Another Threat To Our Gasoline Shortage That's Looming--Nobody To Deliver It

Fights are breaking out in gas lines back East.

Coolio.....:dance:

Biden's version of 'Bumfights'. Very entertaining.
Back in the day, your license tag number determined which day you could buy gas.
This time around you should have to provide a voter ID/registration showing you’re not a registered democrat if you want to buy gasoline.

Maybe people don't want to drive those trucks. Ever consider that?

It's not a matter of "want" it's a matter of getting into a career that pays a living wage (or better) and not on CNN being interviewed on the street crying how the president needs to create a job for you because the economy is down.

I get so aggravated when leftists tell me about how there are not enough good paying jobs out there and poverty is just part of the system. Truck drivers have been in short supply for at least the last 20 years, and none of these so-called victims of our society ever looked into making money this way.

Yes, driving a tractor-trailer is a bit scary, especially at first. It requires a lot of hours depending on what jobs are available to you and what your personal needs are. Driving is in the top ten most deadliest jobs in our country; more deadly than being a police officer or fire fighter. But I did it because I needed a career and somebody has to do these jobs.

Our current unemployment rate is 6.1%, and as the OP points out, there is a drastic shortage of drivers to bring our gasoline to us. Maybe people don't want to drive trucks? Imagine what this country would be like if nobody did.

Last edited:
So you got fired and another trucking company will not hire you.

My boss was pissed when I had to leave. It was your precious bureaucracies that put me out of work, not my employer that I worked 25 years for.

Wow your Boss was pissed, but your ass was sent down the road anyway. Something about that dog don't hunt.

DarkSide (hacking group) - Wikipedia
2 days ago · DarkSide is a hacking group believed to be behind the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack, as part of its "Robin Hood"-style image of stealing from the rich and giving a portion to the poor.. The group was first noticed in August 2020. Cybersecurity company Kaspersky described the group as an "enterprise" due to their professional looking website and attempts to partner with journalists and ...

Who are DarkSide Hacker Group?
1 day ago · DarkSide is a ransomware group linked to an extortion attempt that has snared fuel deliveries across the US East Coast. The criminal gang may be new, but that doesn’t mean its hackers are amateurs, according to Reuters.. Cybersecurity experts who have tracked DarkSide said it appears to be composed of veteran cybercriminals who are focused on squeezing out as much money as they can …
Then our CIA should be finding and executing them.
Unfortunately they are probably in on it.

2 days ago · DarkSide is a hacking group believed to be behind the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack, as part of its "Robin Hood"-style image of stealing from the rich and giving a portion to the poor.. The group was first noticed in August 2020. Cybersecurity company Kaspersky described the group as an "enterprise" due to their professional looking website and attempts to partner with journalists and ...

1 day ago · DarkSide is a ransomware group linked to an extortion attempt that has snared fuel deliveries across the US East Coast. The criminal gang may be new, but that doesn’t mean its hackers are amateurs, according to Reuters.. Cybersecurity experts who have tracked DarkSide said it appears to be composed of veteran cybercriminals who are focused on squeezing out as much money as they can …

Bullshit..

I have my doubts about the cyber attack on the pipeline. I believe the shortages are caused by two factors, not enough truck drivers and a shortage of “oil” needed to refine diesel, gasoline, and plane fuel.

The bottom line is this pipeline service has nothing to pump in this pipeline.

I think the MSM would be on that like fly's on crap. I don't question the cyber attack, I question who is responsible.

In any case, this driver shortage is only icing on the cake. Biden closing down the Keystone, stopping public land drilling, this cyber attack, and now not enough transportation to bring this gasoline to our corner gas station this summer. It all spells much higher prices for everybody.

My God. you still don't know anything about Keystone.. Its been an issue since 2011.
High gas prices
Gas shortages
Food prices going way up
Consumer prices going way up
Inflation about depression era high
Caos in the middle east again
Caos on our border
That's what you voted for. Man after a couple months of pedo joe we are screwed.

Wow your Boss was pissed, but your ass was sent down the road anyway. Something about that dog don't hunt.

The only thing that doesn't hunt is your terrible comprehension skills.

To drive a CDL vehicle in this country, you need a medical card. You get the medical card by getting a physical from a government certified doctor. For people with medical conditions, we have to get our new medical card every year.

It's federal regulation that the employer have a copy of the medical card in is or her file, and make sure the driver gets a new one before the old one expires. If a driver gets stopped with no medical card or an expired card, the company gets fined into the thousands, the driver is pulled off the road, and your employer needs to send another driver out to get the truck, or have it towed back to the company. It's not a joking matter.

When the government doctor refused to renew my card and said he never will, my employer was pissed because government has been making it harder and harder for me to work, finally to the point I could no longer work for him (or anybody else) any longer.

The only thing that doesn't hunt is your terrible comprehension skills.

To drive a CDL vehicle in this country, you need a medical card. You get the medical card by getting a physical from a government certified doctor. For people with medical conditions, we have to get our new medical card every year.

