Any Thoughts on The "Post-Trump" Republican Party Platform and Governance

We are almost 60 days after Trump, and about 75 days after "The Ban" from Twitter. Former President Trump has been relegated to sending emails out begging for money and saying "please remember me!" about the vaccine -- so putting that aside for a second...what will The Republican Party look like post-Trump?

So far, from what I can ascertain, 75% of the party is just done. They're not looking to govern, they're not looking to lead, they're just hanging out. Marjorie Taylor Greene is a very good recent example. Then there is the 25%, let's call them the RINO's: these are the Mitt Romneys, a few of the GOP Governors such as Maryland's Hogan, and then some disparate politicians and people here and there who are still interested in doing the job of a politician (introducing new legislation and leading the people forward as a nation). I'll come back to this.

Now, granted, they are the minority party right now -- 4 years of Trump lost them basically everything -- so they cannot stop anything in the House, and in the Senate can only Filibuster. Either way, this is what I am currently seeing from all pillars of the Republican Party Machine (in order below 2- Media, 1- Political, 3-Local, 4-Cultural):

- The newest (1) pillar seems to be pure and simple: "Democracy is not worth the trouble". We saw with the most recently election, that this was a watershed moment for the current GOP as it stands in the 21st century: "Winning by sheer majority number of American votes" is just not worth the effort. They have sown the seeds of mistrust in Democracy and the history of US Government. This is the bulk of their political efforts right now. We are nearing 6 months after the election, and the daily argument by their politicians such as Ron Johnson is still focused on November elections and not on the future or leading people.

- The second (2) pillar seems to be a constant stream of media scrutiny to try and harm the new Biden Administration. Using Twitter and media mouthpieces, the scrutiny seems to be predicated around two simple falsities: The Rio Grande Border between Mexico and Texas is brand new. And secondly, people just now started coming in the last 60 days and had never done so before. Nothing really to elaborate on here, it's purely media attempts to damage the winner and current President. From what I am seeing, neither he nor Press Secretary Jen Psaki are even really bothering to care about the media's heat on this issue.

- The third (3) seems to be on the local level of government. I no longer am seeing governance at a local level by the GOP. Texas is filing lawsuits against entire states to throw out millions of votes; Kentucky is adding laws to where cops cannot be called mean names; Georgia is removing the ability for human beings to bring water bottles for other people while waiting in line to vote. Arkansas recently introduced a bill to make it a felony to get an abortion for a woman, blanketing any other exceptions other than rape. The rest have censured Federal GOP Senators who voted to impeach trump, and are just making racist comments about Americans (Ron Johnson looking at you).

-The last (4) pillar is probably the largest that I cannot really understand, and that is the pure cultural aspect of the 21st century Republican party. People like Lauren Bohbert have gotten elected to the highest congress in the land on platforms of: being an idiot. Ignorance seems to be a strength. Any argument about progress is tossed out with "yeah, but". Any logical conclusion that can be made with senses is tossed out as "Trump said ___". I truly do not think we have seen the end of the damage done by the last administration to the Republican voting base. Everything has been politicized for them. Books, masks, cars, TV, music, sports, you name it.

In conclusion, I'm just trying to get a feel for what exactly -IS- the platform going forward for the Republican party? Is it really as simple as this going forward for its voters:

1: There's a border crises
2: The election several months ago was stolen
3: Guns
4: Abortion

If so, I just don't see a future with any of these platforms. What will the Republican party look like tomorrow?

Thanks for reading!
Trump has at least 74,000,000 guaranteed voters.
Then why did over half of CPAC attendees say they didn't want him to run again?
Yeah, that was an interesting tidbit.

I, and many others warned them in 2016 that if they chose Donald Trump, he would trash the party and burn down the house on his way out. We were not wrong. They are no longer a party. They are a collection of sycophantic, spineless apologists who joined a cult of personality.

I say this as one who doesn't wish to see the Republican Party go the way of the Whigs. We need two healthy parties for a healthy democracy. But I'm not feeling particularly positive about things at this point.
Two questions to this:

Do you think the Republican Party even CAN reinvent itself with an entirely new platform? And by that I mean, would the voters even want to hear things such as inclusion, gay rights, women's rights, etc?

Why do we need two heathy parties for a heathy democracy? Why not 4? Why not 7? Why do you say 2 as if that's magic?

Hey I'm good if Donald decides to form his "Freedom Party". That would split the GOP in two and kill their chances of winning another election - perhaps in our lifetimes. But remember, we already have at least four parties. Don't forget the Greens and the Libertarians. How have those guys done in the past several elections?

The sad reality is that the average Joe isn't a political junkie like you and I. They wouldn't have the attention span to focus on 4 or 5 let alone 7 separate ideologies. Three would be about the limit IMHO.

