What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another study by brilliant researchers confirms what we already knew

Status
Not open for further replies.
&

☭proletarian☭

Game Ownership May Interfere With Young Boys' Academic Functioning

Parents of young boys may want to encourage moderation when it comes to their kids' video game habits. According to new findings in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science, owning a video-game system may hamper academic development in some children....

Further analysis revealed that the time spent playing video games may link the relationship between owning a video-game system and reading and writing scores. These findings suggest that video games may be displacing after-school academic activities and may impede reading and writing development in young boys. The authors note that when children have problems with language at this young age, they tend to have a tougher time acquiring advanced reading and writing skills later on. They conclude, "Altogether, our findings suggest that video-game ownership may impair academic achievement for some boys in a manner that has real-world significance."

Game on? Video-game ownership may interfere with young boys' academic functioning

NO FUCKING SHIT

How much money did it take them to figure this out?

OP
&

☭proletarian☭

Who keeps paying for these studies? Please tell me they're not getting public financing for this shit.

Phoenix

fideli certa merces
Reaction score
☭proletarian☭;2087617 said:
Who keeps paying for these studies? Please tell me they're not getting public financing for this shit.

I'm thinking we all have the dubious honor of paying for the aforementioned studies. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

code1211

Reaction score

I'm thinking we all have the dubious honor of paying for the aforementioned studies. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

We can only hope that a commission is appointed to distribute grant money to get to the bottom of this.

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Reaction score
I grew up with games, as did most of my friends, and we have succeeded academically and have gotten good education.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

You do. That's the problem when you support big government.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW i played games tons. Coasted through school without a problem.

Key is making sure you get your work done.

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Certain types of games are good for brain fitness

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

uscitizen

Reaction score
Does anyone think thie will impact the sales of video games?

I mean Wii is the greatest thing for quality family time ever invented ;)

JW Frogen

Gold Member
Reaction score
That is actually true, Wii is helping me teach my four year old son about baseball in a heathen land of cricket.

God bless Wii.

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Reaction score
That is actually true, Wii is helping me teach my four year old son about baseball in a heathen land of cricket.

God bless Wii.

Now if only other game makers can make good, full games, with as good a game play as Wi sports games

random3434

Reaction score
No matter what, DO NOT take your kids outside to play, or buy them a bike!

Video games are the way to go!

I can't believe they even have parks anymore, wth? They should tear them all down and put in a Dave and Busters in each and every one!

*It's sad when you go up a ramp, or a stairs, and kids from age 7 to 11 are winded and tired from it.

blu

Reaction score

God bless Wii.

my stepson learned (american) football by playing madden for a couple of weeks.

blu

Reaction score

I can't believe they even have parks anymore, wth? They should tear them all down and put in a Dave and Busters in each and every one!

*It's sad when you go up a ramp, or a stairs, and kids from age 7 to 11 are winded and tired from it.

indeed. who needs a bike anymore when you have wii sports plus or wii sports resort. soon outside will be deprecated and the space can be finally used for good.

uscitizen

Reaction score

And Utah has the right idea. Get rid of all those wasteful national parks and monuments.
It is a waste to take kids to em anyway.

If they want to take their kids they can go play in the coalpile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List