It's federal regulation that the employer have a copy of the medical card in is or her file, and make sure the driver gets a new one before the old one expires. If a driver gets stopped with no medical card or an expired card, the company gets fined into the thousands, the driver is pulled off the road, and your employer needs to send another driver out to get the truck, or have it towed back to the company. It's not a joking matter.

When the government doctor refused to renew my card and said he never will, my employer was pissed because government has been making it harder and harder for me to work, finally to the point I could no longer work for him (or anybody else) any longer.

Ray is quite correct. The only reason I don't currently have a CDL was that, after I quit the trucking company I worked for, I didn't get my annual physical to maintain it (since I didn't intend to get another job requiring it), so my license reverted from a CDL to just a regular operator's license.

Trucking companies have a lot of restrictions over who they can and can't employ, regardless of who they might WANT to employ.

Ray is quite correct. The only reason I don't currently have a CDL was that, after I quit the trucking company I worked for, I didn't get my annual physical to maintain it (since I didn't intend to get another job requiring it), so my license reverted from a CDL to just a regular operator's license.

Trucking companies have a lot of restrictions over who they can and can't employ, regardless of who they might WANT to employ.

The medical card is separate from the drivers license. You could have kept your CDL if you wanted and not get a medical card unless you got a driving job even if years later. If you know you'll never need it again, then it's better to just get a regular drivers license, especially if you like to have a few drinks when you go out since a police officer can hold you to the much lower CDL standards for drunk driving even if you are driving your car.

I lost my job and career in Nov 2019. I had to renew my license in the early summer of 2020. By then, the Covid thing was really taking root. Not sure if it would lead to a drastic shortage of truck drivers, I renewed my CDL just in case it came down to that and the country desperately needed experienced drivers and willing to lower their standards to before. This was when we were experiencing our supply shortage of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, paper towels and so on.

The crisis is over and we are in recovery, and in spite of the continued need for drivers, I know they won't need me around any longer, so when this Covid thing is finally behind us, I'm converting my CDL to a regular drivers license. At least then when I go out, I can have a few beers without worry.

Maybe people don't want to drive those trucks. Ever consider that?

It's not a matter of "want" it's a matter of getting into a career that pays a living wage (or better) and not on CNN being interviewed on the street crying how the president needs to create a job for you because the economy is down.

I get so aggravated when leftists tell me about how there are not enough good paying jobs out there and poverty is just part of the system. Truck drivers have been in short supply for at least the last 20 years, and none of these so-called victims of our society ever looked into making money this way.

Yes, driving a tractor-trailer is a bit scary, especially at first. It requires a lot of hours depending on what jobs are available to you and what your personal needs are. Driving is in the top ten most deadliest jobs in our country; more deadly than being a police officer or fire fighter. But I did it because I needed a career and somebody has to do these jobs.

Our current unemployment rate is 6.1%, and as the OP points out, there is a drastic shortage of drivers to bring our gasoline to us. Maybe people don't want to drive trucks? Imagine what this country would be like if nobody did.

Exactly.

My brother has had his own limo business for 20+ years. Guy busted his ass at all hours of the day and night.

Uber came along and was kicking the hell out of him, then came the pandemic and that business was done.

He went to work for door dash while getting his license to drive a truck. He fucking hated it and it sucked to lose his business but he picked his ass up and did it to pay his bills and kept moving. Now he's making good $$ driving a truck. Rolls around with his dog raking in pretty good money.

I do not buy, ever, these whiny stories of lack of opportunity. I've seen people that simply try, and don't expect handouts and support from govidaddy, do what's necessary when necessary, whether they liked it or not, to support themselves.

The medical card is separate from the drivers license. You could have kept your CDL if you wanted and not get a medical card unless you got a driving job even if years later. If you know you'll never need it again, then it's better to just get a regular drivers license, especially if you like to have a few drinks when you go out since a police officer can hold you to the much lower CDL standards for drunk driving even if you are driving your car.

I lost my job and career in Nov 2019. I had to renew my license in the early summer of 2020. By then, the Covid thing was really taking root. Not sure if it would lead to a drastic shortage of truck drivers, I renewed my CDL just in case it came down to that and the country desperately needed experienced drivers and willing to lower their standards to before. This was when we were experiencing our supply shortage of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, paper towels and so on.

The crisis is over and we are in recovery, and in spite of the continued need for drivers, I know they won't need me around any longer, so when this Covid thing is finally behind us, I'm converting my CDL to a regular drivers license. At least then when I go out, I can have a few beers without worry.

I did eventually get a new license, because I moved. And yes, if a cop had stopped me while I still had the old card, they could have held me to CDL standards, even though running my license number would have told them I no longer had CDL privileges.

For the record, I still hold myself to CDL standards when I drive. Just because I'm no longer a professional driver doesn't mean I can't still behave like one behind the wheel. If I've had even one beer, someone else drives.

Company is Texas is offering 14,000/wk for drivers right now.
I donk think so
Thanks and my apologies you doubting you

Company is Texas is offering 14,000/wk for drivers right now.
I donk think so

That's gross but still good money. The driver still has to buy fuel, make truck or lease payments, insurance, pay for truck repairs, tires, healthcare and all that.

Forum List

Back