Another study by brilliant researchers confirms what we already knew

Status
Not open for further replies.
&

☭proletarian☭

Game Ownership May Interfere With Young Boys' Academic Functioning

Parents of young boys may want to encourage moderation when it comes to their kids' video game habits. According to new findings in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science, owning a video-game system may hamper academic development in some children....

Further analysis revealed that the time spent playing video games may link the relationship between owning a video-game system and reading and writing scores. These findings suggest that video games may be displacing after-school academic activities and may impede reading and writing development in young boys. The authors note that when children have problems with language at this young age, they tend to have a tougher time acquiring advanced reading and writing skills later on. They conclude, "Altogether, our findings suggest that video-game ownership may impair academic achievement for some boys in a manner that has real-world significance."

Game on? Video-game ownership may interfere with young boys' academic functioning

NO FUCKING SHIT

How much money did it take them to figure this out?

Who keeps paying for these studies? Please tell me they're not getting public financing for this shit.

☭proletarian☭;2087617 said:
Who keeps paying for these studies? Please tell me they're not getting public financing for this shit.

I'm thinking we all have the dubious honor of paying for the aforementioned studies. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

I'm thinking we all have the dubious honor of paying for the aforementioned studies. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

We can only hope that a commission is appointed to distribute grant money to get to the bottom of this.

I grew up with games, as did most of my friends, and we have succeeded academically and have gotten good education.

You do. That's the problem when you support big government.

BTW i played games tons. Coasted through school without a problem.

Key is making sure you get your work done.

Does anyone think thie will impact the sales of video games?

I mean Wii is the greatest thing for quality family time ever invented ;)

That is actually true, Wii is helping me teach my four year old son about baseball in a heathen land of cricket.

God bless Wii.

That is actually true, Wii is helping me teach my four year old son about baseball in a heathen land of cricket.

God bless Wii.

Now if only other game makers can make good, full games, with as good a game play as Wi sports games

No matter what, DO NOT take your kids outside to play, or buy them a bike!

Video games are the way to go!

I can't believe they even have parks anymore, wth? They should tear them all down and put in a Dave and Busters in each and every one!

*It's sad when you go up a ramp, or a stairs, and kids from age 7 to 11 are winded and tired from it.

God bless Wii.

my stepson learned (american) football by playing madden for a couple of weeks.

I can't believe they even have parks anymore, wth? They should tear them all down and put in a Dave and Busters in each and every one!

*It's sad when you go up a ramp, or a stairs, and kids from age 7 to 11 are winded and tired from it.

indeed. who needs a bike anymore when you have wii sports plus or wii sports resort. soon outside will be deprecated and the space can be finally used for good.

And Utah has the right idea. Get rid of all those wasteful national parks and monuments.
It is a waste to take kids to em anyway.

If they want to take their kids they can go play in the coalpile.

You do. That's the problem when you support big government.
What the fuck do you mean 'you'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back