The funny thing about Republicans (or Trumpublicans as I now prefer to call them) is that they're literally on the wrong side of every major issue in this country. Gay marriage, a woman's right to choose, universal background checks and climate change to name just a few. Those are 30% issues at best, and yet 90% of Republicans are stone cold opposed. But there they are, clinging to their 1950's vision of what our country should be and what we should all believe in.

Just look at the COVID relief bill. It was favored by 75% of Americans and 57% of Republicans. Yet not a single R vote. They've been The Stupid Party for at least the last 15 years. But Trump dumbed them down even further. Suddenly the party became one that's primary goal was "owning lefty". That was the point at which they became REALLY stupid and I guess we can thank Dear Leader for that. Republicans became invertebrates, largely for fear of a primary challenge or a mean tweet.

EDS my friend. Extreme Demographic Anxiety. That's why R's now openly admit that they have to cheat in order to win as the country moves toward white minority somewhere around 2040.

Solutions? I suggest term limits as a start. And eliminating dark money entirely. We should publicly fund campaigns to the extent small donations don't get the job done. The longer these assholes serve, the more likely they are to become corrupt. And I'm talking BOTH sides. This is why nothing gets done. SO much money is required to win and hold power that there is no end to campaigning and fund raising.

I think Americans are sick and tired of extremes on both sides. As long as we have extreme politicians there won't be any compromise, without which little to nothing of substance will ever get done.

Right now? Wish I could say that I was hopeful. Honestly, while happy with President Biden at the moment, I am not.

Last edited:
We are almost 60 days after Trump, and about 75 days after "The Ban" from Twitter. Former President Trump has been relegated to sending emails out begging for money and saying "please remember me!" about the vaccine -- so putting that aside for a second...what will The Republican Party look like post-Trump?

So far, from what I can ascertain, 75% of the party is just done. They're not looking to govern, they're not looking to lead, they're just hanging out. Marjorie Taylor Greene is a very good recent example. Then there is the 25%, let's call them the RINO's: these are the Mitt Romneys, a few of the GOP Governors such as Maryland's Hogan, and then some disparate politicians and people here and there who are still interested in doing the job of a politician (introducing new legislation and leading the people forward as a nation). I'll come back to this.

Now, granted, they are the minority party right now -- 4 years of Trump lost them basically everything -- so they cannot stop anything in the House, and in the Senate can only Filibuster. Either way, this is what I am currently seeing from all pillars of the Republican Party Machine (in order below 2- Media, 1- Political, 3-Local, 4-Cultural):

- The newest (1) pillar seems to be pure and simple: "Democracy is not worth the trouble". We saw with the most recently election, that this was a watershed moment for the current GOP as it stands in the 21st century: "Winning by sheer majority number of American votes" is just not worth the effort. They have sown the seeds of mistrust in Democracy and the history of US Government. This is the bulk of their political efforts right now. We are nearing 6 months after the election, and the daily argument by their politicians such as Ron Johnson is still focused on November elections and not on the future or leading people.

- The second (2) pillar seems to be a constant stream of media scrutiny to try and harm the new Biden Administration. Using Twitter and media mouthpieces, the scrutiny seems to be predicated around two simple falsities: The Rio Grande Border between Mexico and Texas is brand new. And secondly, people just now started coming in the last 60 days and had never done so before. Nothing really to elaborate on here, it's purely media attempts to damage the winner and current President. From what I am seeing, neither he nor Press Secretary Jen Psaki are even really bothering to care about the media's heat on this issue.

- The third (3) seems to be on the local level of government. I no longer am seeing governance at a local level by the GOP. Texas is filing lawsuits against entire states to throw out millions of votes; Kentucky is adding laws to where cops cannot be called mean names; Georgia is removing the ability for human beings to bring water bottles for other people while waiting in line to vote. Arkansas recently introduced a bill to make it a felony to get an abortion for a woman, blanketing any other exceptions other than rape. The rest have censured Federal GOP Senators who voted to impeach trump, and are just making racist comments about Americans (Ron Johnson looking at you).

-The last (4) pillar is probably the largest that I cannot really understand, and that is the pure cultural aspect of the 21st century Republican party. People like Lauren Bohbert have gotten elected to the highest congress in the land on platforms of: being an idiot. Ignorance seems to be a strength. Any argument about progress is tossed out with "yeah, but". Any logical conclusion that can be made with senses is tossed out as "Trump said ___". I truly do not think we have seen the end of the damage done by the last administration to the Republican voting base. Everything has been politicized for them. Books, masks, cars, TV, music, sports, you name it.

