Antarctic sea ice 2016: Historic lows

[
No what is ridiculous is you jack-a-napes shitting your pants over minor deviations which will always prove to be nothing because there is no problem. CO2 does not drive climate change. If it did we would have seen much quicker responses when climates really were changing.

Gee who to believe? Climate scientists or somebody on a message board with no background in the science. It's a hard one....

Mr. Westwall, that was proven in 1859 by John Tyndall of England. And has been repeatedly been shown to be accurate ever since. That you disagree, means nothing at all to that reality. There are scientific journals that would welcome an article that actually definatively disproves his observations, and a Nobel awaits you if you could do it. I won't hold my breath.

Let's get this straight. I have no problem whatsoever with Tyndall's contribution to the GH theory. But Tyndall KNEW BETTER than to postulate the accelerations and positive feedbacks that make up the core of this rabid version CATASTROPHIC GW that has been advanced. In fact, he knew enough to say that adding MORE of a tiny fractional atmos component like CO2 does not produce the SAME effect as the previous equal addition. In other words -- there were BOUNDS on the warming power of GH gases.

He also didn't have the Cajones to start conversations about the ocean's boiling and Florida going underwater. Or that 1 or 2 degrees is the largest extinction force ever to hit the planet..

Makes no sense to me that YOU think -- it's significant that GH gases work the way Tyndall predicted. Because that's NOT the general points of contention of GW skeptics..
I see. Then you disagree with Arrhenius? And your creds are equal to his? LOL
That's not what he said. He was very clear in what he said. This is the problem that people have with you climate nazis. You are fanatics who will stoop to dishonesty just to defend your religion.

I guess we will find out by September this year just how minor the deviations that we are seeing in temperature and ice are.
You are really a moron. You will have a lot longer than that to observe it.

upload_2016-11-25_22-24-15.png

upload_2016-11-25_22-24-47.png

upload_2016-11-25_22-25-3.png

[
No what is ridiculous is you jack-a-napes shitting your pants over minor deviations which will always prove to be nothing because there is no problem. CO2 does not drive climate change. If it did we would have seen much quicker responses when climates really were changing.

Gee who to believe? Climate scientists or somebody on a message board with no background in the science. It's a hard one....
Why do you believe I have no background in science? What is your background in science?

I don't see anyone from NASA here discussing this. I see global warming religious fanatics who remind me of nazis discussing it.

They're just saying what NASA is saying.

That aside, just looked at your profile page. You're a petroleum engineer. No conflict of interest with regard to your POV there! Jaysus.....

That's not what he said. He was very clear in what he said. This is the problem that people have with you climate nazis. You are fanatics who will stoop to dishonesty just to defend your religion.

NASA is full of nazis? Go figure... Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Evidence
I don't see anyone from NASA here discussing this. I see global warming religious fanatics who remind me of nazis discussing it.
And I see a fucking idiot that know even less than I do, and is trying to bull his way through with graphs that he cannot even understand.

Go sell your politics somewhere else. Not buying here. All the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. So why should we believe an anonymous poster that states otherwise?

They're just saying what NASA is saying.

That aside, just looked at your profile page. You're a petroleum engineer. No conflict of interest with regard to your POV there! Jaysus.....
No. They are not saying what NASA is saying. That's right, I have no conflict. I can retire tomorrow. First of all, carbon is not going away. Secondly, these religious fanatics have latched onto the IPCC accelerated forecast as gospel. While I believe that the base case is more likely. Thirdly, the data shows that CO2 does not drive climate change, it reinforces climate change. And lastly, no one is going to listen to them because of their rhetoric and tactics.

Last edited:

NASA is full of nazis? Go figure... Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Evidence
And I see a fucking idiot that know even less than I do, and is trying to bull his way through with graphs that he cannot even understand.

Go sell your politics somewhere else. Not buying here. All the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. So why should we believe an anonymous poster that states otherwise?
Well... we are going to find out. As this ain't going to change anytime soon.

upload_2016-11-25_22-24-15-png.99925

upload_2016-11-25_22-24-47-png.99926

upload_2016-11-25_22-25-3-png.99927

Why do you believe I have no background in science? What is your background in science?

