Anybody stocking up on light bulbs?

I'm buying LED lights as my old lights fail.

They'll last forever.

They use less electric also. When working with developing LED(Light Emitting Diodes) in an industrial application it was sad to not be able to replace LEDs cheaper than the finished product, same goes with DVD players and motor starter circuits.

I've had CFL bulbs since they fist came out. I have never followed their guidelines with broken bulbs,and have yet to get mercury poisoning.

So you just throw it in the trash along with button cell batteries then huh?

Fuck'n dick. :evil:

I bought those little twirly florescent bulbs years ago.
I bought them not because the gov't told me too...but because they are better than incandescent.
Why would anyone stockpile them?

I HAVE to stockpile them as 20 of my lampshades are made of glass, stained, and on many of them the new LEDs are so long they touch the shade, ( learned the hard way ) so I have to stay with 40 watts as long as possible, or recycle some beautiful lamps that provide me great beauty and color.

Additionally, the incandescent ones bring to life more accurately, the colors in the glass, which is called art glass, actually, because of the striations in the glass. Tiffany style.

I prefer the warmth of incandescents. The creepy white morgue lighting of the other options is ghastly.

I've had CFL bulbs since they fist came out. I have never followed their guidelines with broken bulbs,and have yet to get mercury poisoning.

Yep, since I live on 43 acres the dump is in the back forty.

You are such an idiot. I'm sure your neighbors appreciate the way you are poisoning the ground water supply with mercury.

I prefer the warmth of incandescents. The creepy white morgue lighting of the other options is ghastly.

Exactly, plus CFs do not cast light. We bought enough incandescents to last thirty years and still have some left to sell on Ebay when the stock of all the stores has run dry.

Last edited:
I'm buying LED lights as my old lights fail.

They'll last forever.

They use less electric also. When working with developing LED(Light Emitting Diodes) in an industrial application it was sad to not be able to replace LEDs cheaper than the finished product, same goes with DVD players and motor starter circuits.

Then they should sell themselves, much like the car replaced the horse all on its own, and the cell phone is replacing the landline all on its own.

Neither product needed the government to ban its manufacture.

I've switched most of my lights to CFL's or LED's on my own, except for those annoying fancy fixtures where they dont make them cheap enough yet.

I still think the government ban on incandescent manufacture is idiotic.

You are such an idiot. I'm sure your neighbors appreciate the way you are poisoning the ground water supply with mercury.

3 bulbs in 5 years, that must be a great deal of mercury. The water supply her is methane gas, sulfur and black shale. It's not worth drinking and is not potable in many areas. That is why there is a water line for people to connect to.
But as you repubs say, fuck the govt. regs.

It would be amusing to see Moonglow's parade of hypocrisy, if it weren't so pathetic.

3 bulbs in 5 years, that must be a great deal of mercury. The water supply her is methane gas, sulfur and black shale. It's not worth drinking and is not potable in many areas. That is why there is a water line for people to connect to.
But as you repubs say, fuck the govt. regs.

But surely you are violating not only local waste management laws, but federal waste management laws. Did you request a variance from whichever agency has standing with regards to the water resources in your area? Are the proper permits for disposing of scheduled wastes displayed at the front of your property? Have you kept the records required detailing the method of disposal, where the items came from, and thier eventual fate? Is the proper monitoring program in place near the disposal area?

Are all your neighbors aware, under Right to Know laws, that you are disposing of controlled wastes on your property? did you post the RTK paperwork where i can be seen?

Libertarians don't say "fuck the government" what we say is the government has way to much control over certain things. Progressive such as yourself LOVE passing laws and regulations and other rules to control people's lives. It is a shining example of hypocrcy when you dont follow the rules you wanted out of sheer lazyness, or worse, a sense of noblise oblige, i.e. rules are only for the pesants.

Exactly, plus CFs do not cast light. We bought enough incandescents to last thirty years and still have some left to sell on Ebay when the stock of all the stores has run dry.

Pennywise and Poundfoolish. :lol:

Because I stocked up on bulbs at bargain rates so I can read without getting a headache? It's called thrifty.

I would have much preferred it if Bush had delivered on his small government rhetoric and not signed into law the big government mandates that have now halted the manufacture of incandescent light bulbs, but there's a lot our government does I'm not crazy about.

Regardless, stocking up on bulbs just seems like nothing more than pushing off the inevitable to me, so I'm not going to bother.

How about you?

as soon as they come off the shelves there will be a black market for them. not to worry

I would have much preferred it if Bush had delivered on his small government rhetoric and not signed into law the big government mandates that have now halted the manufacture of incandescent light bulbs, but there's a lot our government does I'm not crazy about.

Regardless, stocking up on bulbs just seems like nothing more than pushing off the inevitable to me, so I'm not going to bother.

How about you?

as soon as they come off the shelves there will be a black market for them. not to worry

Just like Betamax VCRs

It would be amusing to see Moonglow's parade of hypocrisy, if it weren't so pathetic.

Would you like to pay for the 100 miles I would have to drive to dispose of these items?

If its only a few, store them until you pass by the disposal facility.

These are the regs people like you are striving for, progressive, environmentally friendly, etc. Its actually a dick move not following them due to inconvinence.

Forum List

Back