In conclusion, I'm just trying to get a feel for what exactly -IS- the platform going forward for the Republican party? Is it really as simple as this going forward for its voters:

If so, I just don't see a future with any of these platforms. What will the Republican party look like tomorrow?

Thanks for reading!
Everytime Dems gain full power, we hear this shit. “The Republicans are done”. Yet Dems always go full retard and show the country what un-American, racist, radical lefties they are, and they get booted from office.

All we have to do is sit back and watch the shit show and allow the Dems to red-pill more and more Americans everyday.

9DFBE6B4-8734-4F70-BE3D-342C18010429.jpeg

Either way, the point of the poll was that the most devout CPAC people were on the fence about it. In a general election it would be even worse.........

Thanks for reading!
See my sig.
Okay I’m looking at your sig hossfly and from doing so I assume you are saying trump could get elected again in the next election? As much as I would like to believe that will happen you got to be real here,how could he possibly do and prevent vote fraud as a citizen running for president when he could not do thst as president? Let’s be real now.

The latest news from the WH.

View attachment 467468

Seems like in modern times the alleged president for demorats is really doing what the Vice President tells him to do,who can forget the ninetys when you saw bumper stickers that read impeach President Clinton and her husband to?the first time I saw that back then I was on the floor rolling in laughter.that was great.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Trump 2024

The way Comrade Biden is going, there might not be enough cheating available to stop him.
There is no way, what is left of the republican party will get behind running trump as their candidate in 2024. It would be the biggest gift to the Democrats, they could possible get. The weight of the baggage he brings couldn't be lifted with a crane. That is similar why many republicans wished in-vain to see Hillary in the race for 2020. He could run as an independent without further long lasting damage to the republican brand (if it still exists), but would split the vote, guaranteeing the Democrat (any Democrat) would win in a landslide.

Thanks for reading!
See my sig.
Okay I’m looking at your sig hossfly and from doing so I assume you are saying trump could get elected again in the next election? As much as I would like to believe that will happen you got to be real here,how could he possibly do and prevent vote fraud as a citizen running for president when he could not do thst as president? Let’s be real now.

I'm saying the 2020 election is not over until the votes in the disputed states are counted properly and forensic inspections of the machines are performed. Plus an explanation of why the machines were illegally connected to the internet.

Trump 2024

The way Comrade Biden is going, there might not be enough cheating available to stop him.
There is no way, what is left of the republican party will get behind running trump as their candidate in 2024. It would be the biggest gift to the Democrats, they could possible get. The weight of the baggage he brings couldn't be lifted with a crane. That is similar why many republicans wished in-vain to see Hillary in the race for 2020. He could run as an independent without further long lasting damage to the republican brand (if it still exists), but would split the vote, guaranteeing the Democrat (any Democrat) would win in a landslide.
Trump isn't taking your pension from you.

Thanks for reading!
Trump has at least 74,000,000 guaranteed voters.
Then why did over half of CPAC attendees say they didn't want him to run again?
Because they are Portfolio Pigs who only care about themselves and their assets.
It's amazing to me how many Trump haters never watched one speech or interview with Trump and have no idea what the fuck is going on.
Trump ran against both parties.
The next thing you'll tell me is that the Democrat establishment cares about anything but their stock portfolios.
Well he is only a child so you you got to expect him to think like that and not have a clue that trump indeed ran against both parties,this goes through one ear and out the other with the trump haters that trump is not part of the corrupt two party system the bush’s and obamas,Biden’s,clintons aunt Romney’s are,that he is not a globalist as them.

But they only hear what they want to hear and won’t consider they are wrong that trump is different so I don’t even bother with stupid fucks like this op anymore,you should not either.they don’t want to hear the truth,ignore them and go on to the next one who wants to be open minded and can admit when they are wrong.

Trump 2024

No, I'm good, but I am not certain LTG Flynn will keep his.

Thanks for reading!
See my sig.

I'm saying the 2020 election is not over until the votes in the disputed states are counted properly and forensic inspections of the machines are performed. Plus an explanation of why the machines were illegally connected to the internet.
Well with corrupt police departments and the most corrupt court system in the world,how would trump ever get back in the White House anytime soon? Because of the corruption at the most high levels,I just can’t see that happening,i would love to be wrong but I just don’t see it. The only way I could see any hope of justice happening and trump returning is if the United Nations made arrests on these criminal politicians and I sure don’t see that ever happening,that’s for sure.

Trump 2024

No, I'm good, but I am not certain LTG Flynn will keep his.
I'm sure every Democrat in Congress will never be accused of the crimes they committed.
But that has zero to do with your emotional disturbance being triggered by Trump.

Thanks for reading!
What does the Democrat Party look like today when you don't have to pay bills or cook your own meals?

Forum List

Back