grown there at the time and most were killed... I asked a friend in the food business if this meant there will be a shortage of chickens in North America. He laughed and told me it takes 6 weeks to have just as many chickens as before as that is how long it takes from egg to being culled.. I was surprised and it shows us that our food supply is stronger then one can imagine. I am sure they will figure out ways to compensate. Maybe smaller more spread out facilities would be the best answer instead of huge sprawling ones where all our eggs are put into a few baskets leaving us vulnerable when one goes down...

Forum List

Back