Zone1 antiCatholics should accept Catholicism for this reason, if no other

(Mark 10:1-12)

3And there came to him the Pharisees tempting him, saying: Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? 4Who answering, said to them: Have ye not read, that he who made man from the beginning, made them male and female? And he said: 5For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be in one flesh. 6Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder. 7They say to him: Why then did Moses command to give a bill of divorce, and to put away? 8He saith to them: Because Moses by reason of the hardness of your heart permitted you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. 9And I say to you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication [unlawful/invalid "marriage"], and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that shall marry her that is put away, committeth adultery.

10His disciples say unto him: If the case of a man with his wife be so, it is not expedient to marry.
I personally believe it's best to have one wife, but there are still no laws prohibiting Godly men to have more than one wife. Adam had one wife. Noah had one wife. But God saw it fit to allow Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel), David, Solomon, etc. to have multiple wife. Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Nevertheless, there is no biblical law specifically stating that a man must have only one wife. Conversely, leaders of the church (bishops and elders) must have one wife. So Catholic priests, bishops, cardinals, archbishops, and the Pope are in direct violation of that Biblical directive.

I personally believe it's best to have one wife, but there are still no laws prohibiting Godly men to have more than one wife. Adam had one wife. Noah had one wife. But God saw it fit to allow Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel), David, Solomon, etc. to have multiple wife. Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Nevertheless, there is no biblical law specifically stating that a man must have only one wife. Conversely, leaders of the church (bishops and elders) must have one wife. So Catholic priests, bishops, cardinals, archbishops, and the Pope are in direct violation of that Biblical directive.

That's some great logic you have there :rolleyes:

a reminder to all how easily we fallen humans rationalize... just whatever we care to rationalize.

The Catholic Church (the real one) has always taught that when a deacon (the only clergy allowed to have a wife) loses said wife in death he cannot re-marry

Jesus himself said that it is better not to marry. He himself didn't, obviously.

That's some great logic you have there :rolleyes:

a reminder to all how easily we fallen humans rationalize... just whatever we care to rationalize.

The Catholic Church (the real one) has always taught that when a deacon (the only clergy allowed to have a wife) loses said wife in death he cannot re-marry

Jesus himself said that it is better not to marry. He himself didn't, obviously.
Jesus is God. He's married to His church. Nevertheless, you posted a passage of Scripture that your own leaders ignore.

Jesus is God. He's married to His church. Nevertheless, you posted a passage of Scripture that your own leaders ignore.
who a re my own leaders, pray tell?

I am not in the Vatican sect. If you had read even half my posts on the Vatican you'd know that

But maybe it wouldn't stop you anyway (knowing me wouldn't stop you). Nope.. you're just like so many others who love to accuse others. It helps you deal with rage you can't take out on people close to you (co-workers.. family members..)

who a re my own leaders, pray tell?

I am not in the Vatican sect. If you had read even half my posts on the Vatican you'd know that

But maybe it wouldn't stop you anyway (knowing me wouldn't stop you). Nope.. you're just like so many others who love to accuse others. It helps you deal with rage you can't take out on people close to you (co-workers.. family members..)
Unlike the Orthodox Church, the Catholic Church doesn't allow its clergy to marry (unless something has changed in recent years).

It's your thread, but last time I checked ... we were discussing marriage.
The true Catholic Church does not force anyone to be married OR to be a celibate priest.

There's no way anyone can force anyone else to do that anyway.. unless there is the proverbial (but actual) gun to the other's head. I'd like to hear thestory of a man who had a gun held to his head literally to force him to make a lifelong vow of celibacy...

too funny

Forum List

Back