I said 'climate' science. And no, a petroleum engineer is not a climate scientist..
The world we live in today is an icehouse world. It is characterized by bipolar glaciation.

upload_2016-11-20_7-5-45-png.99216

We think of this as normal, but it's not. For most of the past 55 million years our planet was a greenhouse world.

upload_2016-11-20_7-7-15-png.99218

Bipolar glaciation is geologically rare, possibly unique. No other previous instance of bipolar glaciation has been recorded in the geologic record.

upload_2016-11-20_7-8-8-png.99219

The icehouse world we live in today is characterized by glacial - interglacial cycles and a high latitudinal thermal gradient.

upload_2016-11-20_7-11-28-png.99220

I said 'climate' science. And no, a petroleum engineer is not a climate scientist..
The oxygen isotope curve is well established for the Cenozoic and shows that the trend is for a COOLING earth. Over the last 5 million years there has been rapid cooling.

upload_2016-11-19_19-37-6-jpeg.99170

65_Myr_Climate_Change_Rev.jpg

Climate models predict that extensive glaciation cannot occur at the South Pole until atmospheric CO2 reaches 600 ppm. Climate models predict that extensive glaciation cannot occur at the North Pole until atmospheric CO2 reaches 250 ppm.

upload_2016-11-19_19-48-35-png.99174

Five million years ago the earth started going through glacial / interglacial cycles. The glacial / interglacial cycles of the past 5 million years were triggered by Milankovitch cycles. But before the glacial cycle could be triggered, two conditions needed to be met; the north and south poles had to be isolated from warm marine currents and atmospheric CO2 needed to be 400 ppm or less. These conditions still exist today.

upload_2016-11-19_19-50-58-png.99175

The north pole is isolated by landmasses. The south pole is isolated because of Antarctica.

upload_2016-11-19_19-52-44-png.99176

Petroleum Engineer? LOL Should have known. LOL Well, my major is Geology. And I started reading journals in the discipline when I was in my 20's. My first contact with global warming was in my first geology class in the mid-60's. A post grad student gave a presentation concerning global warming. It was not until the late 80's that I began to think about it a lot, as I saw the recession of glaciers in the North Cascades in the 80's and 90's. And started reading what was then tentative explanations for what we were seeing. After the opening of the Northwest Passage opened in 2007, there was no doubt that we were seeing what the scientists had predicted. Much sooner than they predicted.

Now, if you wish to sooth your conscience by lying to yourself about what the product you help produce does to the environment, go ahead. Just don't expect the rest of us to agree.

Jesus fucking Christ!!!!! The Cenozoic is not a worry for me. The temperatures that my grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be seeing is what is worrying me. And the present increase in the last three years are definitely indicating that the GHGs we are putting into the atmosphere is going to go well beyond 2 degrees, even if we add not one ppm more.

The world we live in today is an icehouse world. It is characterized by bipolar glaciation.

We think of this as normal, but it's not. For most of the past 55 million years our planet was a greenhouse world.

Bipolar glaciation is geologically rare, possibly unique. No other previous instance of bipolar glaciation has been recorded in the geologic record.

The icehouse world we live in today is characterized by glacial - interglacial cycles and a high latitudinal thermal gradient.

Nobody is denying the Earth goes through phases. And yes it is going through that now. What you deniers are saying is that humans are not contributing to it accelerating. Of course we are. How can we not. You know what a GH gas is right? I lived in NZ for the first 40 years of my life. It has not gone unnoticed that since the decrease in HFCs and the like, the hole in the ozone layer over the Antarctic AND parts of NZ during summer is now decreasing every year.

There is a GHG effect. This we know for sure, but the largest effect is at very low concentrations. That's because there is a logarithmic relationship between CO2 concentration and associated temperature. Which means that as CO2 concentration increases the incremental temperature associated with the CO2 increase diminishes. So a 120 ppm increase from 0 to 120 would have a much bigger impact (19.21 C) than a 120 ppm increase from 280 to 400 ppm (24.04 - 19.21 = 1.43 C)

upload_2016-11-23_20-58-20-png.99694

upload_2016-11-23_21-3-27-png.99697

Forum List

Back